WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What next
What next Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:14 am  

Jo Jumbuck wrote:
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 1583
What next for Woolford and the Giants, I have to say he has not impressed me much, that said with the horrendous injuries we have had it would have been difficult to achieve much anyway so you cant really say he should go.

The one thing that has been a real positive this season is the way that the young players have done really well under a lot of pressure, I don't know if that is much to do with SW or if it would have happened anyway but if we give him credit for his part in it, that's fair but it's also fair that he gets his share of the blame for the miserable performances of the team as a whole for much of the season, The forwards especially have been very very poor and apart from the odd game they have been dominated by every team they have faced, resulting in most games by and large being played in our 22 for long period.

I don't say that there hasn't been effort from them individually for most of the time but as a unified pack they have been nowhere and their line speed has been the worst iv'e ever seen', the results of which have been clear for all to see , endless dropout from the sticks and fielding kicks under or around them, all this stuff is definitely the coaches responsibility .

It will be interesting to see what changes take place over the Winter ,and it's what will determine whether i renew my season ticket or not and i suspect a lot more will be doing the same. There is a sizeable list of players who we need to be moving on, no matter how much Claret and gold some of them have in their Veins, and for me the changes need to go further than on the field, though i don't hold out too much hope for that to happen, end of the day the Giants can't afford to keep plodding on in the way they have been, We escaped again by the skin of our teeth and unless there are some big changes it will just be the same again next season, We don't have a Fairy Godmother who is going to come and make it all better. I really hope Mr Davy is going sort things out this winter.
Re: What next Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:54 pm  

GiantJake1988 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am
Posts: 1056
A starting point would be.....

Cudjoe = retire

Murphy = Still has abit to offer but would like him to retire for his own good or he will end up in a wheelchair. He looks absolutely busted and cant even walk properly anymore.

Uate, Frawley, Matagi & Seb = Go home / move on

Ollie Roberts & Adam Walne = Move on

Reality is though...

Murphy will retire at the end of 2020 when his contract is up.
Walne will leave at the end of 2020 when his contract is up.
Matagi will leave at the end of 2020 when his contract is up.
Cudjoe will spend most of 2020 on the sidelines.
Uate will spend most of 2020 on the sidelines.

Roberts might move on.
Frawley might go home as rumoured already.
Re: What next Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:57 pm  

jumper wrote:
jumper Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:33 pm
Posts: 110
Uate deserves a season now he has had his op and will be fully fit next season. Cudjoe if fit, is still an asset, we will know if he is fit before the season starts, Matagi carries the ball well and his stats backs that up. We need to strengthen in the forwards and hopefully stay stay relatively injury free then we have the nucleus of a good team.(using the right tactics)!
Re: What next Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 pm  

jumper wrote:
jumper Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:33 pm
Posts: 110
Uate deserves a season now he has had his op and will be fully fit next season. Cudjoe if fit, is still an asset, we will know if he is fit before the season starts, Matagi carries the ball well and his stats backs that up. We need to strengthen in the forwards and hopefully stay stay relatively injury free then we have the nucleus of a good team.(using the right tactics)!
Re: What next Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:14 pm  

Crackerjack wrote:
Crackerjack Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:30 pm
Posts: 4899
jumper wrote:
Uate deserves a season now he has had his op and will be fully fit next season. Cudjoe if fit, is still an asset, we will know if he is fit before the season starts, Matagi carries the ball well and his stats backs that up. We need to strengthen in the forwards and hopefully stay stay relatively injury free then we have the nucleus of a good team.(using the right tactics)!


I echo that pal!
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !
Re: What next Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9543
GiantJake1988 wrote:
A starting point would be.....

Cudjoe = retire

Murphy = Still has abit to offer but would like him to retire for his own good or he will end up in a wheelchair. He looks absolutely busted and cant even walk properly anymore.

Uate, Frawley, Matagi & Seb = Go home / move on

Ollie Roberts & Adam Walne = Move on

Reality is though...

Murphy will retire at the end of 2020 when his contract is up.
Walne will leave at the end of 2020 when his contract is up.
Matagi will leave at the end of 2020 when his contract is up.
Cudjoe will spend most of 2020 on the sidelines.
Uate will spend most of 2020 on the sidelines.

Roberts might move on.
Frawley might go home as rumoured already.


Cudjoe has a lot to offer not least for how he improves Jerry’s game.
Murphy, squad man- nothing more.
Uate- not lived up to the rep- happy for him to go.
Frawley- I still think he’s our best partner to Gaskell. Holmes and Russell are even more awful under pressure. He didn’t sound like he was ready to go anywhere in the podcast last week.
Walne- been our best prop (if taai is second row)
Matagi- not convinced he brings much. Too slow.
Ollie- only his grandma can think he’s had s good season he’s still got three? years so barring a miracle we are stuck with him as he’s not impressed anyone in SL this year. Annoying thing is we know what he promised- but hasn’t delivered when given the chance to fight for a spot.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: What next Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:38 pm  

Jo Jumbuck wrote:
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 1583
Well fair enough we all have our opinions on players but whoever you are for or against it's been screaming obvious that what we have had this year has been woefully short of whats needed in the pack.

I take the point that with strengthening the right tactics are vital and that's down to the coach so it's watch this space.

You must think Frawley is awful jools by stating that the other 2 are more awful, but to be fair how many halves would look good behind our pack, Gaskill certainly has what it takes given some go forward, lets see if we get some next season.
Re: What next Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:01 pm  

Code13 wrote:
Code13 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:09 am
Posts: 31082
Location: Gods Own County
Matagi has been scapegoats I think, his stats are decent.

Seb has been poor this season, name someone who hasn't.

Ollie Robert's, needs to step up. Give him benefit for being injured all season, he has shown he can be excellent.

Frawley, curates egg. Same as Russell and Holmes tbh.

Cudjoe - if he can get fully fit, he is a great asset, if not, retire for his own health

Uate - came injured, played injured. Gets a pass for that season, but needs a big season for us in 2020.

Murphy - cant fault his commitment, but he is a back up player now

Too many injured players at the start, same as last year and that must be fixed. Our squad is top 6 on paper, just it's been on the bench all season
Re: What next Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:27 am  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9543
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
Well fair enough we all have our opinions on players but whoever you are for or against it's been screaming obvious that what we have had this year has been woefully short of whats needed in the pack.

I take the point that with strengthening the right tactics are vital and that's down to the coach so it's watch this space.

You must think Frawley is awful jools by stating that the other 2 are more awful, but to be fair how many halves would look good behind our pack, Gaskill certainly has what it takes given some go forward, lets see if we get some next season.


I don’t think frawley is awful - but at times under pressure this season his decision making has been. - as has that of all our halves. I still think frawley, in a settled partnership, could be better than he’s so far shown as we have seen some good stuff in patches.
We still need a leader on the field, frawley isn’t that any more than any other guys we have out there are.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: What next Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:57 am  

Joehudds wrote:
Joehudds Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:06 pm
Posts: 195
jools wrote:
I don’t think frawley is awful - but at times under pressure this season his decision making has been. - as has that of all our halves. I still think frawley, in a settled partnership, could be better than he’s so far shown as we have seen some good stuff in patches.
We still need a leader on the field, frawley isn’t that any more than any other guys we have out there are.

I agree he’s shown that he can play , thought he had a good game against cats , think he’s been the scape goat for a lot of people this year and a leader is needed think the closest we’ve got is leeming and he doesn’t play a full game , also think fullback is what we need but rather someone young , rather than oldie from aus
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bilko1941, roopy and 30 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,056,3401,36278,1614,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts