WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - LOAN OUT 2018 & 2019 | Jordan Lilley - Bradford Bulls

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com LOAN OUT 2018 & 2019 | Jordan Lilley - Bradford Bulls

Posted by batleyrhino on Wed May 15, 2019 9:56 am
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 192
Rep Position: 82nd / 77,598

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:32 pm
Posts: 6916
Location: anywhere, literally...
Gotcha wrote:
This is because the whole club can not tell the difference between a "leader" and someone with experience. We have heard this a lot since 2015. There is an obsession with players who have done it before, rather than what a "leader" really does.


I agree this is the situation, but what makes it harder to understand is that Sinfield himself was only young when he took over as Captain.
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
Posted by christopher on Wed May 15, 2019 11:09 am
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 230
Rep Position: 66th / 77,598

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 7643
Location: Sydney NSW
batleyrhino wrote:
I agree this is the situation, but what makes it harder to understand is that Sinfield himself was only young when he took over as Captain.



I always thought Ward would be the perfect Captain after McGuire (or even before) but I think with his struggle with a few personal issues and injuries it would have been too much for him, pretty much like it has for Kallum!


IMO Whether official captain r not I'd like to see Merrin stand up and be counted on that front
Posted by Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino on Wed May 15, 2019 11:25 am
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 109th / 77,598

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:23 pm
Posts: 8313
Location: NOT in "Crying Corner" on the SWMC Coach
christopher wrote:
I always thought Ward would be the perfect Captain after McGuire (or even before) but I think with his struggle with a few personal issues and injuries it would have been too much for him, pretty much like it has for Kallum!


IMO Whether official captain r not I'd like to see Merrin stand up and be counted on that front


Well, youre in luck, in the weekly powder puff <replace player name here> chat with the YEP, he was saying that he likes to lead through his actions, but was looking to improve his on field role.

I'm with you, we bought him to be a voice and a leader, whether hes just been a bit hands off and not wanting to rock the boat vocal wise I don't know, but its time to get stuck in for me.
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.


IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.
Posted by Seth on Wed May 15, 2019 11:33 am
Seth Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 131
Rep Position: 116th / 77,598

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 2230
Location: Meltham
I think Agar had a chance to come in and take that role from Watkins for now and command that leadership from merrin as captain
Posted by christopher on Wed May 15, 2019 1:10 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 230
Rep Position: 66th / 77,598

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 7643
Location: Sydney NSW
Seth wrote:
I think Agar had a chance to come in and take that role from Watkins for now and command that leadership from merrin as captain


It doesn’t even have to be official just let him and Watkins know what is expected of them, Merrin is one of our biggest sognings since Peacock and he needs to now step up
Posted by Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! on Fri May 17, 2019 6:39 pm
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 210
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,598

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 934
christopher wrote:
It doesn’t even have to be official just let him and Watkins know what is expected of them, Merrin is one of our biggest sognings since Peacock and he needs to now step up


It took JP a year at Leeds to become a leader in the squad. Leaders at Leeds grow into the role they don't just turn up.
Posted by Bulls4Champs on Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm
Bulls4Champs Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 124
Rep Position: 122nd / 77,598

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 5040
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
It took JP a year at Leeds to become a leader in the squad. Leaders at Leeds grow into the role they don't just turn up.


Per lease.

Peacock was the GB Captain as well as Captain of the reining SL champs when and just before he turned up to Leeds. You don't just stop being a leader because you've joined a new environment. Leadership ability is a personal trait that you either have or haven't got. JP has it by the bucket load.
Posted by Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! on Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 pm
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 210
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,598

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 934
Bulls4Champs wrote:
Per lease.

Peacock was the GB Captain as well as Captain of the reining SL champs when and just before he turned up to Leeds. You don't just stop being a leader because you've joined a new environment. Leadership ability is a personal trait that you either have or haven't got. JP has it by the bucket load.


JP was one of the greatest leaders Leeds have ever had but by his own admission it took him a year to feel he belonged at Leeds. His 1st year at Leeds wasnt great.

He most certainly wasnt the leader you think he was from day one.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJC, Barley Mow, Barrett was robbed, Big Jim Slade, Blocker75, CalverleyRhino, christopher, Ed3, flipper, Joshheff90, leedsbarmyarmy, Maverick Rhino, mwindass, Pill rhino, shadrack, tad rhino, taxi4stevesmith and 359 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,893,6691,74277,5984,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 23rd May 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
PENRITH
Fri 24th May 09:00
NRL
MANLY
v
GOLD COAST
Fri 24th May 10:55
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Fri 24th May 19:45
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sat 25th May 06:00
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NQL COWBOYS
Sat 25th May 08:30
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
v
BRISBANE
Sat 25th May 10:35
NRL
SOUTHS
v
WESTS TIGERS
Sat 25th May 14:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 25th May 14:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
LEIGH
Sat 25th May 15:00
 CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
LONDON SKOLARS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)