WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Toronto Wolfpack defies logic

Board index Super League Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk Toronto Wolfpack defies logic

Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 am
Posted by fartown since 1961 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 am
fartown since 1961 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 199th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:27 pm
Posts: 1180
Canoeman wrote:
I understand that...but the figure is correct as pointed out on another thread by Pandamonium...I will explain a couple of things about Toronto and crowd size you have to understand, I've said them before and and was banned from the Terrace for trying to derail the thread; how is telling the truth derailing a thread?;bizarre, for some reason, unknown to me, some simply refuse to believe them. Out or courtesy I will repeat:
1. The cameras mainly show East Stand which is never as full as West Stand (season ticket holders here)
2. In Britain I guess people show up before the game actually starts and get their place. Understand that this never happens in Toronto for any sport EVER! Even playoffs in hockey and baseball.
People drift in and you really can't get an accurate figure until 20-30 minutes into the game...it is the sporting culture over here...aleways has been like that.
3. A large number of people never take a seat but wander around the area...its a social thing. This is aleways a very large number, not just a few.
4. I have been to every home game for 2 years and the attendance figures are always accurate, thats the truth of it.
5. The stadium is leased from the City of Toronto and they are in charge of the gate number. All tickets are electronically scanned by the City employee, not the Club, and they then supply the number of tickets through the gate. This number is beyond reproach since it is subject to forensic accounting for the City of Toronto...it is a municipal controlled structure....the Club is not involved in any way....there would be severe legal ramifications and the lease would be cancelled for the grounds PERIOD (.)

Those are the facts.


650 season ticket holders, 50%+ of all match day tickets are complimentary, a Canadian team owned by an Australian mining mogul and like nearly all RL teams making a loss but for your benefactor. Can’t play at home in February or March ?

Aiming for the riches of Superleague to get financially stable, all these facts and goals are self stated but totally reliant on being an exception in the league like this years fixture farce.

Seriously the RL think this is progress and where the big bucks are coming from to save and grow the sport ?

Looks like another expansion club built on quicksand and we risk losing Leigh for this.... INCREDIBLE
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 pm
Posted by Canoeman on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 pm
Canoeman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 210th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Posts: 441
Location: Deep Dark Boreal Forest
fartown since 1961 wrote:
650 season ticket holders, 50%+ of all match day tickets are complimentary, a Canadian team owned by an Australian mining mogul and like nearly all RL teams making a loss but for your benefactor. Can’t play at home in February or March ?

Aiming for the riches of Superleague to get financially stable, all these facts and goals are self stated but totally reliant on being an exception in the league like this years fixture farce.

Seriously the RL think this is progress and where the big bucks are coming from to save and grow the sport ?

Looks like another expansion club built on quicksand and we risk losing Leigh for this.... INCREDIBLE


Your figures are factually incorrect...your facts are totally incorrect...your conclusions logically unwarranted or backed up by any form of reality whatsoever ...your bias overly evident.
Sad.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 pm
Posted by jools on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 41st / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9003
Not as sad as the Toronto club complaining you have to travel to compete in the middle 8s.
What were they expecting would happen???
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:11 pm
Posted by Canoeman on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:11 pm
Canoeman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 210th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Posts: 441
Location: Deep Dark Boreal Forest
jools wrote:
Not as sad as the Toronto club complaining you have to travel to compete in the middle 8s.
What were they expecting would happen???

Toronto travels far more than any other club...they are not upset about traveling, they just thought the scheduling could have been better...so the cookie crumbles, no big deal.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:42 pm
Posted by jools on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:42 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 41st / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9003
The RFL shouldn’t have to pander to Toronto, or any other one specific club with scheduling. There are other considerations such as availability of stadia which have been known by the RFL for some time. Its clearly a deal or they wouldn’t have mentioned it.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 am
Posted by Canoeman on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 am
Canoeman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 210th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Posts: 441
Location: Deep Dark Boreal Forest
jools wrote:
The RFL shouldn’t have to pander to Toronto, or any other one specific club with scheduling. There are other considerations such as availability of stadia which have been known by the RFL for some time. Its clearly a deal or they wouldn’t have mentioned it.

No one is asking anyone to pander to someone. A little consideration would have been nice after all that Toronto has done for everyone, but it is what it is what it is....very minor issue; you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm
Posted by Jo Jumbuck on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 199th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 1409
Canoeman wrote:
No one is asking anyone to pander to someone. A little consideration would have been nice after all that Toronto has done for everyone, but it is what it is what it is....very minor issue; you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.


What are you referring too when you say "all that Toronto has done for everyone " Canoeman
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:21 pm
Posted by fartown since 1961 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:21 pm
fartown since 1961 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 199th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:27 pm
Posts: 1180
Well one down six/seven to go and we get a trip to Canada next year.

Nobles rant about a level playing field for Toronto is a bit rich saying that making them travel weekly is unfair. Seems that they are a ‘house of sand’ be interesting to see if Hull KR get both outstanding Visa’s.

If a player who’s English can play in England or France but not in Canada it’s time to call this stupid experiment off.

And don’t say every SL and Championship team should have signed players and checked they could get a Canadian Visa because in an English game that’s rubbish.

Time the RL made a decision and if it’s a Canadian team playing at an English ground until the winters over this stupidity should end there cos if that’s the future I’m a Dutchman.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:43 pm
Posted by jools on Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:43 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 41st / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9003
They haven’t defied logic this week. Lost narrowly, but at home, to KR.
Shame.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Toronto Wolfpack defies logic
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:50 pm
Posted by fartown since 1961 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:50 pm
fartown since 1961 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 199th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:27 pm
Posts: 1180
jools wrote:
They haven’t defied logic this week. Lost narrowly, but at home, to KR.
Shame.


Hull KR deserved to win the multi lined ‘field’ was awful and the Canada and UK anthems a joke it’s a club game.

Where this would improve the game is beyond me....

However Canoemans Wolfpack have bestowed blessings on Hull KR two points :D :D :D
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DayNearerDying, GiantMisterE, Hangerman2, Jo Jumbuck and 55 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,896,0211,92077,6144,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CANTERBURY
6-28
MELBOURNE STORM
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
ST.GEORGE
9-22
CRONULLA
 Full Time  
SLXXIV
SALFORD
20-22
HULL KR
 Full Time  
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
54-10
ROCHDALE
 Full Time  
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
24-16
HALIFAX
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
42-4
BRADFORD BULLS
UPDATE! Latest
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
22-17
DEWSBURY RAMS
UPDATE! Latest
 Full Time  
 CH
WIDNES VIKINGS
12-16
YORK
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 15:00
 CH1
COVENTRY BEARS
18-28
CRUSADERS
UPDATE! Latest
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 15:00
 CH1
DONCASTER
50-0
WEST WALES
Latest
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 15:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
18-26
HUNSLET
Latest
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 15:30
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
14-10
LONDON BRONCOS
Abdull Try
LIVE ON SKY SPORTS
TODAY 18:00
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)