FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Any thoughts?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 25 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 16 18:072nd Sep 16 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.

Re: Any thoughts? : Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 pm  
Living The Dream wrote:
Just to re emphasise what my post was about was to see if we could help the current BOD, who I am 100% behind and totally agree are supporters as well as financial backers and without whom we would never have got as far as we have . It was never my intention for there to be a public debate about the merits of the Supporters Trust or the contribution a particular individual makes etc. We are all supposed to be on the same Fax page here, not working in silos of Fax Hierarchy v Supporters Trust etc.
My thoughts are that we have a potential untapped talent pool within the genuine spectator base who could actually support those already in position to provide fresh ideas, managerial skills,marketing skills, spread the workload etc. that could help if the BOD wanted that and there was the right conduit within the club to encourage that.
I can't speak for others but personally I have run a rugby club, run my own business,held Senior Management positions in Blue Chip companies and see no way at the moment of being able to offer that skill set to Fax. If there are another dozen fax fans out there with similar skills and desire to help, surely that would boost the current structure rather than hinder it?
Just a thought!

What a super and absolutly positive post, in fact one that should be not only aplauded by the Club but positivly encouraged and if the Club don`t take up your offer of help then would you have a meet up with the Supporters Trust ? A genuine offer of help and a way to help the Club move forward without "dissing "other people so we can all work together should be at the top of everyones agenda .
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 19 22:2225th Nov 18 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any thoughts? : Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm  
Living The Dream wrote:
Just to re emphasise what my post was about was to see if we could help the current BOD, who I am 100% behind and totally agree are supporters as well as financial backers and without whom we would never have got as far as we have . It was never my intention for there to be a public debate about the merits of the Supporters Trust or the contribution a particular individual makes etc. We are all supposed to be on the same Fax page here, not working in silos of Fax Hierarchy v Supporters Trust etc.
My thoughts are that we have a potential untapped talent pool within the genuine spectator base who could actually support those already in position to provide fresh ideas, managerial skills,marketing skills, spread the workload etc. that could help if the BOD wanted that and there was the right conduit within the club to encourage that.
I can't speak for others but personally I have run a rugby club, run my own business,held Senior Management positions in Blue Chip companies and see no way at the moment of being able to offer that skill set to Fax. If there are another dozen fax fans out there with similar skills and desire to help, surely that would boost the current structure rather than hinder it?
Just a thought!

What gets me with Halifax RLFC is that we have a pretty decent hard working Board, a pretty decent and pretty loyal set of supporters yet the club lacks something and all I can say is that something seems to be professionalism.
Why do I hear disenchanted sponsors and diehard fans who put money into the club saying they are fed up of how they are treated and no longer going to do so?
Why do the club not run events to raise money themselves?
Why do the club do something for a few months then it dies a death and stops?
Why do the club have a go at people who try to be honest with their opinions and be constructive?
Where is the problem??????
I think its is down to management myself and a lack of a structure for who does what by the sound of things so whilst your suggestion of useful volunteers is a good one I don't think it will work because of these factors and they will too walk away, just my opinion!
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 04 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 15 09:2723rd Apr 15 08:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........

Re: Any thoughts? : Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:38 pm  
Well I'm stunned and shocked to read some of the comments on this thread. I find some far too personal, insulting, degrading & downright distasteful. Absolutely shocking !!!!!

I've read comments on the messageboard recently of posters having a go at the board, which, although i don't particularly enjoy reading i suppose it's par for the course with internet forums and especially when a team or the business side of the club is under-performing.

I've read recently, a club official ( i use that term very loosely ) making garbage comments in the week before the Fev game at the Shay concerning the appointment of the match referee on their own Facebook account. The person guilty of making these comments is listed on the club website, I checked when I was shown the comments by a 3rd party, this person was so offended by what they read that they intended reporting the matter to the RFL. The referee in question, i understand, was made aware of the comments, that's really going to sit well in future appointments I'm sure, and does the reputation of our club no good.

One thing is for sure, the b.o.d. members who i've ever come into contact with have most definately been supporters/fans of the club, without question. Let's make sure we don't have another Tony Gartland situation on our hands FFS.
triran 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 22 14:3615th Nov 21 09:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Chroesawa at Cymru 'r eilia addef chan Halifax RLFC chwaraewyr!
Signature
Devon Sharks RL - Torbay's ONLY Rugby League Team
[url]www.devonsharksrl.co.uk[/url]

Halifax Community RL (IMBRL) - Halifax TAG Rugby League Team
Wakefield and Featherstone IMBRL Tournament Cup Champions 2007
Hull IMBRL Tournament Plate Winners 2006

"Metal Ashes of Phoenix Show" every Friday 8-10pm on Phoenix FM 96.7 and via the station web site.

Re: Any thoughts? : Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:12 am  
I feel everyone has taken my comments out of context. Someone on here mentioned about a fan being a part of a board - I mentioned Pete Mc as a fan, a winner of a fan of the year last year I think? I feel Pete is close to the rest of us - I can relate to someone like Pete Mc. The working man attitude. He uses the forum, tweets and uses other social media platforms. A connection can be felt between us and them. I am not saying the other are not fans, they don't have the same feeling and connection in my opinion.

In regards to the trust, I have made my feelings clear about it in the past and directly. AND I am helping to change that image however Cassandra if you don't want my help - feel free to let me know. However you are getting a new website that will help.

I still feel the Trust is a clique and a relatively an unknown society. I have no true idea what happens apart from quiz nights and the meetings. I don't "trust" something I don't understand regardless of how much money you have made.

Cassandra wrote:
What does it do to our club to put statements like this on a public message board, from someone who reckons to be some kind of media guru. As for the media thing now that is a joke. :roll:

I am not a media guru but I know more than most. Besides it is my opinion and this is what public forums are about. See my above comments. I am helping improve this not just criticising but I can happily not bother.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 25 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 16 18:072nd Sep 16 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.

Re: Any thoughts? : Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:17 am  
triran wrote:
I feel everyone has taken my comments out of context. Someone on here mentioned about a fan being a part of a board - I mentioned Pete Mc as a fan, a winner of a fan of the year last year I think? I feel Pete is close to the rest of us - I can relate to someone like Pete Mc. The working man attitude. He uses the forum, tweets and uses other social media platforms. A connection can be felt between us and them. I am not saying the other are not fans, they don't have the same feeling and connection in my opinion.

In regards to the trust, I have made my feelings clear about it in the past and directly. AND I am helping to change that image however Cassandra if you don't want my help - feel free to let me know. However you are getting a new website that will help.

I still feel the Trust is a clique and a relatively an unknown society. I have no true idea what happens apart from quiz nights and the meetings. I don't "trust" something I don't understand regardless of how much money you have made.

I am not a media guru but I know more than most. Besides it is my opinion and this is what public forums are about. See my above comments. I am helping improve this not just criticising but I can happily not bother.

Tiran , Cassandra is not on the Supporters Trust Board he is however a member of the Trust and like all members or supporters of our Club the Trust values everyone . It`s so sad that a wonderful post from someone offering ideas and help in such a positive way has been followed by rather negative comments toward other fans of the Club which in turn is not good for the Club as a whole . I wish the Club had a few dozen Living The Dream his positive outlook is what is needed especially in these times where a good many people are feeling fed up , it felt good to read his post.
triran 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Metal Ashes of Phoenix Show" every Friday 8-10pm on Phoenix FM 96.7 and via the station web site.

Re: Any thoughts? : Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:36 am  
johnny freeman fan club wrote:
Tiran , Cassandra is not on the Supporters Trust Board he is however a member of the Trust and like all members or supporters of our Club the Trust values everyone . It`s so sad that a wonderful post from someone offering ideas and help in such a positive way has been followed by rather negative comments toward other fans of the Club which in turn is not good for the Club as a whole . I wish the Club had a few dozen Living The Dream his positive outlook is what is needed especially in these times where a good many people are feeling fed up , it felt good to read his post.

I am struggling to see the negativity to be honest. After a long discussion with a Trust board member and someone else who uses this forum regularly today, they agreed with my post as they read it as it was meant.

I help the club with my skill set because I approached them. Nothing stopping the rest of the talent pool approaching them.

Remember my original post was in connection to this thread about fan based group working with the board as this thread suggested.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Oct 22 13:3716th Apr 22 07:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any thoughts? : Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 pm  
Triran I find your comments re the Trust patronising, we are not a clique but a group of Fans trying to do our best for the Under 20's and the Club. We appreciate your skills, as you say you are trying to change our image, but the recent posts have not endeared you to the Trust. I also hope that you are not speaking for the Club.
triran 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Any thoughts? : Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:17 pm  
How would I speaking for the club? I am not employed by them in shape or form and I am sorry you can't see what I mean.

I am getting bloody annoyed explaining MY OPINION and MY VIEW POINT!

The invisible way the Trust works makes it difficult to understand what goes on for example I know more about L.I.S.A than the Fax Trust. Poor communication caused MY opinion and I know you are trying to change that. Hence why I BELIEVE a trust involvement directly with the board would not be good IN MY OPINION.

You are focusing on the negative of my post and not the positive. If you don't like my opinion fine - I can live with that. It is up to you to change my view point and not throw your toys out of the pram because someone OUTSIDE the group doesn't understand. It is down to you to EDUCATE the non-members. You need to look from the outside in with this. I am sick and tired of defending myself.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 19 22:2225th Nov 18 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any thoughts? : Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:03 pm  
triran wrote:
How would I speaking for the club? I am not employed by them in shape or form and I am sorry you can't see what I mean.

I am getting bloody annoyed explaining MY OPINION and MY VIEW POINT!

The invisible way the Trust works makes it difficult to understand what goes on for example I know more about L.I.S.A than the Fax Trust. Poor communication caused MY opinion and I know you are trying to change that. Hence why I BELIEVE a trust involvement directly with the board would not be good IN MY OPINION.

You are focusing on the negative of my post and not the positive. If you don't like my opinion fine - I can live with that. It is up to you to change my view point and not throw your toys out of the pram because someone OUTSIDE the group doesn't understand. It is down to you to EDUCATE the non-members. You need to look from the outside in with this. I am sick and tired of defending myself.

How can you know what the Trust does Pete if you are not a member, you did not renew your Membership this year which is your choice fair enough? Don't say everybody should be included in our very open and honest Newsletters which we share all our open to all our members monthly meetings minutes through, otherwise why pay the tenner to bother joining?
I am sad you feel this way Pete I really am and to be honest it makes somebody like me who has put in over 20 years of continuous support to the club through the former Supporters Club and now the Trust by being on committees and boards think why bother? When you get criticism despite doing your best and putting a lot of money the clubs way directly and indirectly it makes you think about packing it in, it seems endemic at Halifax RLFC to p*ss people off and cause them to withdraw their support, why I don't know as right now this club needs ALL the fans and help it can get. I know you are not the club but I have seen this attitude from both staff and Board members through the years, it cannot carry on as there will be ever fewer fans left at this rate.
RankPostsTeam
International Star792
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 21 14:379th Mar 21 13:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any thoughts? : Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:22 pm  
As a Fax fan man and boy for 47 years but currently outsider looking in at the current politics that appear to exist between devoted people and areas of the club, it makes me wonder if we as a club need to take a breath and take a good long look at where we are all at and perhaps review if there is a need for a culture change and a clearing of the air to move forward? It's vital that a clear, positive and united message comes from all areas of the club for Fax to move forward. Everybody is entitled to their view point -indeed its healthy in my opinion that people are allowed to express that- but ultimately we all need to be pulling together both on and off the pitch to uphold our proud Town Professional Rugby heritage and create new foundations and hope for another 140+ years!This club has been huge part of many peoples lives for many, many, years and should be for many years to come.
PreviousNext