RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NFL sell out Wembley *again* !
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 pm  

User avatarCall Me God wrote:
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
Why is it awful?


TBF, it's not awful, but it is a worry.

Parenting by "screen time" (I am guilty as well) is acceptable in moderation, but interacting with kids is a key part of development.......seth will discover that the principle is easier than the practice and in out ever increasing "busy lifestyles" quiet kids are generally the ones glued to a tablet/phone.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 pm  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 3397
Location: Meltham
More the wisdom of 15 years working with children.
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 pm  
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 1087
Call Me God wrote:
TBF, it's not awful, but it is a worry.

Parenting by "screen time" (I am guilty as well) is acceptable in moderation, but interacting with kids is a key part of development.......seth will discover that the principle is easier than the practice and in out ever increasing "busy lifestyles" quiet kids are generally the ones glued to a tablet/phone.


Last year, my daughter had a presentation at her school for being in the top 1% in the country for SAT results. My daughter would also sit with her head buried in my phone watching YouTube videos of the dobre brothers, or some high pitched kid playing fortnite everytime we went out. Its. O different to when we were kids and were told to be quiet and colour in
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 pm  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 3397
Location: Meltham
It’s awful because children’s social and emotional competencies are rapidly degrading largely due to overuse of technology which has a detrimental effect on their mental and physical wellbeing. Do some research or like I do spend your every working day around children, their parents and teachers and you’ll see the nagaitive behavioural changes it’s having. If you’re needing to ask why it’s bad children sitting at a dining table on a tablet then we’re clearly on a very different page.

Assessing child development and wellbeing goes far deeper than their academic attainment.
Last edited by Seth on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:47 pm  

User avatarCall Me God wrote:
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
Seth wrote:
More the wisdom of 15 years working with children.

Buddy. I don't disagree, but when you've finished a hard 50 hour week and you're catching up with mates down the pub, giving the little fella the mobile is easier than being pestered.....not saying it's right, but 50 years ago I was sat in the car in the pub car park with a bag of crisps and a bottle of coke.......at least my lad is watching david attenborough,,,,,,, 8)

That said, you've pricked my conscience, so this weekend he's not getting screen time util the training wheels are off his bike! :thumb:
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:49 pm  
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 1087
Seth wrote:
More the wisdom of 15 years working with children.


So after 15 years working with children you have come to that conclusion that children shouldn’t be allowed to watch smartphones in public or that toddlers pretend mobile phones which are proven to encourage confidence and communication should be thrown in the bin?
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:00 pm  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 3397
Location: Meltham
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
So after 15 years working with children you have come to that conclusion that children shouldn’t be allowed to watch smartphones in public or that toddlers pretend mobile phones which are proven to encourage confidence and communication should be thrown in the bin?

So easy to dismiss the point being made in the way that you have without a wider context. Then that’s probably my fault for engaging in such a topic over social media with a stranger. Children sitting on smartphones and tablets instead of interacting and even learning to be bored occasionally does have a great impact on wellbeing, there’s enough research out there this isn’t just an opinion that I alone hold. As for my 6 month old, there are so many ‘organic’ experiences that she engages in that are delveloping her social skills and sensory needs before she even needs a piece of brightly coloured plastic (not to say we don’t have toys) I just don’t want to normalise playing on phones as a healthy pastime, again the evidence base is not hard to find.
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 pm  

User avatarCall Me God wrote:
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
:idea:
Seth wrote:
So easy to dismiss the point being made in the way that you have without a wider context. Then that’s probably my fault for engaging in such a topic over social media with a stranger. Children sitting on smartphones and tablets instead of interacting and even learning to be bored occasionally does have a great impact on wellbeing, there’s enough research out there this isn’t just an opinion that I alone hold. As for my 6 month old, there are so many ‘organic’ experiences that she engages in that are delveloping her social skills and sensory needs before she even needs a piece of brightly coloured plastic (not to say we don’t have toys) I just don’t want to normalise playing on phones as a healthy pastime, again the evidence base is not hard to find.

This^^^^^^^
And without vanishing down another rabbit hole, the access to "Frankie Vaughan" that kids have now is so distorting their expectations of what is right and wrong in terms of expressing their feelings.
Terrifying what young men are thinking now......
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: NFL sell out Wembley *again* ! Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:33 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 2878
Call Me God wrote:
Buddy. I don't disagree, but when you've finished a hard 50 hour week and you're catching up with mates down the pub, giving the little fella the mobile is easier than being pestered.....not saying it's right, but 50 years ago I was sat in the car in the pub car park with a bag of crisps and a bottle of coke.......at least my lad is watching david attenborough,,,,,,, 8)

That said, you've pricked my conscience, so this weekend he's not getting screen time util the training wheels are off his bike! :thumb:

Remember them days well, but back then I could only dream of sitting in a car!
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DannyT and 132 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,188,7731,15478,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TODAY 09:00
NRL
Canberra
v
St.George
TODAY 11:05
NRL
Parramatta
v
Souths
TODAY 19:45
SL
Leeds
v
Castleford
TODAY 19:45
SL
Wigan
v
Salford
TOMORROW 06:00
NRL
NZ Warriors
v
Cronulla
TOMORROW 08:30
NRL
Sydney
v
Penrith
TOMORROW 10:35
NRL
Manly
v
Melbourne
TOMORROW 14:30
SL
St.Helens
v
Catalans
TOMORROW 15:00
 L1
West Wales
v
Doncaster
TOMORROW 15:30
 L1
LondonS
v
Rochdale
Sun 8th Aug 05:00
NRL
Canterbury
v
Wests
Sun 8th Aug 07:05
NRL
Gold Coast
v
NQL Cowboys
Sun 8th Aug 15:00
SL
Warrington
v
Hull FC
Sun 8th Aug 15:00
SL
Huddersfield
v
Wakefield
Sun 8th Aug 15:00
 CH
Batley
v
Featherstone
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Thu 5th Aug
NRL
LIVE
Newcastle28-20Brisbane
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 24 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 17 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X