WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:53 am
Posted by christopher on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:53 am
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 552
Rep Position: 29th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8342
Location: Sydney NSW
Gotcha wrote:
You could produce a list of 15-20, take your pick. Your not seriously suggesting we have the best man?


Produce the list then, its pure speculation as to whether they would have done any better than Agar.

I have said that I think in the circumstances Agar is the right man for next year, the club obviously are thinking it snot long term (unless he does really well next year) and I'm sure Agar is fine with that.

Who would have been your choice for next year?
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:55 am
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:55 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 409
Rep Position: 54th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 11:46 pm
Posts: 9498
Location: 10 mins walk from Suncorp Stadium
His record as coach previously sucks. He has done an OK job this year but no more - 5th in a 12 team league with four dreadful teams and another couple of dodgy ones with 3 new players? Pass me the champagne.

Put it this way, can you imagine him even being shortlisted if he had applied at the end of last year? Or to sts, Wigan or wire?

Using Furner is the worst excuse for not going hard for a top coach. What it really says is we're going nowhere next year.

I hope he proves me wrong.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:56 am
Posted by Gotcha on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:56 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 532
Rep Position: 31st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16902
christopher wrote:
Produce the list then, its pure speculation as to whether they would have done any better than Agar.

I have said that I think in the circumstances Agar is the right man for next year, the club obviously are thinking it snot long term (unless he does really well next year) and I'm sure Agar is fine with that.

Who would have been your choice for next year?


Griffin should have been the man before Furner, and should have been now. He was everything that we were looking for, for long term also. There are plenty others from the NRL, but he was my choice. UK I would have gone Watson, but I am not a fan of UK coaches at all, and think they have taken the competition backwards.

As I said on previous post though, I do like Agar as a person and his integrity, and on that basis I wish him all the luck, and really do hope it works for him. But as a fan, I can not escape the clear thinking that it is yet again another wasted year.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:01 am
Posted by Exeter Rhino on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:01 am
Exeter Rhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 173
Rep Position: 147th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 276

Joined: Tue May 28, 2002 12:08 pm
Posts: 6717
Location: Isca Dumnoniorum
Not overjoyed, but I can see why the club have opted for Agar. One year is about right IMO.

To be honest I think changing our playing roster has more chance of improving our fortunes than bringing in a new coach. I'll be a lot happier if we get a few more announcements on retention and recruitment in the coming weeks, to take effect for next season.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 am
Posted by christopher on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 am
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 552
Rep Position: 29th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8342
Location: Sydney NSW
Gotcha wrote:
Griffin should have been the man before Furner, and should have been now. He was everything that we were looking for, for long term also. There are plenty others from the NRL, but he was my choice. UK I would have gone Watson, but I am not a fan of UK coaches at all, and think they have taken the competition backwards.

As I said on previous post though, I do like Agar as a person and his integrity, and on that basis I wish him all the luck, and really do hope it works for him. But as a fan, I can not escape the clear thinking that it is yet again another wasted year.


Just on Watson if people are going on CVs what has Watson achieved that Agar hasn’t?
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:22 am
Posted by Gotcha on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:22 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 532
Rep Position: 31st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16902
christopher wrote:
Just on Watson if people are going on CVs what has Watson achieved that Agar hasn’t?


Really? look at the respective squad lists, and I don't think that question should really be asked. But like I said, I am not a fan of british coaches.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:23 am
Posted by Rogues Gallery on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:23 am
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 436
Rep Position: 46th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31109
It's a strange one I agree, but I know quite a few people who have been influenced by Agar and every one them has been very positive about him and his knowledge of the game.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:34 am
Posted by The Magic Rat on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:34 am
The Magic Rat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 82
Rep Position: 224th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:54 am
Posts: 1853
Location: with the barefoot girls
I would have liked Powell but once that was ruled out, for the time being at least, a 1 year deal for Agar is a decent option imo.
We may still be only 2 points above the bottom team but we have improved since he took over. He has at least got them playing for each other and defensively we have improved out of sight. He now has to improve the attack, not an easy task with our halfbacks.
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 am
Posted by christopher on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 am
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 552
Rep Position: 29th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8342
Location: Sydney NSW
Gotcha wrote:
Really? look at the respective squad lists, and I don't think that question should really be asked. But like I said, I am not a fan of british coaches.


Im talking of CVs which has come up, Watson has done a great job with Salford this tear but so did Agar in his first year at Trinity
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:40 am
Posted by christopher on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:40 am
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 552
Rep Position: 29th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8342
Location: Sydney NSW
The Magic Rat wrote:
I would have liked Powell but once that was ruled out, for the time being at least, a 1 year deal for Agar is a decent option imo.
We may still be only 2 points above the bottom team but we have improved since he took over. He has at least got them playing for each other and defensively we have improved out of sight. He now has to improve the attack, not an easy task with our halfbacks.


I don’t think Agar is happy with the halfback situation he mentioned in his presser thats its clear where we have an issue
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biff Tannen, Gotcha, Joshheff90, Marty Grrrrrrrrrr!, OldFart2, ratticusfinch, Seth, sharky64, taxi4stevesmith and 175 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,5571,54877,8504,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 26th Oct 08:00
GB
TONGA
v
GB LIONS
Sat 2nd Nov 04:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 9th Nov 07:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 16th Nov 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)