FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - County Cricket 2010
::A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
County Cricket 2010 : Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:58 pm  
I thought I'd start a new thread for the new season as the old thread is not far off 1000 posts.

What do the people on here think about Moores as Lancs coach?I know he was a flop as England coach but his record at Sussex was good enough to think he can lead us to better days ahead.
Last edited by Matt_Horton on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed year to 2010
: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:00 pm  
Woooooooooooooooooooo
Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire... :wink:
: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 pm  
Come on Kent
Re: County Cricket 2009 : Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:49 am  
DAR130 wrote:
I thought I'd start a new thread for the new season as the old thread is not far off 1000 posts.

Good thinking.

It's added to the list of useful threads
: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 pm  
I'm pleased with Surrey's signing of Michael Brown from Hampshire, who really impressed me when he opened the batting against us last season. Harbhajan is back as "overseas" player, although how many games he'll actually be available for remains to be seen - he certainly did the business for us two years ago though. Other than that I expect to see a load of younger homegrown players getting a run in the team in Division 2, and hopefully challenging for promotion under the captaincy of Mark Butcher, who was in prime form last year until a knee injury put him out for the rest of the season at the end of May. Mark Ramprakash has signed a two year extension taking him up to the end of the 2011 season, by which time he'll be 42.

I suppose the big story will be the arrival of Chris Adams as head coach. I'm still a bit ambivalent about that, not really sure what to expect.
: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am  
With Yorkshire a lot depends on our unknowns.

Will Vaughan/Sayers/Taylor be able to form any half decent opening partnerships?

Will Adil be missing for any length of time?

and most importantly will Rana play and if not can we get a strike bowler in his place e.g. Morkel?

If things go badly with these we'll be left struggling AGAIN.
: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:59 am  
Prince of Denmark wrote:
I'm pleased with Surrey's signing of Michael Brown from Hampshire, who really impressed me when he opened the batting against us last season. Harbhajan is back as "overseas" player, although how many games he'll actually be available for remains to be seen - he certainly did the business for us two years ago though. Other than that I expect to see a load of younger homegrown players getting a run in the team in Division 2, and hopefully challenging for promotion under the captaincy of Mark Butcher, who was in prime form last year until a knee injury put him out for the rest of the season at the end of May. Mark Ramprakash has signed a two year extension taking him up to the end of the 2011 season, by which time he'll be 42.

I suppose the big story will be the arrival of Chris Adams as head coach. I'm still a bit ambivalent about that, not really sure what to expect.


Surrey should walk D2 just hope they stop using players like Saqlain/Collins etc and stick with the younger lads.

Chris Jordan to have a blinder and force himself in to England contention (we gotta pick him quick before the Windies to try and force his decision)
: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:20 pm  
Loop wrote:
Surrey should walk D2 just hope they stop using players like Saqlain/Collins etc and stick with the younger lads.

Chris Jordan to have a blinder and force himself in to England contention (we gotta pick him quick before the Windies to try and force his decision)

Saqi has been released, along with Ali Brown (to Notts on a 2 year contract), Neil Saker and Richard Clinton. Brown contributed very little in the last two seasons and Clinton never looked good enough; Saker (like Tim Murtagh) was possibly regarded as not having enough pace, but might do a job for someone else.

Chris Jordan seemed to suffer from "second season" syndrome last year, failing to build on a tremendous debut season, but I'm sure he'll come again. The youngsters who had a run in the side towards the end of last year, like Matt Spriegel, need to kick on. Another interesting prospect is Stuart Meaker, a teenage fast bowler who has apparently been timed consistently at around 95mph and who smashed Jon Batty's hand (keeping wicket to him) in the final game of last season.
: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:30 pm  
Prince of Denmark wrote:
Saqi has been released, along with Ali Brown (to Notts on a 2 year contract), Neil Saker and Richard Clinton. Brown contributed very little in the last two seasons and Clinton never looked good enough; Saker (like Tim Murtagh) was possibly regarded as not having enough pace, but might do a job for someone else.

Chris Jordan seemed to suffer from "second season" syndrome last year, failing to build on a tremendous debut season, but I'm sure he'll come again. The youngsters who had a run in the side towards the end of last year, like Matt Spriegel, need to kick on. Another interesting prospect is Stuart Meaker, a teenage fast bowler who has apparently been timed consistently at around 95mph and who smashed Jon Batty's hand (keeping wicket to him) in the final game of last season.



is he son of graeme clinton who opened for surrey in 80s :?:
: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:38 pm  
shandy swiller wrote:
is he son of graeme clinton who opened for surrey in 80s :?:


indeed. Barely featured in last 2 seasons.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 79 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Other Sports