WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Eagles Beat the Vikings to Lift Inaugural 1895 Cup

Board index Championship Sheffield Eagles Eagles Beat the Vikings to Lift Inaugural 1895 Cup

Eagles Beat the Vikings to Lift Inaugural 1895 Cup

After a stunning Challenge Cup final the attention turned to the final of the inaugural 1895 Cup between the Sheffield Eagles and Widnes Vikings as both sides chased a piece of silverware to cap what will ultimately be a 2019 of league alsorans.

Widnes sprang a surprise and beat the Leigh Centurions in the semi-final to get to the showpiece final, the location where they made four Challenge Cup finals, and win two, in the eighties and nineties. The Eagles triumphed over the Batley Bulldogs to take their place at Wembley, the site of their finest hour when they lifted the Challenge Cup back in 1998.

Widnes were slight favourites for the win but both sides had a win apiece in the two games played in the league in 2019.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.

User avatarNorman Bates wrote:
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I know nobody ever post on the Seagulls page but i’d Just like to offer my congratulations to the club and all their supporters on this win.

Well done - 100% at Wembley.

Watto wrote:
Watto Stevo's Armpit

I concur well done Sheffield

hawk-eye wrote:
hawk-eye Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Hi Norman and Watto

Many thanks for your good wishes

Alan wrote:
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Congratulations to you guys. A good win and, what's more, won in style, in the second half. We know, from experience, when you move the ball wide, you can be irresistible!