WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - O'Loughlin
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 am
Posted by jonh on Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 am
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 111th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17061
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Cruncher wrote:
'When fit' are the keywords, Jon.

This isn't something we can just dismiss because we wish it was otherwise.

A few minutes each game is not good enough at this level, and it disadvantages us from the start in that it almsot immediately wastes a bench-spot.


Locky doesn’t play last night, we lose in my opinion.

Changed the momentum of the game instrumental in the set that lead to the 8 point try.

He needs a long rest now, which he will get due to the pec injury sadly.

A good opportunity to rest the body and one last go at it next year.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 am
Posted by MadDogg on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 am
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 244
Rep Position: 101st / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7219
Location: The Mighty Wigan
jonh wrote:
Locky doesn’t play last night, we lose in my opinion.

Changed the momentum of the game instrumental in the set that lead to the 8 point try.

He needs a long rest now, which he will get due to the pec injury sadly.

A good opportunity to rest the body and one last go at it next year.


In fairness Lam probably felt like he had no other option but to play him every week during tough times early on. He probably also didn't have full knowledge of his injury record and how Wane used to carefully manage his workload (i.e. 2 or 3 games then a rest etc).

In total he's played 19 games this year - exactly the same amount as in 2018 and 2016. In 2017 he played 26 games.

If he was to play some games next year I'd be taking it back another notch where he would primarily be a trainee coach who could play a handful of games if it was felt it was needed. We can't be reliant on him any more and we can't have more games when he breaks down after a few minutes leaving us with 16.

He might have already decided to finish before the injury for all we know.
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 am
Posted by Sweaty Betty's on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 am
Sweaty Betty's User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 119
Rep Position: 187th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Posts: 839
MadDogg wrote:
In fairness Lam probably felt like he had no other option but to play him every week during tough times early on. He probably also didn't have full knowledge of his injury record and how Wane used to carefully manage his workload (i.e. 2 or 3 games then a rest etc).

In total he's played 19 games this year - exactly the same amount as in 2018 and 2016. In 2017 he played 26 games.

If he was to play some games next year I'd be taking it back another notch where he would primarily be a trainee coach who could play a handful of games if it was felt it was needed. We can't be reliant on him any more and we can't have more games when he breaks down after a few minutes leaving us with 16.

He might have already decided to finish before the injury for all we know.


Reading his views on Burgess he has indicated that he will be playing alongside him next season.
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:28 pm
Posted by hengirl on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:28 pm
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 203
Rep Position: 128th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:16 am
Posts: 772
If it is a pec injury then I’d assume that’s Lockers season done with.
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:31 pm
Posted by apollosghost on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:31 pm
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 164
Rep Position: 149th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1233
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:34 pm
Posted by ChrisA on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:34 pm
ChrisA User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 88
Rep Position: 215th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 1515
Location: Oldham.
He only plays finals now.
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:38 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:38 pm
Bigredwarrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 510
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 2604
Bring him out for the grand final or rest him up if he’s gonna play next season. He needs to pull out of international rugby league to prolong his club career if he intends to play on. I hope he does.
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:57 pm
Posted by apollosghost on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:57 pm
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 164
Rep Position: 149th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1233
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Bigredwarrior wrote:
Bring him out for the grand final or rest him up if he’s gonna play next season. He needs to pull out of international rugby league to prolong his club career if he intends to play on. I hope he does.


I think the club should be firm on this, if he decides he wants to go around one more time then they should tell him it depends on him retiring from rep football.
If he goes on this year's tour he'll miss the start of next season, guaranteed.
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:12 pm
Posted by bazdev on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:12 pm
bazdev Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 273rd / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 619
apollosghost wrote:
I think the club should be firm on this, if he decides he wants to go around one more time then they should tell him it depends on him retiring from rep football.
If he goes on this year's tour he'll miss the start of next season, guaranteed.


Absolute nonsense. Lockers has put his body on the line for this club and captaining a GB tour would arguably be the pinnacle of his career, if hes selected he should be allowed to go and sign off his international career in style.

The lack of respect on this thread alone astounds me, he is one of Wigan's greatest players and stayed loyal through the bad times when he could easily have gone elsewhere
Re: O'Loughlin
Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 767
Rep Position: 14th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23326
Location: WIGAN
The issue we have with Lockers is you can’t see any pattern in when these injuries come. It’s not like you can say he’s being flogged for 75 mins and picking them up near the end of the game and the injuries seem to vary wildly. He can be fine for weeks and then something goes or as is the case these past few weeks, he can come back from one knock, do 5/10 mins and something goes in a different part of his body.

I’d love to see him play on but because of the reasons I’ve noted, it makes it difficult to say we’ll wrap him in cotton wool and just play him in the big games because he’s as likely to pick up an injury then as he is after playing 8 on the spin.

Sad to say but his time may have come.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CM Punk, FearTheVee, jonh, MadDogg, MattyB, sergeant pepper, The Whiffy Kipper, tugglesf78 and 149 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,979,3142,11677,8924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)