WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 am
Posted by NSW on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 am
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 128
Rep Position: 175th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 1982
At the moment I see Hankinson taking Sarges role and Bibby taking Hankinsons role
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am
Posted by post on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 170
Rep Position: 145th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4607
stpatricks wrote:
He looked like Greenwood when stood with the other players he has a big frame, we do not seem to have a really quick back row coming through Betts, Houghton, Gilmour, Wild, Tomkins all had the pace of back.


I blame that on the dumbing down of the second row position and it makes me angry when they call them middles. There’s an art to playing prop and an art to playing second row. Look at Liam Farrells line running last night, Willie Isa and Navarette put a shift in but don’t understand the intricacies of playing in the forwards, and they couldn’t run those lines in a month of Sunday’s. This ultimately is what is making the game poorer to watch.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - 1 - Jack Walker 2 - Nick Cotric 3 - TBC 4 - Oliver Gildart 5 - Joe Burgess 6 - George Williams 7 - Adam Reynolds 8 - Jordan McLean 9 - Jayden Brailey 10 - Jarrod Wallace 11 - Jack Williams 12 - Mike McMeekin 13 - Cameron Murray 14 - Christian Welch 15 - Danny Walker
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:04 am
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:04 am
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 450
Rep Position: 41st / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4461
post wrote:
I blame that on the dumbing down of the second row position and it makes me angry when they call them middles. There’s an art to playing prop and an art to playing second row. Look at Liam Farrells line running last night, Willie Isa and Navarette put a shift in but don’t understand the intricacies of playing in the forwards, and they couldn’t run those lines in a month of Sunday’s. This ultimately is what is making the game poorer to watch.


Don't think anyone calls SR's middles.

Middles: 8, 10, 13; as they play down the middle.
11, 12: Left and right edge (cos they play left and right edge of the middle)
1: Full back
2,3,4,5: outside backs
9: dummy half
6, 7 left and right pivot

These names are far more true that the old names to be fair.

9 doesn't hook the ball in the scrum
8 and 10 don't prop up the scrum
3 and 4 don't play in the centre of the pitch
7 doesn't play off the half of the scrum
6 doesn't stand off the 7 or even play in the 5/8 anymore

The old positional names are more true of the other code.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 pm
Posted by Levrier on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 pm
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 165
Rep Position: 149th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 1036
post wrote:
I agree. Hankinson cannot be used as a utility player as he isn’t good enough, back up centre I’d give him a chance buts that’s it. If we are after a cheap utility back I’d go for Craig Hall myself. Can play wing, centre and fullback.

Agree about Hankinson getting a poor hand by being used as a utility player but I disagree about him not being good enough. Sarginson should have been drafted in on the wing, as he is a bit sharper, with Hankison in the centre. Hankinson can pass far better than Sarge, this has allowed Marshall to fill his boots on recent games. Sarge tends to snatch at the pass and look hurried but his footwork is more threatening.
Last edited by Levrier on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:00 pm
Posted by Jukesays on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:00 pm
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 261
Rep Position: 96th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 5898
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Levrier wrote:
Agree about Hankinson getting a poor hand by being used as a utility player but I disagree about him not being good enough. Sarginson should have been drafted in on the wing, as he is a bit sharper, with Hankison in the centre. Parkinson can pass far better than Sarge, this has allowed Marshal to fill his boots on recent games. Even when Sarge came back into the team a few weeks ago it was still Hankinson putting Marshal away from second row.


How? I am sure I saw Sarge Pass to Marshall for at least 2 of his tries against HKR on his return???
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 pm
Posted by Levrier on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 pm
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 165
Rep Position: 149th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 1036
Jukesays wrote:
How? I am sure I saw Sarge Pass to Marshall for at least 2 of his tries against HKR on his return???

You are right. On both occasions Hankinson gave the ball to Sarge who passed to Marshall. I still think that Hankinson has been more comfortable passing to the right. Sarge still tends to look like he has been tazered when passing.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Posted by Pieman on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 121st / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 3071
Location: Atherton
Jukesays wrote:
How? I am sure I saw Sarge Pass to Marshall for at least 2 of his tries against HKR on his return???


and a lovely pass to Hankinson last night
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 am
Posted by JonnyBroad on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 am
JonnyBroad Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 74
Rep Position: 224th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 174
Levrier wrote:
You are right. On both occasions Hankinson gave the ball to Sarge who passed to Marshall. I still think that Hankinson has been more comfortable passing to the right. Sarge still tends to look like he has been tazered when passing.


And on both occasions Sam Powell started the move.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 am
Posted by Itchy Arsenal on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 am
Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 116
Rep Position: 186th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 1479
Location: God's little acre
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Don't think anyone calls SR's middles.

Middles: 8, 10, 13; as they play down the middle.
11, 12: Left and right edge (cos they play left and right edge of the middle)
1: Full back
2,3,4,5: outside backs
9: dummy half
6, 7 left and right pivot

These names are far more true that the old names to be fair.

9 doesn't hook the ball in the scrum
8 and 10 don't prop up the scrum
3 and 4 don't play in the centre of the pitch
7 doesn't play off the half of the scrum
6 doesn't stand off the 7 or even play in the 5/8 anymore

The old positional names are more true of the other code.


Why don't we call middles centres?

Outside backs assumes they are interchangeable which for most players definitely isn't the case so do we have right outside back, right inside outside back, left outside back and left inside outside back?

It's tuff to d the old names but someone has to hit their straps and defend the old positions on the paddock.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:45 am
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:45 am
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 450
Rep Position: 41st / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4461
Itchy Arsenal wrote:
Why don't we call middles centres?

Outside backs assumes they are interchangeable which for most players definitely isn't the case so do we have right outside back, right inside outside back, left outside back and left inside outside back?

It's tuff to d the old names but someone has to hit their straps and defend the old positions on the paddock.


I've suddenly just lost all energy in my body.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Akinwale Arobieke, Arthur Warrior, Cherry_&_White, Guerrier, jaws1, MattyB, MelbourneWarrior, Rogues Gallery, tugglesf78, wigginswarrior and 229 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,958,2581,70377,8244,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 26th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 27th Sep 10:50
NRL
CANBERRA
v
SOUTHS
Fri 27th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 28th Sep 10:50
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
MELBOURNE STORM
Sun 29th Sep 12:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
DONCASTER
Sun 29th Sep 13:00
WSL
ST.HELENSW
v
CASTLEFORDW
Sun 29th Sep 14:00
WSL
LEEDSW
v
WIGANW
Sun 29th Sep 14:00
WSL
BRADFORDW
v
YORKW
Sun 29th Sep 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
WAKEFIELDW
Sun 29th Sep 18:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
FEATHERSTONE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)