WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Workington (H)
Workington (H)
Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:55 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:55 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 392

We owe them one. Hopefully there will be no distractions in the press like last time.

Think we'll need a strong ref as Workington have a few seasoned campaigners and will be looking to put us off our game.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Workington (H)
Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:04 pm
Posted by Nothus on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:04 pm
Nothus User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Just get the win in this one. Then smash those clowns from down the road next week :D
Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Posted by dddooommm on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm
dddooommm User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Big test. Leon will have them fired up for this one. Home advantage will see us home I hope.

York also have a tough test against Hunslet.
BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk
Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm
Posted by Bull Mania on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 24th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 12

Workington are a different animal away from home and i think we'll be extra motivated after what happened at their place. I think they'll be fired up early on before we pull away.
Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 am
Posted by Blotto on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 am
Blotto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: 2.5 hrs North of Newcastle. 8 hrs South of Brisbane
Bullseye wrote:
We owe them one. Hopefully there will be no distractions in the press like last time.

Think we'll need a strong ref as Workington have a few seasoned campaigners and will be looking to put us off our game.

You would hope but the Numpty that does the Bulls Twitter has already done a tick the boxes against the teams the Bulls have beaten in the 8 match's so far! So I expect Worky to try and make X marks the spot!
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid!

If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/

Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get!
Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:51 am
Posted by HamsterChops on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:51 am
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,222

Blotto wrote:
You would hope but the Numpty that does the Bulls Twitter has already done a tick the boxes against the teams the Bulls have beaten in the 8 match's so far! So I expect Worky to try and make X marks the spot!

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this. I cringe when I see it, as it absolutely screams of tempting fate.
Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 am
Posted by Nothus on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 am
Nothus User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

HamsterChops wrote:
I'm glad someone else has mentioned this. I cringe when I see it, as it absolutely screams of tempting fate.

I can understand why you might see it that way but I think it's all part of the same marketing push aiming at getting people through the gates for the last few games of the season. To be fair, some of the media output they've come up with for the final 8 games isn't that bad, especially when you compare it to some of the other dross we've put out in recent times.

I really don't think a twitter post is going to spur a side on that much. Now another rant from Chalmers, that's a different matter. Keep your mouth shut this week Andrew!
Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 am
Posted by HamsterChops on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 am
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,222

Nothus wrote:
I can understand why you might see it that way but I think it's all part of the same marketing push aiming at getting people through the gates for the last few games of the season. To be fair, some of the media output they've come up with for the final 8 games isn't that bad, especially when you compare it to some of the other dross we've put out in recent times.

I really don't think a twitter post is going to spur a side on that much. Now another rant from Chalmers, that's a different matter. Keep your mouth shut this week Andrew!

No, I get it. And most seem to think it's a good bit of marketing and certainly seems to have got the T&A involved. And I don't for a minute think the Workington players will pay the blindest bit of attention. It just that air of the Kevin Keegan "only one team are going to win this" commentator's curse line. Nothing that will directly affect anyone involved, but just asking fate to shoot you down in a hail of bullets.
Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm
Posted by DrFeelgood on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm
DrFeelgood User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,222

I think we should be able to win handsomely enough to stay ahead of the points difference race too, not that it really matters but it sure looks better us being top.

As far as the marketing is concerned, I've been impressed that the Bulls have actually come up with a fairly decent strap line (i.e. the ultimate eight) and stuck to it. It defines our purpose for the rest of the reason and gives a clear message that it is eight games to promotion, should we win those games that is. Irrespective of the rumours on other threads, the feelgood factor has been maintained near enough all season and initiatives like this help that. Bravo to the marketing team, if it exists. I hope crowds increase off the back of this - we certainly took a few to North Wales on Sunday.

I saw yesterday Leon tweeted saying he was looking forward to his Odsal return (or something to that effect). I let him know that he was welcome with open arms but I hope we give Workington a good hiding. I think I copied that off Kear when he managed Hull all them years ago - pretty sure he was playing Cas first game of the season and said he wanted to whup them despite being a Cas lad!
"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger
Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 am
Posted by Bullseye on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 392

Squad is out:

Chisholm
Crossley
Egodo
Flanagan
Garside
Grant
Green
Halafihi
Hallas
Keyes
Kirk
Lilley
Minchella
Oakes
Peltier
Pickersgill
Pownall
Ryan
Wood
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Next