WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What happened to new recruits ?

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk What happened to new recruits ?

What happened to new recruits ?
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:51 pm
Posted by Beaujangles on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:51 pm
Beaujangles Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,275

Quiz Score: 0

Thought i read we were bringing in 3 on the strength of our season ticket revenue ? 2 were already done deals.So far another season loan is all that's announced.Maybe something to be announced at Post House tonight ?
Re: What happened to new recruits ?
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 pm
Posted by gizempo on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 pm
gizempo Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

That’s what we were told. I am a bit worried for the upcoming season. There are a lot of positive vibes about getting the club more in order, it’s good that we are developing and promoting players from our reserves and trying to find local talent, but the squad is clearly short of experience, size in the pack and strength in key positions. If you are bringing new players in, I would have thought you would want them for the most of the pre-season training and if there are players still available then that may question the calibre – hopefully I am wrong. But for all the positivity off the field people will judge the club on the results and performances on the field; the increase in season ticket sales might be wiped out by fewer people paying at the gate if they don’t see the results.
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm
Posted by prince abdula on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm
prince abdula Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,275

Beaujangles wrote:
Thought i read we were bringing in 3 on the strength of our season ticket revenue ? 2 were already done deals.So far another season loan is all that's announced.Maybe something to be announced at Post House tonight ?

just what ive been thinking, maybe sion jones and the davies brother were the 3 if so.think we may have been lead up the wrong path :DEPRESSED: come on fax surprise us :BOW:
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 pm
Posted by steve_valerugby on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 pm
steve_valerugby Stevo's Armpit

I thought Connor, Curtis and Sion did well on Boxing day Considering they were all making their 1st team debuts. I'm sure they will develop well with the help of the coaching staff and 1st team players
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:43 pm
Posted by prince abdula on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:43 pm
prince abdula Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,275

steve_valerugby wrote:
I thought Connor, Curtis and Sion did well on Boxing day Considering they were all making their 1st team debuts. I'm sure they will develop well with the help of the coaching staff and 1st team players

ive no dout they will steve,but we have kept the same squad has last season apart from kidd[out for sea] and milner[loan] every club has improved and we have not.weather that will be enough for a top 4 position again.time will tell. we no what nearly happenned last sea regards. a plan A and planB for making top 4 or not. just thought bit more ambition may put more bums on seats. :DANCE:
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm
Posted by freddies wig on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm
freddies wig User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,275

Think we are in for a long season once it begins in anger and will be nowhere near the top 4. Once you finish outside the 4 it becomes every more difficult and you have to assess your perception of where the club stands and how it moves forwards. And who knows what is going on in the background with the restructure. I think this season we need to be as strong as we can and hope there are recruits on the way - but surely they would be here by now.

I hope I’m wrong. There’s a lot of positivity around the club right now but I feel it won’t last...
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:58 am
Posted by chazzerboy on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:58 am
chazzerboy Strong-running second rower

I am all for promoting youth but we look short of experience. Has Rob Worrincy been replaced ? Who will fill the void left by Mitch. His long minutes and strong carries. Who will take on his role? The off field product has improved but without on field success what use will it be.
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posted by Encouraged on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Encouraged User avatar

Location: The sweet little hollow of Shayland where new dawns are slowly unfolding.
chazzerboy wrote:
I am all for promoting youth but we look short of experience. Has Rob Worrincy been replaced ? Who will fill the void left by Mitch. His long minutes and strong carries. Who will take on his role? The off field product has improved but without on field success what use will it be.

Harry Kidd? Who is now crocked of course.
We shall one day be back where we belong and along shall come the Bulls defectors.
Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm
Posted by Faxfan1999 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm
Faxfan1999 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Promoting younger players to the first team and developing local players is really good; but we are a bit thin on the ground , lot of players in the squad (on paper) but this division gets tougher year on year and for me it will only take a few injuries and we could struggle......heard we used last years money to settle debts.....hence the big push for season ticket money / dining etc and what about the whole "all the money from season ticket sales will go to directly bolster the squad" ??
Last edited by Faxfan1999 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:56 pm
Posted by Beaujangles on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:56 pm
Beaujangles Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,275

Faxfan1999 wrote:
Promoting younger players to the first team and developing local players is really good; but we are a bit thin on the ground , lot of players in the squad but this division gets tougher year on year and for me it will only take a few injuries and we could struggle......heard we used last years money to settle debts.....and theres none left.
All fair enough,just hope we're not budgeting for top 4 this year,as that clearly won't be happening...
Next