WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - home games (behind closed doors)?

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk home games (behind closed doors)?

home games (behind closed doors)? Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:46 pm  

User avatarIsaiah wrote:
Isaiah User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Can anyone tell me if we can play any of our home games (behind closed doors) at another ground, or do we have to play them at the KC?
What sort of money would we have to pay if we still had to plat home games at the KC (behind closed doors)?
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Isaiah wrote:
Can anyone tell me if we can play any of our home games (behind closed doors) at another ground, or do we have to play them at the KC?
What sort of money would we have to pay if we still had to plat home games at the KC (behind closed doors)?

No idea, it depends how they work the whole thing. It would make sense to use a small ground for back to back matches on Sky, the cheapest possible to open up, Keepmoat would be ideal for three days of three games, nobody could even get close to calling Doncaster anything like an advantage/disadvantage, then maybe Gigg Lane for Lancashire "home" matches for the same. The KC would be silly to open for behind closed doors games?
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:45 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

City charging for streaming, even pass holders.... not a very good way to build trust and reward loyalty. I know they gave a two month holiday, but that was two months with no games....?
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:05 am  

ccs wrote:
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

... well it wouldn't bother me.
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 am  

User avatarHFC Boy wrote:
HFC Boy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

People should be charged for streaming the games !
If you want the Club to survive, and extra income will help .
Sponsorships will be down , match day income gone . Pass sales for 2021 onwards will be low .
Hull FC have not got a wealthy benefactor. Fans need to release that a tough period financially for the Club is here .
Some of our fan base are deluded if they think we will come out of this well !
HULL FC CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2005
GRAND FINALISTS 2006
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2008
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2013
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2016
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2017

HKR THE PRIDE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:40 am  

Aldy wrote:
Aldy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Isaiah wrote:

Wasn’t the plan, to play several matches at one venue I seem to remember Headingley was mentioned as one possible venue
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:25 am  

User avatarArmavinit wrote:
Armavinit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Aldy wrote:
Wasn’t the plan, to play several matches at one venue I seem to remember Headingley was mentioned as one possible venue

Think you are correct but then Hetherington is so far up RFL only his feet are showing, therefore any income it generates will be straight his deep pockets. RFL funded Leeds for years with semis and final venues.
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:18 am  

Aldy wrote:
Aldy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Armavinit wrote:
Think you are correct but then Hetherington is so far up RFL only his feet are showing, therefore any income it generates will be straight his deep pockets. RFL funded Leeds for years with semis and final venues.

Spot on about Hetherington, that's probably why he wanted the Grand Final in January hoping if Man United couldn't stage it would be moved to Headingley
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:55 am  

ccs wrote:
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

IR80 wrote:
City charging for streaming, even pass holders.... not a very good way to build trust and reward loyalty. I know they gave a two month holiday, but that was two months with no games....?

... and nothing to pay, you don't buy passes @city with a one off charge, but over a 12 month rolling payment.

So, in theory, despite charging them for streaming, they will still be better off.
Re: home games (behind closed doors)? Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:07 pm  

User avatarnumber 6 wrote:
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

if the club are still having to pay rent and costs for the KC during lockdown, if i was Pearson id want to play our home games at home! why pay for something and not use it! travelling west every week and midweek would add more costs, same for HKR

no fans so no stewards, reserve/academy players to be used as ball boys.

dont agree with leeds hosting neutral games if they are playing there, especially if they are the away team too! same with saints and wire making their grounds available! if those clubs who pay rent for use of stadiums and still paying...then they should be within their rights to use it!
Next