WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Cost Cutting at Toronto

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Cost Cutting at Toronto

Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:19 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:19 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 75th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 248

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13535
Cokey wrote:
Nice one. So if Wigan started to really struggle financially,you would be happy if the game flourished without you?
BTW - I do understand the loop fixtures, I was using Wigan & Toronto as an example.
Talking of selling tickets to your home fans,your attendances have been going down .......haven't they? :lol:

I don't want Wigan to struggle financially but I do want the game to flourish. If you offered me an SL with a lot more money with London, New York, Paris, Toronto etc in the top division and Wigan in the Championship then yes I'd take that if it meant the game was significantly stronger and we were able to retain our top talent, have a better international game etc.

Yep attendances have been going down for us, hopefully bringing in Hastings and Burgess, holding fan days and the team finding form whilst playing more attractive rugby will help that. It's been on the slide for a good while even whilst we've won trophies.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:26 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:26 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 342
Rep Position: 64th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 2089
The whole concept was nuts from the start. I don't see any merit in this Canadian franchise. Just another White Eleohant
Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm
Posted by Cokey on Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 888
Rep Position: 7th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 6004
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Grimmy wrote:
I don't want Wigan to struggle financially but I do want the game to flourish. If you offered me an SL with a lot more money with London, New York, Paris, Toronto etc in the top division and Wigan in the Championship then yes I'd take that if it meant the game was significantly stronger and we were able to retain our top talent, have a better international game etc.

Yep attendances have been going down for us, hopefully bringing in Hastings and Burgess, holding fan days and the team finding form whilst playing more attractive rugby will help that. It's been on the slide for a good while even whilst we've won trophies.


:lol: :lol:

Do you think you would be viable in the championship?
Mind you,whilst you're at it, you'll only embarrass Him. :lol:
Image
Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:40 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:40 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 701
Rep Position: 16th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 224

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7662
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
It is what it is at the end of the day. If they get promoted, which they should do, then so be it.Personally I'm not that fussed/annoyed by them anymore, now Paul 'Mr Morals' Rowley has departed. :D
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:54 pm
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:54 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 413
Rep Position: 49th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1596
craig hkr wrote:
The whole concept was nuts from the start. I don't see any merit in this Canadian franchise. Just another White Eleohant


you change your username to something more Leigh-esque please.

Just to keep with the anti Toronto thing us Leigh fans have going
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:57 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:57 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 75th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 248

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13535
Cokey wrote:
Mind you,whilst you're at it, you'll only embarrass Him. :lol:

Can anyone decipher this?
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
1Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:00 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:00 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 342
Rep Position: 64th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 2089
RoyBoy29 wrote:
you change your username to something more Leigh-esque please.

Just to keep with the anti Toronto thing us Leigh fans have going

8)
Nowt wrong with Leigh fans.. Toronto will be another Crusaders situation
Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:28 pm
Posted by ploinerrhino on Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:28 pm
ploinerrhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 125
Rep Position: 178th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 am
Posts: 991
I am with the Leigh fans on this one
Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:13 pm
Posted by Cokey on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:13 pm
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 888
Rep Position: 7th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 6004
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Grimmy wrote:
Can anyone decipher this?


Yes,Him is a Leeds fan.
Image
Re: 1Re: Cost Cutting at Toronto
Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:14 pm
Posted by Cokey on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:14 pm
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 888
Rep Position: 7th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 6004
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
craig hkr wrote:
8)
Nowt wrong with Leigh fans.. Toronto will be another Crusaders situation


Thank you sir.
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 13rovers, ALAW, BESTY, Beverley red, ColD, Dannyboywt, Exiled down south, HXSparky, Khlav Kalash, LeedsLurch, mwindass, shauney, Spegsdrinkingbuddy, The Devil's Advocate, Wanderer, wiganermike, Willzay and 108 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,956,1431,48777,8194,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
CASTLEFORD
TOMORROW 10:50
NRL
SOUTHS
v
MANLY
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
Sat 21st Sep 10:50
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
PARRAMATTA EELS
Sat 21st Sep 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 22nd Sep 14:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
DONCASTER
Sun 22nd Sep 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
YORKW
Sun 22nd Sep 16:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
Sun 22nd Sep 18:30
 CH
TORONTO
v
TOULOUSE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)