WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Strongest 17

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Strongest 17

Re: Strongest 17 Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:21 pm  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 435
Waneys record stacks up against most. And as for the world club champions, i think the title itself explains the importance of it???
Re: Strongest 17 Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:07 pm  

Mark Laurie wrote:
Mark Laurie Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:21 pm
Posts: 1150
Are you expecting Tomkins to move into the halves with Williams this season? Could joe Burgess play as a flying full back given how many wingers you have? None of my business really as a Leeds fan but think it could give Tomkins a new lease of life and let him get more ball and play more off the cuff. Him and Burgess seem to really read each other already.
Re: Strongest 17 Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 am  
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
Mark Laurie wrote:
Are you expecting Tomkins to move into the halves with Williams this season? Could joe Burgess play as a flying full back given how many wingers you have? None of my business really as a Leeds fan but think it could give Tomkins a new lease of life and let him get more ball and play more off the cuff. Him and Burgess seem to really read each other already.


One possible option is

1 Escare
6 Williams
7 Tomkins

I think, personally, this is most likely.

Other options could be

1 Tomkins
6 Williams
7 Escare

or even

1 Tomkins
6 Powell
7 Williams

Not heard much talk of Burgess to FB, I'd expect him to be a starting winger.
Re: Strongest 17 Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 am  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6581
Fairly sure we’ll start the season with the third one with Powell and Williams in the halves, Leuluai at 9 and Escare on the bench.
Re: Strongest 17 Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am  
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 am
Posts: 218
Wigg'n wrote:
Fairly sure we’ll start the season with the third one with Powell and Williams in the halves, Leuluai at 9 and Escare on the bench.


Think we might see this at some point during the season, but I suspect if Wane saw Powell as our starting 7, then he probably wouldn't have let McIllorum go and leave Tommy with so much responsibility.
Re: Strongest 17 Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6581
Cherry_&_White wrote:
Think we might see this at some point during the season, but I suspect if Wane saw Powell as our starting 7, then he probably wouldn't have let McIllorum go and leave Tommy with so much responsibility.


Do you not think that’s because of our salary cap issues and we have Ganson who’ll probably be our #9 either next year or the year after?
Re: Strongest 17 Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm  
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 am
Posts: 218
Wigg'n wrote:
Do you not think that’s because of our salary cap issues and we have Ganson who’ll probably be our #9 either next year or the year after?


Possibly, I think Ganson was probably in his thinking, but moving Powell to 7 in effect takes out 1st & 2nd choice hookers from last year. You could be right, but with what's coming out of the camp, I'd think that we'll at least begin with Morgan/Sam in the halves. Hope so anyway.
Re: Strongest 17 Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:03 pm  
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 am
Posts: 218
Cherry_&_White wrote:
Possibly, I think Ganson was probably in his thinking, but moving Powell to 7 in effect takes out 1st & 2nd choice hookers from last year. You could be right, but with what's coming out of the camp, I'd think that we'll at least begin with Morgan/Sam in the halves. Hope so anyway.


https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/sta ... 4932801537

Right on cue! Sam Powell gets the 7 jersey, looks like you're right.
Re: Strongest 17 Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 pm  

User avatarAshton Bears wrote:
Ashton Bears User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 1221
Location: Around the three Sisters
Cherry_&_White wrote:
https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/status/953295794932801537

Right on cue! Sam Powell gets the 7 jersey, looks like you're right.


Only other change I would have done is given Bateman number 11.
Re: Strongest 17 Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5973
1 Escare
2 Burgess
3 Gildart
4 Sarginson
5 Davies
6 S Tomkins
7 Williams
8 Clubb
9 Leuluai
10 Flower
11 Bateman
12 Farrell
13 O’Loughlin

14 Hamlin
15 Powell
16 FPN
17 Sutton

I would like to see Navarette kick on and also a few more of the youngsters (Wells, Bretherton, Shorrocks and Field) because FPN needs drastic improvement from last season as does our pack in general.

I like the look of that back line to be honest, I think it’s got good potential, especially when Manfredi is yet to return and compete for his place back.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArcticGorilla, ChrisA, CM Punk, CobraCraig, Cruncher, Egg Chasing, Grimmy, jackdog, Levrier, MadDogg, MR FRISK, post, sergeant pepper and 208 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,056,3741,47178,1614,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts