WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Championship cancelled

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Championship cancelled

Re: Championship cancelled Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:01 am  

User avatarFuzzy Duck wrote:
Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

It's time for the rugby league clubs to have a total restructure or else face extinction. For a start they MUST reduce the entrance to a tenner.

There isn't a cat in hells chance of attracting new fans at the current charge and crowds will continue to fall as we all die off.
It's not over til the fat lady sings
Re: Championship cancelled Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:47 pm  

Ohmetoe wrote:
Ohmetoe Stevo's Armpit

Agreed I am one of those just about lost to the game.when we arrived at the shay 97(?) there was a group of 15 of us. Last season i was the last man standing after the Marshall sacking removed 3 more of us.hard to motivate yourself to go on your own .
Re: Championship cancelled Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:33 pm  

Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I'm sure we all know ex fans who have long gone and others who are interested in how fax are doing but won't pay 19 quid to watch.

Totally agree with the club for not entering the autumn cup and I for one appreciate how hard the directors and staff are working and as such will not ask for a season ticket refund. Indeed I will also buy one for next year.

But I don't know how the club can progress without third party financial support. Such a shame for a hotbed of rugby league with a glorious past.
Re: Championship cancelled Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:33 pm  

Ohmetoe wrote:
Ohmetoe Stevo's Armpit

We need a more sustainable business model. The shay just doesn't enable that to happen , it never has and never will no-matter how hard everyone works . BFd at Dewsbury , I could see us at Batley working . Always enjoy watching a game there and their prices are good .
Re: Championship cancelled Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:08 pm  

User avatarFaxlore wrote:
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I won’t travel to Batley every week. The pitch is too small and the whole area is sh%t hole. You have to keep Halifax Rl in Halifax. Bradford moved out for lots of reasons but I cant see them ever returning to Bradford.
Re: Championship cancelled Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:23 pm  

Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I know we will never recreate thrum haĺl but we need one of those rugby league tight stadiums,indeed like dewsbury.

It's a million times better watching a game with the touchline hugging the terraces. Watching the fax play away from the fans towards the north stand is rubbish, I hate that particular half of the match.

The east stand is lovely but the shay as a whole simply isn't a rugby league ground.

Maybe build a new stadium on the outskirts of town with a mortgage from the council, the same kind of arrangement wakey have with their council.
Re: Championship cancelled Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:59 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Ohmetoe wrote:
We need a more sustainable business model. The shay just doesn't enable that to happen , it never has and never will no-matter how hard everyone works . BFd at Dewsbury , I could see us at Batley working . Always enjoy watching a game there and their prices are good .

Me thinks you're taking the p!ss!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Championship cancelled Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:33 pm  

bentleyman wrote:
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Very Succinctly put HS :)
Previous