Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 pm
Posted by Prince Buster on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 pm
Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 175
Rep Position: 149th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Just looked at odds checker website and Betfred are still offering 12/1 against us getting the relegated

I think that is extremely generous !

They are either insane or know something that we don't
Re: Relegation betting
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:18 pm
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:18 pm
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 427
Rep Position: 48th / 77,904

Wished I'd seen that before placing my alternative Treble bet this morning. Presumed we'd still be about 7/1

Noticed that Shudds have been cut to 1/2 to beat Catalans so I can't see the Catalans players backing against themselves at those odds. Maybe they'll put some effort in to win this week and surprise Shudds?
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm
Posted by Trinityknight on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm
Trinityknight Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 78
Rep Position: 233rd / 77,904

Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
Wished I'd seen that before placing my alternative Treble bet this morning. Presumed we'd still be about 7/1

Noticed that Shudds have been cut to 1/2 to beat Catalans so I can't see the Catalans players backing against themselves at those odds. Maybe they'll put some effort in to win this week and surprise Shudds?

Me too got about 19/2 on treble.hopfelly it does the trick and my bet loses
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:35 pm
Posted by rugbyreddog on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:35 pm
rugbyreddog User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 147
Rep Position: 169th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 308

Prince Buster wrote:
Just looked at odds checker website and Betfred are still offering 12/1 against us getting the relegated

I think that is extremely generous !

Probably saw Ralph Rimmer putting money on London for the drop
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:36 pm
Posted by RWB on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:36 pm
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 262nd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 4

Not relegation betting but something i have been curious about and was wondering whether anyone knew a definitive answer to.

You can bet inplay on a lot of our games, even ones that aren't on TV. Do we let some sort of sports data company that provide real-time information to the bookies into the ground to be able to offer these markets? Also you could bet inplay on the reserves game last week and some 19s games so the same question applies, anyone know for definite? If so, do we charge them for entry?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:53 pm
Posted by upthecats on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:53 pm
upthecats User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 278th / 77,904

Prince Buster wrote:

I would imagine it’s because they are not looking at it with emotion attached, and are not nervous fans like a lot are...the natural instinct for many is to fear the worst.

It was 20/1 a few days ago and is only 10/1 now because people are having the ‘just in case’ bet to soften the blow, not because they think it will happen! Our fate hasn’t become more likely because the odds have halved...

The win treble is still widely available at over 11/1 so people backing at some of the odds I’ve seen need to shop around more...

One other word of caution on the treble...it’s not a gimme remember...if the unthinkable happened and we were to get relegated you could still lose money on that treble! The only guaranteed winner is the to finish bottom/to be relegated market.

Let’s all cut the negativity though and be positive, we will win and so will Salford...I wouldn’t even rule out Huddersfield getting turned over.
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 pm
Posted by King Street Cat on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 pm
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 229
Rep Position: 111th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 268

upthecats wrote:
I wouldn’t even rule out Huddersfield getting turned over.

I could assemble a team on my journey to work in the morning who could beat this current Catalans team!
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 am
Posted by bren2k on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 632
Rep Position: 18th / 77,904

A team consisting of forum members, managed by NGBC, would beat the current iteration of Catalans; they could of course turn up at Shudds in a completely different iteration, and do a number on them - which would be a bonus for us.

I don't think we'll beat London - they'll play with guts and desperation, and they'll throw the kitchen sink at us; they'll get a healthy lead in the opening 20, and we won't be able to pull it back in the 2nd half.

My hopes are however firmly pinned on Salford; they've got a lot to play for, and are currently on fire - I think they'll have far too much for HKR, who showed their soft underbelly against London last week - for all their inventiveness and freedom, they're pretty fragile.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:41 am
Posted by TheDreadnought on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:41 am
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 399
Rep Position: 56th / 77,904

bren2k wrote:
A team consisting of forum members, managed by NGBC, would beat the current iteration of Catalans; they could of course turn up at Shudds in a completely different iteration, and do a number on them - which would be a bonus for us.

I don't think we'll beat London - they'll play with guts and desperation, and they'll throw the kitchen sink at us; they'll get a healthy lead in the opening 20, and we won't be able to pull it back in the 2nd half.

My hopes are however firmly pinned on Salford; they've got a lot to play for, and are currently on fire - I think they'll have far too much for HKR, who showed their soft underbelly against London last week - for all their inventiveness and freedom, they're pretty fragile.

It's a comment that will make me seem like I can't make my mind up but I can really see Catalans turning up and playing them off the park, as they have done to a number of sides throughout the season (ourselves included). What is set to be Gigot's last game, I'd imagine they'll want to end the season on a high and Huddersfield being under pressure they could definitely crumble. However it could be completely reversed, Huddersfield could do everything right in a bid to secure a SL spot for next year with Catalans showing up with a "cba"/"doesn't matter" attitude.
Hi, I’m The Dreadnought. Better known as Dreaders and yeah, I’ve been about a bit. Im in the know on everything league related, I’m an icon in my sector and all round bad boy.

X
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:51 pm
Posted by bren2k on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:51 pm
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 632
Rep Position: 18th / 77,904

TheDreadnought wrote:
It's a comment that will make me seem like I can't make my mind up but I can really see Catalans turning up and playing them off the park, as they have done to a number of sides throughout the season (ourselves included). What is set to be Gigot's last game, I'd imagine they'll want to end the season on a high and Huddersfield being under pressure they could definitely crumble. However it could be completely reversed, Huddersfield could do everything right in a bid to secure a SL spot for next year with Catalans showing up with a "cba"/"doesn't matter" attitude.

I can't make mine up either - that's why I'm not confidently predicting either way. Catalans are an absolute conundrum - they're like Eric Morecambe's piano playing - all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Next