WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sean O'Loughlin Future Golden Boot Winner?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Sean O'Loughlin Future Golden Boot Winner?

Posted by Damo-Leeds on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 pm
Damo-Leeds User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

With Kevin Sinfield lucky enough in some peoples eyes to receive a nomination to this top award will Sean O'Loughlin go one step further and actually win the thing?

All that Kevin Sinfield has done to deserve this award is lead Leeds Rhinos to a third consecutive (Sean O'Loughlin is capable of better) grand final win and a top of the table finish. Not to mention all the individual awards he’s won this season including man of the match (If Sean O'Loughlin wasn’t injured he would of got that) aweard against the kiwis and the Harry Sunderland (something Sean O'Loughlin should of got these last three years if it wasn’t for losing against Kevin Sinfield’s Leeds twice and saints once in the semi's) at Old Trafford

What You Think?
Posted by FearTheVee on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 pm
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Damo-Leeds wrote:
What You Think?

I think you need to get over the fact that some people think SOL is a good player.
Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 pm
Posted by Mini Rogue on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 pm
Mini Rogue User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I think your going fishing again, but Sinfield has played most of his International footy this series at 9, not at 13.
saint mully wrote: It was disappointing to see the numbers leaving after the Lee Smith try when I was coming back in from the toilets, I could hardly get back in

scully = god wrote: We have the worst fans in the league. FACT. What we need is the passion Wigan fans have.
Posted by Damo-Leeds on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:55 pm
Damo-Leeds User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

FearTheVee wrote:
I think you need to get over the fact that some people think SOL is a good player.

I accept he’s a good player. But he’s no where near Kevin Sinfield at the moment. However there’s always room for improvement :lol:
Posted by Steve Ella's Beard on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Steve Ella's Beard Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Damo-Leeds wrote:
I accept he’s a good player. But he’s no where near Kevin Sinfield at the moment. However there’s always room for improvement :lol:

Sinfield has been playing well this series while at dummy half..........
Posted by Newton-Le-willows-Warrior on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Newton-Le-willows-Warrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Damo-Leeds wrote:

what do you base your judgement on?
Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:59 pm
Posted by back to back to back on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:59 pm
back to back to back Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sinfield could single handedly score 7 tries on saturday and beat the aussies and people would still go ''eh! sinfield? what did he do'' when he won MOM.
Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm
Posted by Therailwayendisuponus. on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm
Therailwayendisuponus. User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

back to back to back wrote:
Sinfield could single handedly score 7 tries on saturday and beat the aussies and people would still go ''eh! sinfield? what did he do'' when he won MOM.
I have never been a fan of Sinfield, especially as I am a Cas fan. But I have to admit he was absolutely brilliant for us on Saturday. Mr Sinfield I doff my cap to you sir!
George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfookers on that side."
Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:06 pm
Posted by Steve Ella's Beard on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:06 pm
Steve Ella's Beard Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

back to back to back wrote:

Actually a great deal of people were praising Sinfield, including plenty people who previously felt he was overrated. Seems like you'd need a fairly big chip on your shoulder to off the back of that come and have a sly dig at Sean. Mind you it is Damo
Posted by Damo-Leeds on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm
Damo-Leeds User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Newton-Le-willows-Warrior wrote:
what do you base your judgement on?

At all angles.

Sinfield has been the best 13 at club level for the past three years in super league as shown by the points he’s amassed and winning the big award. He’s also been instrumental in the international set up - not always I will admit that.

Sean O'Loughlin in comparison has just looked good in a few super league regular round games and you might want to chuck in a few challenge cup games and maybe the odd (not that anything really stands out) international.

Sinfield is an all round class act for both county and club level at the moment just like the Melbourne Storm lads who’ve been nominated rightly for the golden boot. Anyone who thinks Sean O'Loughlin is a better player I respect they opinion but they over glorifying him into something he’s not.
Next