WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Results against Nottingham?

Board index Rugby League Conference Carlisle Centurions Results against Nottingham?

Results against Nottingham?
Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:07 am
Posted by Jacobingonzo on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:07 am
Jacobingonzo User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

any idea how we got on? how are we doing after 2 games? missed 1st home match - seem to have got a bit of a pasting. reckon we will get better with a sterner test this season?
:DOH:
Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:50 am
Posted by Marto on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:50 am
Marto User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: In the Wild West of Leeds, where the Buffaloes Roam

game postponed as Carlisle couldn't raise a team i believe

2006 National League Three Champions, 2009 Co-Operative Rugby League Conference National Champions
Bramley Buffaloes|Buffaloes Video Channel|Buffaloes Merchandise|Buffs on Facebook|Buffs on Twitter
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:18 pm
Posted by CS at home on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:18 pm
CS at home Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Marto wrote:
game postponed as Carlisle couldn't raise a team i believe

Combination of a wedding, injuries and a union semi-final I believe. If we were the only club to have scratched this season I would be concerned, but we are one of quite a few to be honest - which begs other questions...

With regard to 1st home match, Wizards were especially strong in the half-backs and we are weakened by George Graham having union commitments to complete. With him we wouldn't have won, but we may have had the guile to cause them a few more problems and not had to resort to wild passes which led inevitably to more Warrington chances.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.
Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 pm
Posted by Marto on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 pm
Marto User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

CS at home wrote:
Combination of a wedding, injuries and a union semi-final I believe. If we were the only club to have scratched this season I would be concerned, but we are one of quite a few to be honest - which begs other questions...

Such as?

2006 National League Three Champions, 2009 Co-Operative Rugby League Conference National Champions
Bramley Buffaloes|Buffaloes Video Channel|Buffaloes Merchandise|Buffs on Facebook|Buffs on Twitter
Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm
Posted by CS at home on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm
Free-scoring winger

Marto wrote:
Such as?

4 games scratched out of 10 due suggests that the ambitiously early start is proving problematic for some clubs that don't have the depth of player availability that Bramley have.

Speaking purely personally I think there is a lot to be said for a longer season, but perhaps we should look at compulsory Sunday matches at the start or other measures to alleviate the difficulties clubs like ourselves are finding. I've seen Phil's e-mail, and understand his concern, but this was not unforseeable and ambition that threatens the credibility of the competition is not a sensible way forward IMHO.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.
Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 pm
Posted by WalterWizard on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 pm
WalterWizard User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

we have started this early for the past 3 seasons!!!!
Warrington Wolves and Woolston Rovers - The PERFECT combination

//www.warringtonwolves.com
//www.woolstonroversrlfc.co.uk
//www.liverpoolfc.tv
Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 pm
Posted by Marto on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 pm
Marto User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

WalterWizard wrote:
we have started this early for the past 3 seasons!!!!
some of us have started in February the last few years.

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:33 pm
Posted by CS at home on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:33 pm
Free-scoring winger

Marto wrote:
some of us have started in February the last few years.

I take your points gentlemen, but you are both in the midst of hundreds (if not thousands of RL players within 30 miles of your pitch, you have away games that are 1-2 hours closer to you than they are to us. There are inbuilt advantages that you have that we do not. We would prefer to never cancel another match, but I have said that before (about a month ago :cry: ). I can only out forward those aspects that I feel do us no favours and have stated that I personally can see long-term benefits in a longer season, but I can also see short-term problems for us (and apparently 3 other sides!!!)

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 pm
Posted by bowes on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 pm
bowes Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The thing is they need to either have a short season to fit in the RU and BARLA off season or a long season with RU and BARLA players banned. Having teams full of players that play in winter playing in a competition that overlaps with the winter season is clearly not going to work
Re: Results against Nottingham?
Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:31 pm
Posted by tigerman10 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:31 pm
tigerman10 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Jacobingonzo wrote:
any idea how we got on? how are we doing after 2 games? missed 1st home match - seem to have got a bit of a pasting. reckon we will get better with a sterner test this season?
:DOH:

Had
Next