WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Just how bad would relegation be?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Just how bad would relegation be?

Re: Just how bad would relegation be?
Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm
Posted by KevW60349 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm
KevW60349 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 62
Rep Position: 249th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

trin77 wrote:
So by my estimation over a million pounds of talent gone in a heartbeat. All because one man is too stubborn to change what's been staring him in the face all season.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:11 pm
Posted by trin77 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:11 pm
trin77 User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 259th / 77,904

BarnsleyGull wrote:
I don't recall anyone moaning when we were third in the table.

That was April it's now July we're 10th and falling. Don't know if you've checked lately
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS

NEVER FINISHED BOTTOM OF SUPER LEAGUE
NEVER RELEGATED
NEVER INVOLVED IN FAKE MERGERS
Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:26 pm
Posted by PopTart on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:26 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 992
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,904

trin77 wrote:
That was April it's now July we're 10th and falling. Don't know if you've checked lately

I don't really understand your stubbornness point.
You might as well explain it.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:48 pm
Posted by Redscat on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:48 pm
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 240
Rep Position: 105th / 77,904

Without being too much of a pessimist, the end of the season comes ever nearer and there hasn't been any marked improvement in Trinity performances.
Should the dreaded event happen and we go down, what will happen? In my opinion if this happens Mr Carter's contingency plan will be to take his money and go (Who could blame him?). We'll obviously lose the majority of the players in the current squad; a new set of part-time players will have to be recruited; the loss of a major sponsor, finding a new owner ( we found it difficult to draw new investors even when we were on the up); the ground situation will be in total limbo.
It all seems just too horrible to contemplate. Hence in these last few weeks we must have total commitment from the team and supporters.
I know it;s all been said before , but it just helps to get it off your chest :(
Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:52 pm
Posted by Wildmoggy on Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:52 pm
Wildmoggy Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 77
Rep Position: 234th / 77,904

Redscat wrote:
Without being too much of a pessimist, the end of the season comes ever nearer and there hasn't been any marked improvement in Trinity performances.
Should the dreaded event happen and we go down, what will happen? In my opinion if this happens Mr Carter's contingency plan will be to take his money and go (Who could blame him?). We'll obviously lose the majority of the players in the current squad; a new set of part-time players will have to be recruited; the loss of a major sponsor, finding a new owner ( we found it difficult to draw new investors even when we were on the up); the ground situation will be in total limbo.
It all seems just too horrible to contemplate. Hence in these last few weeks we must have total commitment from the team and supporters.
I know it;s all been said before , but it just helps to get it off your chest :(

Well let's hope today has been pivotal in sending London down, I didn't think they'd beat Salford, but I didn't expect them to lose by that score.

A bloke coming out of the ground on Friday said that was one of the worst games he'd ever seen! I knew it wasn't pretty, but having watched it again on Trinitv tv, I have to say that the 2nd half was probably the worst half of rugby I've seen in over 30 years of watching! It has to bee seen to be believed. They were terrible and we were worse, i'm am at a loss at how bad we have become with ball in hand, it was actually comical, then it just becomes tragic...... :lol:
Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:07 pm
Posted by KevW60349 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:07 pm
KevW60349 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 62
Rep Position: 249th / 77,904

Bad bad, bad. Loss of Sky Super League money, championship crowds of around 2000 to 2500 average will not pay the bills. A £3 million pound debt and interest charges to service for Belle Vue ( have we actually signed up for the loan yet, I have not heard anything myself)
All in all, would probably be the end of Trinity.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 pm
Posted by redandy on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 pm
redandy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 289th / 77,904

supercat wrote:
With regards to how bad potentially have a look at list below. This is who I would think we would lose if relegated.

Tom Johnstone
Bill Tupou
Reece Lyme
BJB
Jacob Miller
David Fifita
Kyle Wood
Matty Ashurst
Craig Kopczak
Arona
Batchelor
Jowitt
Jack Croft
Taginoa

Some not on the list are off contract and could be leaving anyway and their could be more that I have not mentioned still under contract that could walk.

It would be a massive task to replace a lot of bodies during off season
not that may of them would getb in A sl squad tbf
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:50 am
Posted by Willzay on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:50 am
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 812
Rep Position: 10th / 77,904

redandy wrote:
not that may of them would getb in A sl squad tbf

rubbish. It’s the coach who won’t bet another SL gig.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:02 am
Posted by MOPSEY LIVES ON on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:02 am
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 89
Rep Position: 223rd / 77,904

Wildmoggy wrote:
Well let's hope today has been pivotal in sending London down, I didn't think they'd beat Salford, but I didn't expect them to lose by that score.

A bloke coming out of the ground on Friday said that was one of the worst games he'd ever seen! I knew it wasn't pretty, but having watched it again on Trinitv tv, I have to say that the 2nd half was probably the worst half of rugby I've seen in over 30 years of watching! It has to bee seen to be believed. They were terrible and we were worse, i'm am at a loss at how bad we have become with ball in hand, it was actually comical, then it just becomes tragic...... :lol:
we had a settled halfback partnership at the end of last season in miller/rocky and we were playing good stuff, they were starting to gel and admittedly the pair's kicking wasn't great but could of been worked on. It wasn't broken and bringing brough in as just made us look like amateurs, Miller is a shadow of himself, and rocky is up blind alleys at times find them space and play to their strengths, it's no coincidence that we finished 5th and we're 2nd highest points scorers last season.
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:17 am
Posted by snowie on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:17 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 727
Rep Position: 15th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 232

MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
we had a settled halfback partnership at the end of last season in miller/rocky and we were playing good stuff, they were starting to gel and admittedly the pair's kicking wasn't great but could of been worked on. It wasn't broken and bringing brough in as just made us look like amateurs, Miller is a shadow of himself, and rocky is up blind alleys at times find them space and play to their strengths, it's no coincidence that we finished 5th and we're 2nd highest points scorers last season.

It's bloody frustrating to see the change but if we reverted back for the last few games it would be like starting all over again. Going to be a costly mistake
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS
PreviousNext