u RLFANS.COM - The World's Most Popular Rugby League Website WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Very Specific York RL Knowledge

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Very Specific York RL Knowledge

Very Specific York RL Knowledge
Post Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:01 am
Posted by Him on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:01 am
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 459
Rep Position: 50th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 4

This might seem an odd question but does anyone have any records of York Knights 2nd team players between 2005 and 2010?

A friend of mine is attempting to track down a relatives movements in those years as part of a family history project and there are rumours that he played for York 2nd team a few times but nothing confirmed. But obviously it’s RL and stats and records are notoriously hard to come by.

A person said that this person had played for the York “C” Team. But I didn’t think we would ever really call it a “C” team as in “A”, “B” or “C” team in RL. We’d generally call it reserves or 2nd team. I know we used “A” team in the past but that referred more to reserves. Also would be unlikely to have 3 teams! Sounds more a Union designation to me?

Any help is much appreciated!

Mods - I would post it in the York forum but let’s just say there doesn’t appear much activity in there!
Re: Very Specific York RL Knowledge
Post Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:17 am
Posted by Mr Dog on Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:17 am
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 177
Rep Position: 159th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Him wrote:
This might seem an odd question but does anyone have any records of York Knights 2nd team players between 2005 and 2010?

A friend of mine is attempting to track down a relatives movements in those years as part of a family history project and there are rumours that he played for York 2nd team a few times but nothing confirmed. But obviously it’s RL and stats and records are notoriously hard to come by.

A person said that this person had played for the York “C” Team. But I didn’t think we would ever really call it a “C” team as in “A”, “B” or “C” team in RL. We’d generally call it reserves or 2nd team. I know we used “A” team in the past but that referred more to reserves. Also would be unlikely to have 3 teams! Sounds more a Union designation to me?

Any help is much appreciated!

Mods - I would post it in the York forum but let’s just say there doesn’t appear much activity in there!

Try the York board on TotalRL, there are both a few folk connected to the club and some 'stats' folk on there.