u RLFANS.COM - The World's Most Popular Rugby League Website WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history

Posted by Slugger McBatt on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:55 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 188
Rep Position: 151st / 78,075

Quiz Score: 36

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5866
Location: Over there
wrencat1873 wrote:
It may still come down to points difference but, either London or KR will pick up points when the 2 clubs meet on the 8th September, potentially making that club safe.
However, it's equally possible that this will go to the last weekend of the season, with all 4 clubs needing to win to avoid the drop and still just about possible that Leeds could be dragged back into the dogfight.

Certainly KR v London is massive.

Something else which may well come into play is, the performance of those clubs that are safe and any squad rotation going on in the clubs who are in the play offs, who will be concentrating on having their best 17 ready for the play off games, rather than necessarily going all out to win on the last day of the regular season.

Twists and turns aplenty still to come and this is all without the contrived nonsense of the 3 x 8 structure :shock:


Not sure about the play-off teams. I've rarely seen the "resting players" bit work when it comes to the crucial game afterwards. Look at KR this weekend after resting key players. I think you've got to keep momentum.

The biggest risk for KR (if they lose the London game) or Huddersfield is if Wakey are safe by then, as they will literally have nothing to play for other than pride, and there is no doubt that London can get themselves up for a game.

What helps Wakey is that both Catalan and Leeds need to win their next game, which might narrow the relegation scrap even further to just three teams.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Posted by Mr Bliss on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Mr Bliss User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 135
Rep Position: 193rd / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7670
Location: Wakey
Anyone know the latest relegation odds??



Not being smug but interested to know how some teams are motivated and on the up whilst others are plummeting
Fear: The best insurance money can buy.
Image
Posted by spegs on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:23 am
spegs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 35
Rep Position: 289th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 1512
Very interesting scenario...especially seeing Hull KR drop back into the mire. However, rumours are rife that Toronto will not be in a position to come up if they finish first.
Posted by Cokey on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:42 am
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 988
Rep Position: 4th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 8472
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
spegs wrote:
Very interesting scenario...especially seeing Hull KR drop back into the mire. However, rumours are rife that Toronto will not be in a position to come up if they finish first.


I hope you're wrong, Super league needs Toronto. After all,expansion needs to be proved a good or a bad idea. I also wish all the teams in the relegation battle, the best of luck.
Image
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 am
Psychedelic Casual User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 532
Rep Position: 37th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:46 pm
Posts: 1789
Location: Manchester
spegs wrote:
Very interesting scenario...especially seeing Hull KR drop back into the mire. However, rumours are rife that Toronto will not be in a position to come up if they finish first.

Makes you wonder about that Million Pound Game last season...
Posted by wrencat1873 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:11 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1255
Rep Position: 2nd / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13750
spegs wrote:
Very interesting scenario...especially seeing Hull KR drop back into the mire. However, rumours are rife that Toronto will not be in a position to come up if they finish first.


Although I'd be happy for Toulouse, York or Leigh to make it into SL (instead of Toronto), IF Toronto were to have serious financial issues or actually fold, this would bring yet more negative press for the game.

It would be interesting to know where we are up to with the next Sky deal and whether they actually want Toronto in the top flight for viewing figures / advertising revenue etc.
Posted by little wayne69 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 am
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 563
Rep Position: 32nd / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 2958
Cokey wrote:
I hope you're wrong, Super league needs Toronto. After all,expansion needs to be proved a good or a bad idea. I also wish all the teams in the relegation battle, the best of luck.

Well said Cokey, It's good to have a bit of perspective on the game, oh and if they don't make it, it would be nice to see Leigh back in it.
Posted by Huddersfield1895 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 am
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 71
Rep Position: 253rd / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1572
Between London and Robins now after the weekends results
Posted by hooligan27 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:58 am
hooligan27 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 90
Rep Position: 234th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:12 pm
Posts: 663
Huddersfield or Leeds I think
Posted by christopher on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:45 am
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 629
Rep Position: 21st / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8907
Location: Sydney NSW
hooligan27 wrote:
Huddersfield or Leeds I think



Whilst we're (Leeds) not by any means out of it, our points difference is like an extra point, Leeds could still lose all the remaining games and to go down it would mean every team below them on 18 points to get 2 wins from 3 plus Wakey to get one. That's not impossible of course but I'd say unlikely however I am by no means thinking we're safe.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barbed Wire, Egg Chasing, Google Adsense [Bot], jayb, Mild Rover, nkpom, Ornery Optimist, puroresu_boy, spegs, wrencat1873 and 102 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,039,1881,19778,0754,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 4th Jun 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Fri 5th Jun 09:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
NZ WARRIORS
Fri 5th Jun 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SOUTHS
Sat 6th Jun 08:30
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
MANLY
Sat 6th Jun 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CRONULLA
Sun 7th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NEWCASTLE
Sun 7th Jun 09:30
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
WESTS TIGERS
Mon 8th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
ST.GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)