WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Warrington
Warrington
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:32 pm
Posted by KingRoss11 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:32 pm
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 209
Rep Position: 129th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 644
Location: Out and about in Wigan
Another winnable game next week, they’re in shocking form and we’re in good form, didn’t pick any injuries up (from what I can tell) there’s a few changes I’d make however

Hardaker
Marshall Sarginson Gildart French
Williams Leuluai
Flower Powell Clubb
Isa Farrell Smithies

Partington Bryne Greenwood Sammut

Budgie should be dropped imo, been poor for 2/3 months now and giving French that left wing spot will show him he’s not guaranteed a start
Re: Warrington
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:42 pm
Posted by Wigg'n on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:42 pm
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 202
Rep Position: 134th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 80

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6407
Agree with your selection. Greenwood to do a spell at prop and Partington spelling LF.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Clubb missed out though with concussion.
Re: Warrington
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 315
Rep Position: 81st / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14334
Our best bet for this one lies in Wire being at Wembley a week later.

Very few teams can focus easily under those circs.

But we'll still need to up our game. Let's not pretend that we weren't crap for much of last night.
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 am
Posted by stpatricks on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 am
stpatricks User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 56
Rep Position: 258th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:34 am
Posts: 979
Location: Wigan
Wigg'n wrote:
Agree with your selection. Greenwood to do a spell at prop and Partington spelling LF.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Clubb missed out though with concussion.


I commented to my mate on Friday Partington seems to be making a lot of calls he was stood close to the play the ball directing player's.
Wigan home of league
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:36 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:36 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 779
Rep Position: 13th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23375
Location: WIGAN
Hardaker
Marshall Sarginson Gildart Burgess
Williams Leuluai
Clubb Powell Flower
Isa Farrell Partington

Subs
Navarette Byrne Smithies Greenwood

Last chance for Burgess for me with him being told in no uncertain terms there must be an uplift in form to keep his place. We need the determined, fired up, busting a gut Burgess from before he signed his new deal.
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 pm
Posted by apollosghost on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 pm
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 165
Rep Position: 156th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1248
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Hardaker
Marshall
Sarginson/Hankinson
Gildart
French
Williams
Sammut
Clubb
Powell/Leuluai
Flower
Farrell
Isa
Smithies

Naverette
Partington
Byrne
Greenwood
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:29 pm
Posted by Father Ted on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:29 pm
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 140
Rep Position: 178th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7697
I'd go with Sammut at 7. The last time he started at 7 we were 18-0 up after 15 mins.
After match comments usually are "we need to start quicker" well we started quick against Wakefield.
Against Hull and HKR we started slow, were predictable and both FC and Rovers were point for point with us, FC for 75mins Rovers for an hour.
I'd prefer Sammut to start but Lam won't start him. Tommy at 7 with the usual slow start and Price being able to know how we'll play when he arrives to work Monday morning.
Lam knows how French can play and what he offers so lets hope it can work out for us.
We'll have to play a lot better than we did v Hull and HKR to get the two points so here's hoping.
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:51 pm
Posted by apollosghost on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:51 pm
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 165
Rep Position: 156th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1248
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Father Ted wrote:
I'd go with Sammut at 7. The last time he started at 7 we were 18-0 up after 15 mins.
After match comments usually are "we need to start quicker" well we started quick against Wakefield.
Against Hull and HKR we started slow, were predictable and both FC and Rovers were point for point with us, FC for 75mins Rovers for an hour.
I'd prefer Sammut to start but Lam won't start him. Tommy at 7 with the usual slow start and Price being able to know how we'll play when he arrives to work Monday morning.
Lam knows how French can play and what he offers so lets hope it can work out for us.
We'll have to play a lot better than we did v Hull and HKR to get the two points so here's hoping.


Our attack really is chalk and cheese with Sammut in the team, any defensive frailties he might have have got to be outweighed by his organising skills, kicking game and running threat.
We won't grind win out against Saints and they're the ones we're eventually going to have to beat.
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:00 pm
Posted by MadDogg on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:00 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 249
Rep Position: 106th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7246
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Sammut has also never had a run of games at #7 so virtually impossible for him to build up any form. He's looked impressive considering he's only played in fits and starts.

Defensively he's a million miles away from Leuluai though. Plus its difficult to drop Powell at the moment so I can understand how its difficult for Lam to get him in the side.
Re: Warrington
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Posted by Phuzzy on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 290
Rep Position: 90th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 3608
Location: Just about to go do some work!
NickyKiss wrote:
Hardaker
Marshall Sarginson Gildart Burgess
Williams Leuluai
Clubb Powell Flower
Isa Farrell Partington

Subs
Navarette Byrne Smithies Greenwood

Last chance for Burgess for me with him being told in no uncertain terms there must be an uplift in form to keep his place. We need the determined, fired up, busting a gut Burgess from before he signed his new deal.

No French NK? I thought he looked very lively on Friday and we may need him, especially if Budgie's form doesn't improve.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, chrissie, dr_feelgood, fax-boys, Froggy, hatty, Itchy Arsenal, Redvee69, S_Riley, Saint_Claire, ShortArse, stpatricks, The Yellow Giraffe, The_Enforcer and 170 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,7491,43777,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)