WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2019 l Academy U19s
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:28 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2134
tomtom84 wrote:
Fully agree with all of this Gotcha !!!


I agree also regarding Stephens, my comments was based on his 1st half performance on the wing. Hes a good young player.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:57 am  
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 975
Also agree on Stephens looking better on the wing, which is ideal when you look at how much talent we have at fullback from first team all the way down to U15's. Stephens and Tindall are two of the best wing prospects we'v had for some time imo.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:54 pm  

Charlie Sheen User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 10530
Location: Leeds
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
Also agree on Stephens looking better on the wing, which is ideal when you look at how much talent we have at fullback from first team all the way down to U15's. Stephens and Tindall are two of the best wing prospects we'v had for some time imo.

Not saying much though, is it.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:31 pm  
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 975
Charlie Sheen wrote:
Not saying much though, is it.

Yeah suppose so, il rephrase, first two wingers with first team potential we'v had for some time imo.

Although Ben Marklands started to impress me these last couple month, didnt rate him atall until pretty recently, good footwork and rapid. Type of player who could benefit from the reserves being back possibly.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:45 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1864
It’s generally good that some of these lads will get more time to develop. It’s good for them to mix with first teamers coming back from injury and playing against generally more mature opposition.

It’s also good for fringe first teamers to be able to still play regularly and make their case.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:23 pm  

Charlie Sheen User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 10530
Location: Leeds
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
Yeah suppose so, il rephrase, first two wingers with first team potential we'v had for some time imo.

Although Ben Marklands started to impress me these last couple month, didnt rate him atall until pretty recently, good footwork and rapid. Type of player who could benefit from the reserves being back possibly.


Markland is a tidy winger with great pace. Its difficult to judge the backs at the moment though, as most have got a lot of filling out to do
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:01 pm  

tomtom84 wrote:
tomtom84 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 pm
Posts: 75
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
I agree also regarding Stephens, my comments was based on his 1st half performance on the wing. Hes a good young player.


I agree Marty he’s a brilliant young player X Factor in abundance
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:03 pm  

tomtom84 wrote:
tomtom84 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 pm
Posts: 75
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
Also agree on Stephens looking better on the wing, which is ideal when you look at how much talent we have at fullback from first team all the way down to U15's. Stephens and Tindall are two of the best wing prospects we'v had for some time imo.


Would Stephens be a threat coming out of yardage though Matt. All depends on what the club want from their wingers. He’s not going to be a threat out yardage and may struggle with high balls but put a ball in his hand on attack and he’s a threat and knows where the try line is but is that enough ?
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:07 am  

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 17230
tomtom84 wrote:
Would Stephens be a threat coming out of yardage though Matt. All depends on what the club want from their wingers. He’s not going to be a threat out yardage and may struggle with high balls but put a ball in his hand on attack and he’s a threat and knows where the try line is but is that enough ?


More of a Johnstone type, than a Hall. IMO nothing wrong with that. Think the game has concentrated too much on size, and lost a lot of skill with backs. Whether that means he can fit in though, only time will tell.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:31 am  
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 975
tomtom84 wrote:
Would Stephens be a threat coming out of yardage though Matt. All depends on what the club want from their wingers. He’s not going to be a threat out yardage and may struggle with high balls but put a ball in his hand on attack and he’s a threat and knows where the try line is but is that enough ?

I think he'l be fine coming out of yardage personally, he's never going to be the tallest but he'l be a well put together thing, you can already see he's starting to look bigger than he did start of this season. Dont forget, he's one of the youngest on the pitch any time he plays this season, so he's got a lot of growing to do. He's a late march born first year right now, so he's playing against lads more than 2 years older than him in some cases...with his body type, footwork and acceleration, i dont think his yardage sets will be a problem.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cheekydiddles, christopher, doc-rhino, flipper, FoxyRhino, Jack Burton, Jrrhino, KaeruJim, krisleeds, LeedsLurch, malcadele, marathonman, Richard_W, rugbyleague88, Seth, simonw, Whino4life and 146 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,4321,28578,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X