WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history

Posted by giddyupoldfella on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm
giddyupoldfella User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 139
Rep Position: 171st / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

London have to win 2 of their last 4 games without their rivals winning any, unless there's a massive swing in points difference somewhere. I don't think they can do that, which puts them down for me.
Posted by Judder Man on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 230
Rep Position: 109th / 77,892

giddyupoldfella wrote:
London have to win 2 of their last 4 games without their rivals winning any, unless there's a massive swing in points difference somewhere. I don't think they can do that, which puts them down for me.

Yes, its London relegated for me because of that negative points difference, Hull KR and Huddersfield are really good enough to get another win but Wakefield are hanging by a thread.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:56 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 945
Rep Position: 6th / 77,892

Judder Man wrote:
Yes, its London relegated for me because of that negative points difference, Hull KR and Huddersfield are really good enough to get another win but Wakefield are hanging by a thread.

This year London have played Leeds twice, Wakefield Twice, Catalans Twice and HKR Twice......of these 8 games, they've won 5. They can certainly do it, but they'll need to win 3 games if they are to survive and it may well come down to the last game of the season
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by bramleyrhino on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 am
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 237
Rep Position: 104th / 77,892

Call Me God wrote:
This year London have played Leeds twice, Wakefield Twice, Catalans Twice and HKR Twice......of these 8 games, they've won 5. They can certainly do it, but they'll need to win 3 games if they are to survive and it may well come down to the last game of the season

Agree. I don't think that London would fear any of the teams they have to face. Leeds, despite two very good results, still have bad performances in them (and could be mathmatically safe if they beat St Helens), Catalans are certainly beatable and I don't think they'd fear HKR.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to think that they could be going to Belle Vue on parity with Wakefield and/or Huddersfield, and that largely removes the points difference issue.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Posted by barton baird on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:52 am
barton baird User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 60
Rep Position: 244th / 77,892

Frosties. wrote:
Leeds v Catalan - So Catalan could be without 13 in total for the game Friday. Big opportunity for Leeds to put more points on the board against them. - Leeds win.

Wigan v Hull KR - Wigan playing well and big opportunity to close in on the top three. - Wigan win

Castleford v London - Castleford will want to write the wrongs of last weeks and put in a big performance - Castleford win

Salford v Huddersfield - Salford playing well with Lolohea and Hastings, looking at claiming that top five spot - Salford win

Wakefield v Hull FC - Wakefield brought reinforcements but only can play Escare, still a number of players out and Hull FC look to cement the top three spot - Hull FC win.

Do you have next weeks lottery number winners by any chance?
BLACK AND WHITES

East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."
Posted by Mr Dog on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 pm
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 149
Rep Position: 164th / 77,892

Call Me God wrote:

2 could easily be enough if one of those is against Wakefield. While I'm no great fan of London, I'd like them to stay up to prove that currently there isn't a great deal between the top of the Championship and bottom of SL. To put the icing on the cake would be for Wakefield or HKR to go down (just to see how far either Carter or Hudgell threw their teddies) and to put the cherry on top, TWP not to win the GF (I'd have said not even make it but I guess I'd be getting a bit greedy).
Posted by g_balls on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 pm
g_balls Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 297th / 77,892

Mr Dog wrote:
2 could easily be enough if one of those is against Wakefield. While I'm no great fan of London, I'd like them to stay up to prove that currently there isn't a great deal between the top of the Championship and bottom of SL. To put the icing on the cake would be for Wakefield or HKR to go down (just to see how far either Carter or Hudgell threw their teddies) and to put the cherry on top, TWP not to win the GF (I'd have said not even make it but I guess I'd be getting a bit greedy).

We already went down once. Didn't throw our toys out of the pram. The club stuck together and got back up.
East Hull Is Wonderful!
Posted by Spegsdrinkingbuddy on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 55
Rep Position: 249th / 77,892

g_balls wrote:
We already went down once. Didn't throw our toys out of the pram. The club stuck together and got back up.

Well said, only side to be recently relegated and not go bust/get points deducted

Think we will be ok either way but thanks for your support
Posted by Clearwing on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 583
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,892

HKR v Wakey's a massive game this weekend. Almost a must win for Wakey, given their remaining fixtures. They must really be targeting this one, they can do nothing else. Same for London in theirs.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
Posted by Mr Dog on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:48 pm
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 149
Rep Position: 164th / 77,892

Spegsdrinkingbuddy wrote:
Well said, only side to be recently relegated and not go bust/get points deducted

Think we will be ok either way but thanks for your support

Except that's not true. I'll leave you to figure out why but I guess someone will point you the way before you do.
PreviousNext