WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Escaré to Wakey on loan

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Escaré to Wakey on loan

Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:16 pm
Posted by Mash Butty on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:16 pm
Mash Butty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 147
Rep Position: 159th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1321
Location: PIE IN THE SKY DISH
nottinghamtiger wrote:
No, it’s completely different. Escare has joined Wakefield on loan to give him game-time that might benefit Wigan in 2020. Rather than spending months sitting around, he’ll be playing SL.
In addition, you haven’t allowed him to strengthen a team you are competing with this season in terms of league position. At the time Clark left Cas, Wigan and Cas were level on points and chasing a play-off place.
You just have a superiority complex that Wigan should always get their own way, even if it means other clubs giving you players who are under contract because you have a few injuries.

you would know all about complexes
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:29 pm
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:29 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 450
Rep Position: 39th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4458
Escare hasn't been selected as there's better players in the positions he plays, namely FB and then on the wing, ever if you wanted to consider him as a half there's better options.

Arguably Escare has dropped further down the pecking our since the arrival of French, a Lam signing who can cover the same positions as Escare, presumably better than Morgan can.

Escare, according to his social media wants to stay and fight for his place, his opportunity, I find that admirable and respect anyone who's willing to give it their all to play for the club.
As Escare is seeing no game time, it's in his benefit to go on loan, prove to Lam etc that is is someone who's worthy of a spot in our team; he's gotta back himself and prove us all wrong. If he doesn't he still might do enough to impress those in power at Wakey or another club to keep playing regular SL rugby.

Time will tell, be for me, this is a positive and suitable step forward.
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:33 pm
Posted by sergeant pepper on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:33 pm
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 82
Rep Position: 212th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Mash Butty wrote:
you would know all about complexes


Ironic isn't it.

There's a massive complex at that club and it runs from the board all the way down to the fans.

We've seen time and time again their absolute willingness to vote for 'what's best for Cas' rather than what's best for the league.

Having Escare at Wakey is going to add another dimension/talking point for our game Vs them. That's only good for RL Imo and Wigan should be applauded for it.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 pm
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 pm
nottinghamtiger Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 117th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2605
sergeant pepper wrote:
Ironic isn't it.

There's a massive complex at that club and it runs from the board all the way down to the fans.

We've seen time and time again their absolute willingness to vote for 'what's best for Cas' rather than what's best for the league.


Really? I think when it’s come to significant decisions, we’ve always voted with the majority of clubs.
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:56 pm
Posted by sergeant pepper on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:56 pm
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 82
Rep Position: 212th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: In the sky with diamonds
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Really? I think when it’s come to significant decisions, we’ve always voted with the majority of clubs.


I'm sure you did...

No reply to my original post? I guess you've got zero comment on Smith to Wire too? I guess Catalans and Wire aren't rivals either?
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:05 pm
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:05 pm
nottinghamtiger Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 117th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2605
sergeant pepper wrote:
Nope it's pretty much the same situation & you've been proven wrong.

1- Wigan want shut of Escare. Everyone knows this and anyone (even a 6 fingered Cas fan like you) can see his game time next year is going to be severely limited if he stays. He's third choice FB, 5th choice for a wing spot and probably 5th or 6th choice at HB. There's limited benefit to Wigan on this one, apart from he's going to be off our cap.

2 - Wakey are a rival, simply because we play them before the end of the season. We've got our sights set on, not only, securing a top 4 spot, but also getting 2nd place. We're 4 points behind Wire with 10 points left to play for - I'd say it's pretty important that we beat Wakey and strengthening them certainly hasn't made that any easier.

Not sure how you can argue against any of the above really. We've let a player go to play SL level rugby, even though it doesn't benefit us and we've made our run in harder than it was previously.


1. We aren’t talking about next year though. You think Cas should have allowed Clark to join Wigan because he had signed for 2020. Clark threw a hissy-fit and thought this would result in Cas letting him join Wigan this year. Quite rightly, Powell decided that he wasn’t having other players thinking they could do the same, so sat him on the sidelines and eventually let him join a lower-league team. Escare is not going to be off your cap either, as he’s played this year and this is only a loan deal to the end of 2019. You might benefit from not having his attitude stinking the place out, though.

2. I think it’s an interesting decision to allow Escare to play. You’re right, it does seem to strengthen a Wakefield team that you will face for valuable competition points.
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:24 pm
Posted by sergeant pepper on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:24 pm
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 82
Rep Position: 212th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: In the sky with diamonds
nottinghamtiger wrote:
1. We aren’t talking about next year though. You think Cas should have allowed Clark to join Wigan because he had signed for 2020. Clark threw a hissy-fit and thought this would result in Cas letting him join Wigan this year. Quite rightly, Powell decided that he wasn’t having other players thinking they could do the same, so sat him on the sidelines and eventually let him join a lower-league team. Escare is not going to be off your cap either, as he’s played this year and this is only a loan deal to the end of 2019. You might benefit from not having his attitude stinking the place out, though..


That's not true. I wanted Clarke to come to Wigan instead of going to Leigh on loan. You're making it out like the second he signed his deal with Wigan I somehow expected you to gift him to us - that's not true.

I was more than happy for him to see out his deal at Cas. If he wasn't being used however and we wanted to bring him, then he should have been allowed to come to Wigan at that stage. He's surplus to requirements after all isn't he.

Interesting you mention Escare's attitude stinking the place out too. Again Clarke did this at Cas and according to you they made an example of him. Escare causes a stink and yet Wigan still do right by him. Quite simply it was an FU to Wigan, Clarke and spite from Cas to not let him come here imo.

2. I think it’s an interesting decision to allow Escare to play. You’re right, it does seem to strengthen a Wakefield team that you will face for valuable competition points.


And yet we still did it & likewise Cats have let Smith move there, even after the events of the weekend & the possibility they might meet in the playoffs.
Last edited by sergeant pepper on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:32 pm
Posted by warrior1872 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:32 pm
warrior1872 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 61
Rep Position: 233rd / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 271
Location: smelly warrington unfortunately
nottinghamtiger wrote:
No, it’s completely different. Escare has joined Wakefield on loan to give him game-time that might benefit Wigan in 2020. Rather than spending months sitting around, he’ll be playing SL.
In addition, you haven’t allowed him to strengthen a team you are competing with this season in terms of league position. At the time Clark left Cas, Wigan and Cas were level on points and chasing a play-off place.
You just have a superiority complex that Wigan should always get their own way, even if it means other clubs giving you players who are under contract because you have a few injuries.

That's because we are superior especially compared to you inbreds :LOL:
Re: Escaré to Wakey on loan
Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:46 pm
Posted by Pie_Eyter on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:46 pm
Pie_Eyter Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 255th / 77,823

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 48
Escare hasn't been selected because of his attitude (not sure how that helps Wakey) and a number of off field incidents. Clark wasn't selected is because Powell is a sad, bitter old man with an even bigger superiority complex.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adi, Azul, Brick with eyes, fleabag, Itchy Arsenal, jonh, muttywhitedog, Pie Eyed, Pieman, redandy, tank123, That Mon, wire-quin and 174 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,957,4451,77977,8234,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
32-0
PARRAMATTA EELS
 Full Time  
 CH
YORK
4-30
FEATHERSTONE
TOMORROW 14:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
DONCASTER
TOMORROW 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
YORKW
TOMORROW 16:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
TOMORROW 18:30
 CH
TORONTO
v
TOULOUSE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)