WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The USA
Off-topic discussion.
The USA
Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:19 pm
Posted by majorhound on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:19 pm
majorhound Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 am
Posts: 98
They won't ban the sale of guns, but apparently it's illegal to buy Haggis and Kinder Eggs in the US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFsLeU6Zsqg
Re: The USA
Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:00 pm
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:00 pm
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
majorhound wrote:
They won't ban the sale of guns, but apparently it's illegal to buy Haggis and Kinder Eggs in the US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFsLeU6Zsqg

ah yes, that famous bastion of fact that is PoohTube

do you ever actually READ anything?
Re: The USA
Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:57 pm
Posted by The Ghost of '99 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:57 pm
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,216

Quiz Score: 36

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 592
Location: Desperation Island
Leigh_Manning wrote:
ah yes, that famous bastion of fact that is PoohTube

do you ever actually READ anything?

Are you saying this isn't true or are you just reacting without actually knowing what you are talking about?
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: The USA
Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:27 pm
Posted by King Street Cat on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:27 pm
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 21
Rep Position: 14th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 268

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 3127
Location: WF4
Leigh_Manning wrote:
ah yes, that famous bastion of fact that is PoohTube

do you ever actually READ anything?


Do you?

Haggis - IMPORTS of traditional Scottish haggis have been banned in the United States since 1971. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has long objected to one of the key ingredients in haggis – sheep's lung. No food for human consumption, whether made locally in the USA or imported from overseas, can contain sheep's lung.

Kinder Eggs - The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits confectionery products which contain a “non-nutritive object”, unless the non-nutritive object has functional value. Essentially, the Act bans "the sale of any candy that has embedded in it a toy or trinket.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: The USA
Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:41 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:41 am
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
King Street Cat wrote:
Do you?

Haggis - IMPORTS of traditional Scottish haggis have been banned in the United States since 1971. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has long objected to one of the key ingredients in haggis – sheep's lung. No food for human consumption, whether made locally in the USA or imported from overseas, can contain sheep's lung.

Kinder Eggs - The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits confectionery products which contain a “non-nutritive object”, unless the non-nutritive object has functional value. Essentially, the Act bans "the sale of any candy that has embedded in it a toy or trinket.

Yes, and it's nearly 40 years ago, so why is it relevant to post it now?
Re: The USA
Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posted by Ferocious Aardvark on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Ferocious Aardvark User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 21
Rep Position: 14th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 268

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:26 pm
Posts: 28168
Location: MACS0647-JD

Leigh_Manning wrote:
Yes, and it's nearly 40 years ago, so why is it relevant to post it now?


Not sure, but haggis it's a kinder surprise?







I'll get me coat . . .
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total
Re: The USA
Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am
Posted by Cronus on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 12

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 6701
Location: comfortably numb
And in other shock news, it's illegal to import Polish potatoes, but not Polish people. :)

At least that one's only 14 years old.

Cutting edge and entirely relevant stuff, this thread. 8)
Re: The USA
Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:42 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:42 am
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
Cronus wrote:
And in other shock news, it's illegal to import Polish potatoes, but not Polish people. :)

At least that one's only 14 years old.

Cutting edge and entirely relevant stuff, this thread. 8)

breaking:Elvis is dead
Re: The USA
Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 pm
Posted by majorhound on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 pm
majorhound Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 am
Posts: 98
Leigh_Manning wrote:
ah yes, that famous bastion of fact that is PoohTube

do you ever actually READ anything?

A damned sight more than you do judging from some of your posts. Given the rash of school shootings I thought this was relevant.
Re: The USA
Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:50 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:50 am
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
majorhound wrote:
A damned sight more than you do judging from some of your posts. Given the rash of school shootings I thought this was relevant.

it's your right to think so, as it is my right to think it's just another anti USA rant.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,795,81765677,2164,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:40
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
TOMORROW 10:40
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
SOUTHS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH ONE
COVENTRY BEARS
v
HUNSLET
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH ONE
LONDON SKOLARS
v
OLDHAM
TOMORROW 15:00
 SL8s
LONDON BRONCOS
v
SALFORD
TOMORROW 15:15
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
ST. HELENS
TOMORROW 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
TOMORROW 17:00
 SL8s
TOULOUSE
v
HULL KR
TOMORROW 17:30
 SL8s
TORONTO
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11