WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SL1 + SL2
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 am
Posted by Wexford Trinity on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 am
Wexford Trinity Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 14
Rep Position: 284th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:22 am
Posts: 32
Call Me God wrote:
Nobody said "force them to merge".....you can bring a horse to water but you can't make it drink....so just let the thing die of thirst. An invitation from Castleford would be akin to "trin" wining the lottery.....but if you don't want to fine.......carry on with crowds that London Broncos used to be lambasted for......because you're important to SL.....without you they will perish :CRAZY: :lol: :CRAZY:


Like Cas and many other unfashionable clubs we have some very desdicated fans and a history that is too important to just throw away and I’d include London in that.

I suppose what superleague needs is another made up side that’ll go bust in a few years when the rich owner gets bored. Or another gimmick league structure we can stick with for all of five minutes.

I’m guessing with Toronto Wolfpack in superleague we can look forward to investment From walmart, Exxon Mobil or Apple when we break that North American market?

What’s the bets that in five years time Toronto are a long and distant memory (or a league one side living hand to mouth staffed by dedicated rugby league fans), the league will be decided by a lottery, Dacia will have been replaced by farm foods and it’ll still be Wakefield’s fault.
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 am
Posted by Lebron James on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 am
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 204
Rep Position: 124th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1946
Wexford Trinity wrote:
Like Cas and many other unfashionable clubs we have some very desdicated fans and a history that is too important to just throw away and I’d include London in that.

I suppose what superleague needs is another made up side that’ll go bust in a few years when the rich owner gets bored. Or another gimmick league structure we can stick with for all of five minutes.

I’m guessing with Toronto Wolfpack in superleague we can look forward to investment From walmart, Exxon Mobil or Apple when we break that North American market?

What’s the bets that in five years time Toronto are a long and distant memory (or a league one side living hand to mouth staffed by dedicated rugby league fans), the league will be decided by a lottery, Dacia will have been replaced by farm foods and it’ll still be Wakefield’s fault.


Wakefield troll in rant about sponsorship from non fashionable names. Probably posted from inside the MOBILE ROCKET stadium

Regards

King james
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:46 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:46 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1103
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12029
bramleyrhino wrote:
Yes, Wakefield under Carter are a shining example of growth and progress, as you can see from the huge crowds flocking to see them, the fact that they can sell their stadium sponsorship without having to resort to raffle tickets, and their ability to spend full cap.

If Carter is the best there is, it's a sad indictment of the standards in this sport.


Spoken with all the arrogance expected from a typical Rhino's supporter.

As with all things in life, it depends where you start from and when Carter took over, Trinity were a total basket case and on the brink of oblivion, selling a different player every week, just to make it to the end of the season.

If you measure from the starting point, factor in a very short time scale and measure where Trinity are now and then tell me which other SL Chairman has achieved what Carter has and with very little resource then, Carter may well be the best SL Chairman that there is and but for the intransigence of our local council in scuppering progress towards a new stadium, Trinity could progress much further

Anyone (apart from Koucash) can run a successful club with an endless supply of cash but, try doing it with next to nothing.

Wind your neck in, get of your fecking high horse and recognise the job that he has actually done.
:SUBMISSION:
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 pm
Posted by Uncle Rico on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 pm
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 388
Rep Position: 56th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 4212
Location: Stuck in 1982
Lebron James wrote:
Wakefield troll in rant about sponsorship from non fashionable names. Probably posted from inside the MOBILE ROCKET stadium

Regards

King james


Mobile Rocket I like it, TOTALLY WICKED!!
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 pm
Posted by tad rhino on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 pm
tad rhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 406
Rep Position: 52nd / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:46 pm
Posts: 21452
Location: in bed between halle berry and jennifer aniston
this week's backchat is worth a watch. despite protestations it's about money. leneghan and co want more and stuff the rest
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:37 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:37 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 940
Rep Position: 5th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
wrencat1873 wrote:
Anyone (apart from Koucash) can run a successful club with an endless supply of cash but, try doing it with next to nothing.

1. No they can't....ask any London Broncos supporter what £22,000,000+ of investment from Hughes bought us.
2. Wakefield are not a successful club unless you define success as surviving as a mid table entity with the 2nd lowest crowd average in the comp......and if you do you need to redefine success.

This isn't a Wakey bashig thread, but the reality is that if we got the SL 1&2 that is the topic, Wakey would be one of maybe 5 candidates for regular yo-yoing between the 2.......they aren't alone in holding the game back, but they are still a guilty party.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:50 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:50 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1103
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12029
Call Me God wrote:
1. No they can't....ask any London Broncos supporter what £22,000,000+ of investment from Hughes bought us.
2. Wakefield are not a successful club unless you define success as surviving as a mid table entity with the 2nd lowest crowd average in the comp......and if you do you need to redefine success.

This isn't a Wakey bashig thread, but the reality is that if we got the SL 1&2 that is the topic, Wakey would be one of maybe 5 candidates for regular yo-yoing between the 2.......they aren't alone in holding the game back, but they are still a guilty party.


On what basis would they be regularly yo-yoing ?

After many years finishing among the bottom few clubs, they appear to have established themselves as a top 8 club (see previous post regarding Mr Carter).
Even the "experts" have stopped tipping them for the wooden spoon, although some just cant help themselves :shock:
5th last season, probably 6th this season, its a long way from being a yo-yo club. :SUBMISSION:

Back on topic

SL 1 & SL 2 is an utter sham.
Although there mat be some tinkering with the format and with some small funding changes, the main reason for certain clubs pushing the idea (those with red & white jerseys), it's just a re brand and an excuse to divide the main part of the funding cake into 10, instead of 12.

Mind you, expect another change, to make "every second count" and we can have yet another change to the format in 2022.

It still seems bleeding obvious that Toronto & Toulouse should be included in SL so that we can see whether there is any merit in further overseas expansion and seek an increase in our TV funding on the back of it.
If SKy aren't interested, they why should "we" continue with the global expansion project.
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 940
Rep Position: 5th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
wrencat1873 wrote:
On what basis would they be regularly yo-yoing ?

After many years finishing among the bottom few clubs, they appear to have established themselves as a top 8 club (see previous post regarding Mr Carter).
Even the "experts" have stopped tipping them for the wooden spoon, although some just cant help themselves :shock:
5th last season, probably 6th this season, its a long way from being a yo-yo club. :SUBMISSION:

12th, 9th, 5th and this year currently 6th......if you stay 6th then your average over 4 years is 8th....you pedigree over your SL history is 9.5......with a couple of other "false dawns"...and play-off appearances.....6 years ago you had DOUBLE the number of fans, but it would seem the dizzying heights of 6th aren't the draw you believe because you've zero chance of silverware....and that will continue until your financial god of a chairman spends more money on decent players instead of spending money on survival....and sport is about winning.....Any news on the gate for the re-arranged widnes game?...was it better than your 4,014 average this year......
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:18 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:18 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1103
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12029
Call Me God wrote:
12th, 9th, 5th and this year currently 6th......if you stay 6th then your average over 4 years is 8th....you pedigree over your SL history is 9.5......with a couple of other "false dawns"...and play-off appearances.....6 years ago you had DOUBLE the number of fans, but it would seem the dizzying heights of 6th aren't the draw you believe because you've zero chance of silverware....and that will continue until your financial god of a chairman spends more money on decent players instead of spending money on survival....and sport is about winning.....Any news on the gate for the re-arranged widnes game?...was it better than your 4,014 average this year......


12th, 8th, 5th and currently 6th, only slightly different to your miss quote but, lets have it right. Again, from deaths door, only 5 years ago, most would say excellent progress ??
Double the number of fans ??, again, another miss quote.
Yes, there were more under the Glover regime however, this was during a period of cheap season tickets, giveaways and some dramatic overstating of crowds and whether the numbers published are correct, perhaps we shall never know. However, our chairman certainly believes that revenues from those attending now is actually higher now, than it was back then.
As for signing poor quality players ??
Take another look at the table and realise that Trinity are currently 6th, with the lowest playing budget in the comp.
Our chairman may not be blowing the budget on superstars but, he and Chester have assembled a pretty competitive squad and perhaps you can let Mr Carter know just where the cash comes from to fund a "better" squad.
It appears to be getting slightly better year on year, which, many would say, is exactly what any club should be striving for. :IDEA:
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:29 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:29 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 940
Rep Position: 5th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2921
wrencat1873 wrote:
12th, 8th, 5th and currently 6th, only slightly different to your miss quote but, lets have it right. Again, from deaths door, only 5 years ago, most would say excellent progress ??
Double the number of fans ??, again, another miss quote.
Yes, there were more under the Glover regime however, this was during a period of cheap season tickets, giveaways and some dramatic overstating of crowds and whether the numbers published are correct, perhaps we shall never know. However, our chairman certainly believes that revenues from those attending now is actually higher now, than it was back then.
As for signing poor quality players ??
Take another look at the table and realise that Trinity are currently 6th, with the lowest playing budget in the comp.
Our chairman may not be blowing the budget on superstars but, he and Chester have assembled a pretty competitive squad and perhaps you can let Mr Carter know just where the cash comes from to fund a "better" squad.
It appears to be getting slightly better year on year, which, many would say, is exactly what any club should be striving for. :IDEA:

So.....the bits in BOLD are the pertinent ones here.
The declared finishing positions were one out...sorry about that. The double the fans one though isn't......the official and declared attendance average in 2012 was 8,172. Without access to yesterdays figure, your current season average is 4,014, which is less than half of the 2012 figure. The fact that you pulled me up on one position over 4 years but are happy to then decry official attendances is rather odd.....as for getting better, it would seem that 5th last year hasn't attracted any new fans, but instead delivered a drop of some 31%......but according to you that's OK.....because the missing 1,000+ were cheapskates anyway :CRAZY:
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Budgiezilla, moxi1 and 144 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,957,8521,27077,8244,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 26th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 27th Sep 10:50
NRL
CANBERRA
v
SOUTHS
Fri 27th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 28th Sep 10:50
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
MELBOURNE STORM
Sun 29th Sep
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 29th Sep 15:00
WSL
LEEDSW
v
WIGANW
Sun 29th Sep 15:00
WSL
BRADFORDW
v
YORKW
Sun 29th Sep 15:00
WSL
ST.HELENSW
v
CASTLEFORDW
Sun 29th Sep 15:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
WAKEFIELDW
Sat 26th Oct 08:00
GB
TONGA
v
WAKEFIELDW
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)