WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - KR @ Magic
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Fri May 25, 2018 6:22 am
Posted by Mrs Barista on Fri May 25, 2018 6:22 am
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 486
Rep Position: 40th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 27252
Location: West Yorkshire
Chris71 wrote:
Its interesting to note that Hull FC are currently the 3rd best in the league and only behind the top two (St's & Pie's) in pts for.

That can't be right when our only attacking option is a Sneyd kick to Talanoa. :lol:
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Fri May 25, 2018 6:53 am
Posted by Jake the Peg on Fri May 25, 2018 6:53 am
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 600
Rep Position: 19th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28699
Mrs Barista wrote:
That can't be right when our only attacking option is a Sneyd kick to Talanoa. :lol:


We do score a lot of tries from kicks but it's our defence that's the problem, not the attack (at least when we have a fit squad). saints and wigan are miles ahead of us defensively and I reckon they'll be the ones fighting it out at season's end
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Fri May 25, 2018 7:42 am
Posted by Mrs Barista on Fri May 25, 2018 7:42 am
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 486
Rep Position: 40th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 27252
Location: West Yorkshire
Jake the Peg wrote:
We do score a lot of tries from kicks but it's our defence that's the problem, not the attack (at least when we have a fit squad). saints and wigan are miles ahead of us defensively and I reckon they'll be the ones fighting it out at season's end

Makes sense. Bigger clubs with far fewer injuries generally prevail.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am
Posted by spegs on Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am
spegs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 279th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 1484
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
I have no problem around using x method/way of thinking to bring about the end goal, always more than one way to skin a cat. In so far as the 'power' game we predominantly play we've done well and Radford has built up a side to fit that 'philosophy.
However this comes undone when teams get injuries, particularly in the forwards in which you rely on so much and to set the tone, it also narrows your threat because you're so reliant on that mode of play. This has been highlighted by many and the fact, yes fact our red zone attack is too often just clueless rubbish.
Additionally you ignore my particular criticisms, repeating same mistakes/errors/discipline, again most on here say all that every match thread, that's the coaches inability to coach that out for whatever reason.

My other criticism was regarding the youth, I've pointed out and explained fully what I believe are his failings on that as I have everything else. I give plenty of praise but you like others don't want to acknowledge I've said good stuff about Radford.
Time and again people on here say Radford needs an attack coach, time and again posters say he need to address mistakes/errors/discipline, but he doesn't, he won't acknowledge his weaknesses and that's holding us back.
As for the losing two semis, if Radford hadn't punched Bailey we could have been in the GF, if Shaul outpaces Charnley in'13 we'd likely have won the CC wíth a team half full of rookies, we got massively gortunate with injurues in '16, if we hadn't we would't likely have won the CC. It's all ifs and buts,

ATEOTD I want more, everyone said we need to 'kick on' from 2016, we haven't, many say we've gone backwards, Radford in my honest opinion will not take us forward as things stand. Either a change here and there and better understanding of the issues holding us back that he can control or he gets help to do that, currently it's neither.


Zzzzz
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Fri May 25, 2018 9:09 am
Posted by Chris71 on Fri May 25, 2018 9:09 am
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 191
Rep Position: 134th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 304

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 4690
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Jake the Peg wrote:
We do score a lot of tries from kicks but it's our defence that's the problem, not the attack (at least when we have a fit squad). saints and wigan are miles ahead of us defensively and I reckon they'll be the ones fighting it out at season's end


Our defence has certainly been poorer this season, our scramble and goal line defence still seems ok and about the same as last year. Think we are definitely softer on the edges (how many times have the wingers jumped out/come in for no reason?) but we also have been allowing teams easy metres as we tend wait once the opposition has ptb instead of moving up as soon as they play it.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 pm
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 pm
knockersbumpMKII

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 257th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

WIZEB wrote:
Poor old p.collinson.
The only poster on here that made the Lord Mayor of Letchworth sound bright. :lol:

I told you already, we don't have a mayor of Letchworth Garden City.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Mon May 28, 2018 4:43 pm
Posted by WIZEB on Mon May 28, 2018 4:43 pm
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 386
Rep Position: 58th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10964
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
I told you already, we don't have a mayor of Letchworth Garden City.


Well they are crazy.
You'd be the best.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Mon May 28, 2018 4:45 pm
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Mon May 28, 2018 4:45 pm
knockersbumpMKII

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 257th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

WIZEB wrote:
Well they are crazy.
You'd be the best.

No, because it's the ethos of why we don't have one that is important, you simply don't grasp that.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Mon May 28, 2018 4:46 pm
Posted by WIZEB on Mon May 28, 2018 4:46 pm
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 386
Rep Position: 58th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10964
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
No, because it's the ethos of why we don't have one that is important, you simply don't grasp that.


Can I grasp you?
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Mon May 28, 2018 5:13 pm
Posted by Hessle Roader on Mon May 28, 2018 5:13 pm
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 131
Rep Position: 185th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 320

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 am
Posts: 4505
Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
WIZEB wrote:
Can I grasp you?



I bet you say that to all the girls!!
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,983,91479277,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)