u RLFANS.COM - The World's Most Popular Rugby League Website WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most interesting relegation battle in history

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace The most interesting relegation battle in history

Posted by Tigerade on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:33 pm
Tigerade User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 97
Rep Position: 227th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 5054
Location: WF10 - just a small town in Wakefield
little wayne69 wrote:
I'm sure that 34 man squad includes the reserves as well, at present we have lost Johnstone, Arona, and Ashurst for the season, plus the loss of Huby, and Caton Brown, which dilutes that squad somewhat, we have players out on loan who cannot be recalled for a month, then we come on to the players that are having to play with injuries, that dilutes the squad further more, but you being the font of all knowledge regarding Wakey will have taken all this into account before deeming that Chester is all guff, all I can say tiggerpops is it's not often you get it right, but once again your wrong :roll:


Well he as named 19 for tonight:- Annakin, Arundel, Batchelor, Brough, England, Fifta, Hampshire, Hirst, Jones-Bishop, Jowitt, King, Kirmond, Kopczak, Lyne, Miller, Randell, Tanginoa, Tupou, Wood

Are the following all out on loan ?.....Reynolds, Crowther, Hooley, Baldwinson, Kershaw, Wray, Gwaze, Croft and Aydin ?
Posted by Frosties. on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 478
Rep Position: 49th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm
Posts: 9361
What a huge win for us tonight. Great performance in what what like a three point win bringing our points deficit down.

Wakefield also lost their game v St Helens. Leeds moving to 8th place, Huddersfield down to 10th, Wakefield to 9th. Huge games for London and Hull KR on Sunday.
Posted by snowie on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:12 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 773
Rep Position: 16th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 232

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20000
Frosties. wrote:
What a huge win for us tonight. Great performance in what what like a three point win bringing our points deficit down.

Wakefield also lost their game v St Helens. Leeds moving to 8th place, Huddersfield down to 10th, Wakefield to 9th. Huge games for London and Hull KR on Sunday.
it was a very good win and you could of run a few more, hard at the bottom isn't it :wink:
Posted by Mr Dog on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:38 pm
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 177
Rep Position: 160th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1144
Location: Not there
Tigerade wrote:
Well he as named 19 for tonight:- Annakin, Arundel, Batchelor, Brough, England, Fifta, Hampshire, Hirst, Jones-Bishop, Jowitt, King, Kirmond, Kopczak, Lyne, Miller, Randell, Tanginoa, Tupou, Wood

Are the following all out on loan ?.....Reynolds, Crowther, Hooley, Baldwinson, Kershaw, Wray, Gwaze, Croft and Aydin ?


Reynolds has been recalled (although not sure how long into the first 28 days it has been - will be getting close to that though) and any of the others who've already been on loan for 28 days should really be on week by week extensions. If WT have agreed to long term loans with no recall clauses then more fool them.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:49 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1250
Rep Position: 2nd / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13742
Mr Dog wrote:
Reynolds has been recalled (although not sure how long into the first 28 days it has been - will be getting close to that though) and any of the others who've already been on loan for 28 days should really be on week by week extensions. If WT have agreed to long term loans with no recall clauses then more fool them.


With respect to all of the players mentioned, are any of them better than what we have.
There are serious questions to be asked about how impotent we are with ball in hand but, the games are being lost in the middle, plus some long standing questions about our defensive structure.
Ashurst and Arona are huge misses for us and Pauli has proven to be ok with ball in hand but utterly idle in defence, a luxury that we can ill afford.
Posted by Mr Dog on Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:37 am
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 177
Rep Position: 160th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1144
Location: Not there
wrencat1873 wrote:
With respect to all of the players mentioned, are any of them better than what we have.
There are serious questions to be asked about how impotent we are with ball in hand but, the games are being lost in the middle, plus some long standing questions about our defensive structure.
Ashurst and Arona are huge misses for us and Pauli has proven to be ok with ball in hand but utterly idle in defence, a luxury that we can ill afford.


My reply was pointing out that having players out on long term loan shouldn't be an excuse for a shortage of available players, which was implied to be the case a few posts back.
Posted by Frosties. on Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:54 pm
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 478
Rep Position: 49th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm
Posts: 9361
Leeds (-58 - 18) - Catalan H, St Helens H, London A, Salford H, Warrington H.

Wakefield (-127 - 18) - Hull FC H, Hull KR A, Wigan H, Warrington A, London H.

Huddersfield (-131 - 18) - Salford A, Hull FC A, Castleford H, St Helens A, Catalan H.

Hull KR (-187 - 18) - Wigan A, Wakefield H, Catalan A, London H, Salford A

London (-250 - 16) - Castleford A, Catalan A, Leeds H, Hull KR A, Wakefield A.
Posted by infamous grouse on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm
infamous grouse Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 30
Rep Position: 294th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:04 pm
Posts: 174
Frosties. wrote:
Leeds (-58 - 18) - Catalan H, St Helens H, London A, Salford H, Warrington H.

Wakefield (-127 - 18) - Hull FC H, Hull KR A, Wigan H, Warrington A, London H.

Huddersfield (-131 - 18) - Salford A, Hull FC A, Castleford H, St Helens A, Catalan H.

Hull KR (-187 - 18) - Wigan A, Wakefield H, Catalan A, London H, Salford A

London (-250 - 16) - Castleford A, Catalan A, Leeds H, Hull KR A, Wakefield A.


It looks like the Wakefield v London game at the end of the season will be the decider
Posted by The Devil's Advocate on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 134
Rep Position: 193rd / 78,075

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 pm
Posts: 3715
Location: In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
This year is turning into a real nail-biter, forget all the guff in previous seasons about "every minute counts" or whatever it was, every club has something to play for.

Whether the bottom five or top seven, it's all still in the melting pot, & because every team still has an incentive it's so difficult to call which way a game will go.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I feel like Leeds & Hull K.R. are almost over the line, but Wakefield, Huddersfield & London's fixtures look very tricky, then again didn't Huddersfield inexplicably turn Salford over a few weeks ago?

London only have one home game left now, against a rejuvenated Leeds, their best chance of an away victory is obviously against Wakefield, but by then they may have to win by about fifty, which is probably doable!
Why aren't Locksmiths classed as key workers?

Dominic Cummings & The E.R.G. - The real enemies of the people.
Posted by Wigg'n on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 135th / 78,075

Quiz Score: 80

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6522
Think London are gone. Can’t see them picking up any more points. Even if they beat Wakefield their pts difference will relegate them.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Towns88, TURFEDOUT, Willzay and 104 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,038,92297978,0754,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
18-0
ST.GEORGE
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CRONULLA
16-28
WESTS TIGERS
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
6-22
CANBERRA
TOMORROW 07:05
NRL
PENRITH
v
NEWCASTLE
TOMORROW 09:30
NRL
MANLY
v
CANTERBURY
Thu 4th Jun 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Fri 5th Jun 09:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
NZ WARRIORS
Fri 5th Jun 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SOUTHS
Sat 6th Jun 08:30
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
MANLY
Sat 6th Jun 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CRONULLA
Sun 7th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NEWCASTLE
Sun 7th Jun 09:30
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
WESTS TIGERS
Mon 8th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
ST.GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)