RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hodgson
Hodgson Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:06 pm  
Hodgson
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:06 pm  

User avatarhull2524 wrote:
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 6563
Member for 13 years
Doing very nicely, we have had to cope with injuries suspensions but we are 4th and running very smoothly ATM . Hes taken and still does take a lot of flak, some on here where suggesting we get shut last week, Unbelievable. Carry on mate and lets keep the faith
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 7:56 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 7:56 am  

mwindass wrote:
mwindass Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:40 pm
Posts: 1832
Member for 14 years
Doing a good job for me too.

I had a wobble at the start of the season after the loss against Cas, but we seem to be heading in the right direction. Consistency and attitude are better this season, but we've still had the odd blip (Rovers and Cas).

We don't seem as effected when we have players missing too. Players like Mitch, Wynne, Brown have all slotted in and performed.

Hopefully we don't fall away in the 2nd half of the season like we usually do.
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 9:37 am  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 9:37 am  

User avatarC for Cuckoo wrote:
C for Cuckoo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: Hull
Member for 21 years
I was worried after last season but was content to see if he could fix the problems with our attitude. He seems to have done that. I can't remember the last time we were consistently this good at home.

Our discipline was a concern at the start of the year but that seems to be getting better too. So that's another sign that the coaches are doing good work.

I thought 4th this year would be a bit of a stretch but here we are. On the one hand we are there thanks to a poor start from Warrington and a disasterous showing from Leeds. But on the other hand we have had serious problems at half back with no consistency to build on so our best might yet be to come.

With a bit of luck on the injury front, and if we get more from our halfbacks then we could earn a home game in the play offs and shot at one of the big boys.
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 2:19 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 2:19 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 5359
Member for 8 years
C for Cuckoo wrote:
I was worried after last season but was content to see if he could fix the problems with our attitude. He seems to have done that. I can't remember the last time we were consistently this good at home.

Our discipline was a concern at the start of the year but that seems to be getting better too. So that's another sign that the coaches are doing good work.

I thought 4th this year would be a bit of a stretch but here we are. On the one hand we are there thanks to a poor start from Warrington and a disasterous showing from Leeds. But on the other hand we have had serious problems at half back with no consistency to build on so our best might yet be to come.

With a bit of luck on the injury front, and if we get more from our halfbacks then we could earn a home game in the play offs and shot at one of the big boys.


Talking of discipline
four penalties in a row and a six again leading to their second try is not good enough
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 2:50 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 2:50 pm  

User avatarhull2524 wrote:
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 6563
Member for 13 years
bonaire wrote:
Talking of discipline
four penalties in a row and a six again leading to their second try is not good enough
Do you have anything to say positive?. We've won 3 on the bounce given Toulouse the biggest defeat of the year. Yet still you find negatives. Wow
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 4:02 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 4:02 pm  

User avatarC for Cuckoo wrote:
C for Cuckoo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: Hull
Member for 21 years
bonaire wrote:
Talking of discipline
four penalties in a row and a six again leading to their second try is not good enough

It's poor certainly but the score says it was good enough on the day. Against a better team that could be the difference between winning and losing. It'll give Odgo something to talk to the players about after what was otherwise a decent performance.
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 4:23 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 4:23 pm  

User avatarnumber 6 wrote:
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 11250
Member for 17 years
bonaire wrote:
Talking of discipline
four penalties in a row and a six again leading to their second try is not good enough



Im not too worried about those penalties or the number of set restarts yesterday, probably more set restarts yesterday in one game than we have seen all season :lol:
the referee seemed to pick n choose when he felt like it at times and that was for both teams
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 5:19 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 5:19 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 5359
Member for 8 years
hull2524 wrote:
Do you have anything to say positive?. We've won 3 on the bounce given Toulouse the biggest defeat of the year. Yet still you find negatives. Wow


I was replying to a poster who said our discipline was better
Four penalties in a row plus a six again is hardly better discipline.
With our pack in good form, yesterday was an ideal game to to play Hookem yet once again the coach plays Johnstone who in reality is a championship quality player and yesterday did nothing.If Hookem had played and turned in a performance like Johnstone then most of us would have been disappointed as he has a lot more to his play than catch and pass.
Toulouse were poor and could hardly raise a team in the second half yet you are high on the fact it was their biggest defeat of the season instead of looking at the game and where we can be better.
Our pack is leading the way at the moment with Taylor and Evans getting more game time and fitness so for me the Saints game will be important just to see how we compete with a virtually first choice pack and Gale and Reynolds back.
What you can say is is if we continue with the indiscipline Saints will win comfortably
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 5:21 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 5:21 pm  

User avatarhull2524 wrote:
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 6563
Member for 13 years
You just won't give Hodgson any credit will you.
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Re: Hodgson Sun May 01, 2022 5:50 pm  
Re: Hodgson
Sun May 01, 2022 5:50 pm  

Woods1969 wrote:
Woods1969 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:19 pm
Posts: 166
Member for L 0 years
bonaire wrote:
I was replying to a poster who said our discipline was better
Four penalties in a row plus a six again is hardly better discipline.
With our pack in good form, yesterday was an ideal game to to play Hookem yet once again the coach plays Johnstone who in reality is a championship quality player and yesterday did nothing.If Hookem had played and turned in a performance like Johnstone then most of us would have been disappointed as he has a lot more to his play than catch and pass.
Toulouse were poor and could hardly raise a team in the second half yet you are high on the fact it was their biggest defeat of the season instead of looking at the game and where we can be better.
Our pack is leading the way at the moment with Taylor and Evans getting more game time and fitness so for me the Saints game will be important just to see how we compete with a virtually first choice pack and Gale and Reynolds back.
What you can say is is if we continue with the indiscipline Saints will win comfortably

I felt BH got everything right yesterday from the selection to his use of interchanges. Yes I wasn't too thrilled with Johnstone at 7 put he put in a decent performance and did more than our experienced 6+7 have done recently. Toulouse have been competive in nearly all the games they have played so we should be happy with the performance and result. I do believe if Reynolds or gale had played then hookem could have a got a game but to put him with lovaduo I think would have been a mistake
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: davey41, FoD FC Army, Hasbag, hesslefan, Irregular Hoops, jimmyfivebellies, Marcus's Bicycle, mwindass, oooh Gravy!, redmuzza, Sueandrob12 and 297 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
11s
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Away
The Speculat
7
2m
RD 24 Warrington Wolves H
Steves
49
5m
Squad for Leeds
chapylad
19
11m
Beggars belief
orangeman
1
12m
Hodgson
Hessle Roade
518
15m
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
chapylad
11
16m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4019
20m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
chapylad
659
43m
Wigan v Sts discussion
Pie_Eyter
342
45m
Recruitment and retention
Listenup94
37
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
15s
Squad for Leeds
chapylad
19
18s
WIRE YED Prediction Comp Results and Standings
Uncle Rico
41
27s
South based Rhinosan appeal
Bang
2
28s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
29299
30s
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
kaybenbull
8
40s
RD 24 Warrington Wolves H
Steves
49
44s
Hi all - Im still here
PopTart
4
49s
Dons V Keighley Sunday 21st August 2022 3pm
Wilf Grimsha
4
50s
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4019
53s
Social Media
Bartholemew
7
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Beggars belief
orangeman
1
TODAY
Away from the stress of sl
Luppylad
3
TODAY
Hi all - Im still here
PopTart
4
TODAY
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
chapylad
11
TODAY
What is a supporter
orangeman
5
TODAY
South based Rhinosan appeal
Bang
2
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
chapylad
19
TODAY
Matty Russell
Redscat
9
TODAY
Newcastle Home
Hudd-Shay
10
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Away
The Speculat
7
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.36Million +11,674 79,18834,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Fri 19th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Hull FC
v
Wakefield
 Thu 25th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R25
19:45
Salford
v
Hull FC
 Sun 28th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R26
15:00
Hull FC
v
Toulouse
 Sat 3rd Sep
     Super League XXVII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 18th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 19th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Hull FC-Wakefield
Wed 24th Aug
SL RND: 25
20:00
Leeds-Huddersfield
Thu 25th Aug
SL RND: 25
19:30
Toulouse-Catalans
Fri 26th Aug
SL RND: 25
20:00
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-SAM
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
JAM-IRE
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
NZ-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
SCO-IRE
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-PNG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WAL-Cook I
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-SCO
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-ITA
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
NZ-JAM
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-IRE
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WAL
Mon 15th Aug
CH RND: 23 York16-20Bradford
Sun 14th Aug
SL RND: 23 Hull FC6-60St.Helens
SL RND: 23 Wakefield30-12Wigan
CH RND: 23 Batley12-30Barrow
CH RND: 23 Featherstone72-6Dewsbury
CH RND: 23 LondonB38-12Workington
CH RND: 23 Whitehaven12-26Widnes
CH RND: 23 Newcastle0-60Leigh
L1 RND: 19 Rochdale34-14Cornwall
L1 RND: 19 Keighley60-18Hunslet
L1 RND: 19 Midlands18-52Doncaster
L1 RND: 19 Oldham60-6LondonS
NRL RND: 22 Canberra24-22St.George
NRL RND: 22 Gold Coast44-24Manly
Sat 13th Aug
SL RND: 23 Salford33-16Huddersfield
L1 RND: 19 West Wales6-94Swinton
NRL RND: 22 Sydney32-18NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 22 Wests12-36Cronulla
NRL RND: 22 Brisbane28-10Newcastle
Fri 12th Aug
SL RND: 23 Castleford18-8Catalans
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 23
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 23 1042 188 854 44
Featherstone 23 906 386 520 39
Halifax 23 701 384 317 34
Batley 23 650 425 225 32
Barrow 23 599 495 104 31
York 23 555 454 101 30
 
Widnes 23 518 565 -47 22
Bradford 23 477 560 -83 22
Sheffield 23 605 568 37 20
LondonB 23 472 592 -120 15
Newcastle 23 497 709 -212 15
Whitehaven 23 368 800 -432 11
Dewsbury 23 291 848 -557 5
Workington 23 244 951 -707 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 19
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 16 729 136 593 32
Crusaders 17 640 308 332 28
Swinton 17 699 269 430 26
Doncaster 17 600 344 256 26
Rochdale 17 622 423 199 24
Hunslet 17 463 424 39 17
 
Oldham 17 503 461 42 13
LondonS 17 362 639 -277 10
Midlands 17 434 628 -194 8
Cornwall 18 262 750 -488 2
West Wales 18 150 1082 -932 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 23
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 23 572 282 290 38
Wigan 23 660 425 235 32
Huddersfield 23 509 419 90 29
Catalans 23 465 387 78 28
Castleford 23 497 502 -5 24
Leeds 23 503 456 47 23
 
Salford 23 562 528 34 22
Hull KR 23 406 520 -114 20
Hull FC 23 430 573 -143 20
Warrington 23 464 569 -105 16
Wakefield 23 405 590 -185 14
Toulouse 23 373 595 -222 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 21 556 319 237 34
Melbourne 21 630 358 272 30
NQL Cowboys 21 537 329 208 30
Cronulla 21 479 342 137 30
Souths 21 546 412 134 26
Brisbane 21 484 415 69 26
Parramatta 21 491 463 28 26
Sydney 21 521 396 125 24
 
Canberra 21 392 423 -31 22
Manly 21 458 486 -28 18
St.George 21 375 511 -136 18
Canterbury 21 356 497 -141 12
NZ Warriors 21 366 579 -213 12
Newcastle 21 308 560 -252 12
Gold Coast 21 366 562 -196 8
Wests 21 314 527 -213 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
11s
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Away
The Speculat
7
2m
RD 24 Warrington Wolves H
Steves
49
5m
Squad for Leeds
chapylad
19
11m
Beggars belief
orangeman
1
12m
Hodgson
Hessle Roade
518
15m
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
chapylad
11
16m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4019
20m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
chapylad
659
43m
Wigan v Sts discussion
Pie_Eyter
342
45m
Recruitment and retention
Listenup94
37
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
15s
Squad for Leeds
chapylad
19
18s
WIRE YED Prediction Comp Results and Standings
Uncle Rico
41
27s
South based Rhinosan appeal
Bang
2
28s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
29299
30s
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
kaybenbull
8
40s
RD 24 Warrington Wolves H
Steves
49
44s
Hi all - Im still here
PopTart
4
49s
Dons V Keighley Sunday 21st August 2022 3pm
Wilf Grimsha
4
50s
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4019
53s
Social Media
Bartholemew
7
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Beggars belief
orangeman
1
TODAY
Away from the stress of sl
Luppylad
3
TODAY
Hi all - Im still here
PopTart
4
TODAY
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
chapylad
11
TODAY
What is a supporter
orangeman
5
TODAY
South based Rhinosan appeal
Bang
2
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
chapylad
19
TODAY
Matty Russell
Redscat
9
TODAY
Newcastle Home
Hudd-Shay
10
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Away
The Speculat
7
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!