WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Galloway, Smith & Oledzki

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Galloway, Smith & Oledzki

Galloway, Smith & Oledzki
Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:24 pm
Posted by Toosmooth on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:24 pm
Toosmooth User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I don't personally rate Galloway. I think he's a plodder. His injury leaves us short though. You can't have a full back and a halve on the bench when it comes to the business end of the season. Can Cameron Smith or Oledzki be recalled to get 20 minutes out of one of them v Wigan? Both look promising. Walters doesn't. Baldwinson is out of favour and Ormondroyd hasn't had a look. I think we're OK at Prop, but we're light at 2nd row and LF, and we like to play a prop at LF.
Just let me check. Thermos, sandwiches, corn plasters, telephone money, dandruff brush, animal footprint chart and... one triple thick condom. You never know.
Re: Galloway, Smith & Oledzki
Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

We can recall Oledzki and Smith as they've been on loan for over a month now. Key thing coming up now for us regarding those two and Ormondroyd and Baldwinson at Fev is that we're approaching the 8's and they won't be able to play for us if they make an appearance for Fev or Bradford. Can't see either of the Fev pair playing for them, not sure what he'll do with the Bradford duo though.

Ormondroyd was 18th man vs Hull and unused sub vs Saints so I'd guess he's the most likely to come in first.
Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm
Posted by marathonman on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm
marathonman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I went up to Batley this afternoon to watch them and the Bulls, Oledzki is a great talent but I don't think he is anywhere near ready for Super League yet, the Batley forwards were knocking him around and then he was substituted. Smith,Hallas and Aston looked pretty ordinary.
Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:18 pm
Posted by rhino65 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:18 pm
rhino65 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I've been of the opinion that Keith Galloway has been a good recruit. IMO the only reason he hasn't won a section of fans over, is that lots saw him as a replacement for the freak that is JP. Let's face it, that was a big ask. I like Galloway, gets through a ton of the ugly work.
Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm
Posted by Frosties. on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

PrinterThe wrote:
We can recall Oledzki and Smith as they've been on loan for over a month now. Key thing coming up now for us regarding those two and Ormondroyd and Baldwinson at Fev is that we're approaching the 8's and they won't be able to play for us if they make an appearance for Fev or Bradford. Can't see either of the Fev pair playing for them, not sure what he'll do with the Bradford duo though.

Ormondroyd was 18th man vs Hull and unused sub vs Saints so I'd guess he's the most likely to come in first.

Baldwinson and Ormondroyd can play for both because they've played more than eight games on duel registration so eligible for both.
Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:11 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:11 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wrt to Cameron Smith a poster has had this to say on his showings from Bradford......

wrote:
Just a general question...
Are there people who think this guy is absolutely useless?

I know he's 18, u19s is different to The championship etc, but his performances since he scored that try from a short pass from Lilley at odsal have been nothing short of shocking.

Happy to throw a pass when it's not on, positionally may aswell not be on the field and seems to try his hardest to avoid tackling, leaving his half back with a mountain of defensive work to do.

The lad may come good in a few years time, but compare him to Bentley, who is a year older, yet a country mile ahead of him.
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:03 am
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:03 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I genuinely think there's too much pressure on Smith due to him being a star junior. Its going to take a while for him to work out what role he plays and how. If he's not handled right he'll end up vanishing without trace.
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:46 am
Posted by Gotcha on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:46 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

BrisbaneRhino wrote:
I genuinely think there's too much pressure on Smith due to him being a star junior. Its going to take a while for him to work out what role he plays and how. If he's not handled right he'll end up vanishing without trace.

I think it is more to do with the additional 20kg of weight he had to put on in a short time.

And as for Galloway, he does a decent job for us, yes a plodder but a lot of work. I do t think he is put down because of comparisons to previous players, I think it is more to do with been a high paid overseas player. Value for money.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:01 am
Posted by Stevosfalseteeth on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:01 am
Stevosfalseteeth Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Sutcliffe isn't far away. His versatility will be vital. Cuthbertson will surely go to prop and then we have a number of options in the back row with Keinhorst also coming back
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 am
Posted by Clearwing on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 am
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Galloway will be a miss, we're not overburdened with genuine frontline props. I think we can cover but were we to lose Garbutt too I think it could scupper our trophy chances, such as they are.
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)
Next