WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Warrington
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 803
Rep Position: 12th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23428
Location: WIGAN
rubber duckie wrote:
I'd argue Brown too as a pre season was wasted and we'd only just signed Smith.


Aye, I mentioned him a bit further down. Realistically you were 4 down on a first choice 17 and we were minimum 5 and probably 6.

Not like it matters, everyone (bar Saints these past two years) gets runs of injuries are rarely go in with anything less than 4 or 5 players out. It was just a silly headline from the BBC.
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:18 pm
Posted by AS108 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:18 pm
AS108 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 252
Rep Position: 109th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 1024
Boring game which was finished by half time. Wigan played alright, Warrington were dreadful and if Price doesn’t manage to fluke a final they should get rid. Looking like a Saints vs Wigan Grand Final with a Saints win. Wigan and Warrington are both nowhere near.
Re: Warrington
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:50 am
Posted by apollosghost on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:50 am
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 173
Rep Position: 159th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1262
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
AS108 wrote:
Boring game which was finished by half time. Wigan played alright, Warrington were dreadful and if Price doesn’t manage to fluke a final they should get rid. Looking like a Saints vs Wigan Grand Final with a Saints win. Wigan and Warrington are both nowhere near.


Shockingly poor trolling, must try harder :WAVE:
Re: Warrington
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:35 am
Posted by jaws1 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:35 am
jaws1 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 267th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:40 pm
Posts: 678
rubber duckie wrote:
I'd argue Brown too as a pre season was wasted and we'd only just signed Smith.


if youre going down that route then I would throw in Hamlin and Tauti
Re: Warrington
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 883
Rep Position: 8th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 1582
AS108 wrote:
Boring game which was finished by half time. Wigan played alright, Warrington were dreadful and if Price doesn’t manage to fluke a final they should get rid. Looking like a Saints vs Wigan Grand Final with a Saints win. Wigan and Warrington are both nowhere near.

Enjoy the treble.
Re: Warrington
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 pm
Posted by Orrell Lad on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 pm
Orrell Lad User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 75
Rep Position: 245th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 6094
Location: Champions Enclosure
AS108 wrote:
Boring game which was finished by half time. Wigan played alright, Warrington were dreadful and if Price doesn’t manage to fluke a final they should get rid. Looking like a Saints vs Wigan Grand Final with a Saints win. Wigan and Warrington are both nowhere near.


Admit it, you’re bricking it :lol:
22 - 19 - 4

Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions

Swearing harms children
Re: Warrington
Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:37 am
Posted by FearTheVee on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:37 am
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 137
Rep Position: 187th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10788
Location: Much too far South
Orrell Lad wrote:
Admit it, you’re bricking it :lol:


In all honesty, I'm where I've been most of the year - that Wigan have built up some form based on playing poor teams. The two wins against decent sides (Hull and Wire) have been the week after the CC Semi and week before CC Final respectively and haven't overly impressed me.

The pack that people are saying stood up so well against Wire is broadly the same pack that couldn't get out of its own half against Saints recently. I think Clubb in for Bullock - anything else?

I think Wire were very poor and Wigan were OK. I still think the Saints pack will have little trouble against that Wigan pack. Or maybe that should read "should have" given our recent big game bottling.
Re: Warrington
Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:53 am
Posted by Trainman on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:53 am
Trainman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 160th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 pm
Posts: 1175
FearTheVee wrote:
In all honesty, I'm where I've been most of the year - that Wigan have built up some form based on playing poor teams. The two wins against decent sides (Hull and Wire) have been the week after the CC Semi and week before CC Final respectively and haven't overly impressed me.

The pack that people are saying stood up so well against Wire is broadly the same pack that couldn't get out of its own half against Saints recently. I think Clubb in for Bullock - anything else?

I think Wire were very poor and Wigan were OK. I still think the Saints pack will have little trouble against that Wigan pack. Or maybe that should read "should have" given our recent big game bottling.


I think that’s a fair assessment.

I don’t think our pack is a match for St Helens’ though it is improving. Smithies, Partington and Byrne have had a few more games under their belts since the St Helens game. We shouldn’t forget they are squad numbers 24, 34 & 38 though! This shows where they were at the start of the season.

If we make it to the GF, and that’s still a big if imo it will ultimately come down to who plays better and handles the occasion on the day. I’m very happy with how our season has turned around though I think the GF will be one step too far.
Re: Warrington
Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:45 am
Posted by Phuzzy on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:45 am
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 292
Rep Position: 91st / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 3615
Location: Just about to go do some work!
FearTheVee wrote:
In all honesty, I'm where I've been most of the year - that Wigan have built up some form based on playing poor teams. The two wins against decent sides (Hull and Wire) have been the week after the CC Semi and week before CC Final respectively and haven't overly impressed me.

The pack that people are saying stood up so well against Wire is broadly the same pack that couldn't get out of its own half against Saints recently. I think Clubb in for Bullock - anything else?

I think Wire were very poor and Wigan were OK. I still think the Saints pack will have little trouble against that Wigan pack. Or maybe that should read "should have" given our recent big game bottling.

And your pack is broadly the same one that bottled it last year. What does that prove? The fact is we are 9 from 10, playing better by the week and with Flower, O'loughlin and possibly Bullock to add to the pack that is now going well. The young lads have come of age since the Saints match too so I'm not sure it is the 'same' in real terms.

Will it be enough come October? Who knows but there's certainly room for optimism. Will Saints bottle it again come October? Who knows but again there's room for optimism.

One thing I do know and that is if we're lining up against you at Old Trafford you won't be going into that game without worrying we'll do a number on you.
Re: Warrington
Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:25 pm
Posted by FearTheVee on Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:25 pm
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 137
Rep Position: 187th / 77,932

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10788
Location: Much too far South
Phuzzy wrote:
And your pack is broadly the same one that bottled it last year.


Don't know about that - we played most of last year without our best prop Walmsley and had a badly fading Wilkin and plodding Luke Douglas in the pack that lost to wire. The likes of Thompson/Ashworth/Lees/Knowles are another year and another offseason on too. I'd say our pack this year is a long way stronger than the pack we took into the play-offs, but I take your point.

That said, I don't think we lost out due to our weaker pack last year, what cost us was Barba/Richardson being very flimsy in defence late on in a game we were winning.

Phuzzy wrote:
What does that prove? The fact is we are 9 from 10, playing better by the week and with Flower, O'loughlin and possibly Bullock to add to the pack that is now going well. The young lads have come of age since the Saints match too so I'm not sure it is the 'same' in real terms.


Just my opinion - the young lads have been playing well for sure - no question.

Phuzzy wrote:
Will it be enough come October? Who knows but there's certainly room for optimism. Will Saints bottle it again come October? Who knows but again there's room for optimism.

One thing I do know and that is if we're lining up against you at Old Trafford you won't be going into that game without worrying we'll do a number on you.


I said as much by referencing we could well still bottle it - so of course I would be worries in the same way I am worried we might lose to Wire on Saturday. But it is not your form or teamsheet (or that of Warrington) that concerns me, but our potentially flakey mentality.

Like I said though - just my opinion.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigRoy, dany1979, Edinburgh Warrior, exiled Warrior, Father Ted, Jukesays, Levrier, MattyB, moto748, NickyKiss, Redvee69, Rogues Gallery, themightynortherner, Tricky Dicky and 184 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,993,3991,54477,9324,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)