WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Embarrassing

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Embarrassing

Embarrassing
Post Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 pm
Posted by ricardo07 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 pm
ricardo07 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 104
Rep Position: 212th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 am
Posts: 389
Location: Walton, Wakefield
What a disgrace that was tonight.

Who is going to accept ownership of such a performance.

We are now into the third month of underperformance and no action has been taken to address the threat of relegation.

We seemed to be strong in attack earlier in the season and this masked our inability to defend.
Our average points against is an absolute disgrace and I fail to understand why this has not been seen as a priority to address. Tonight there was a lack of willingness to put bodies on the line and numerous tries were scored without a tackle being made. This smacks of a side not being fit enough or worse still a lack of effort.

It is the job of the coach to sort this out and CC has failed miserably.

We defend poorly and instead of quickly moving up forward at the play the ball we are slow and therefore put little pressure on the opposition. Indeed when errors are made and the ball hits the floor we rarely capitalise on the mistake thereby allowing the opposition time to recover. Similarly we hang back instead of pressuring opponents, a fact illustrated by George William's tonight when he was allowed to run across the field without a hand being laid upon him prior to delivering a defence splitting pass which led to a score.

Presently our attack has dried up because our half backs are not running at the defence before making a pass. Consequently our attack is constantly flat footed and easily defended by the opposition. Our three quarters have lost all their confidence and no longer can attack or defend. Our forwards lack aggression and lose all battles in terms of domination.

Something has changed but can the coach fix it.

I don't think so. He has failed to drop underperforming players and stuck with favourites when they have not deserved his support.

Questions now need to be asked as to whether the dressing room has been lost. I hope not because Chester deserves better but if the players are letting him down it is his job to sort it and presently he is failing to do so.

Time is running out and anyone putting their faith in beating London in the last game of the year is a fool.

We need to be taking action in the next 2 weeks before we go to St Helen's. We have not conceded 50 so far but a cricket score awaits if we don't sort it now!
Re: Embarrassing
Post Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:14 pm
Posted by Wakefield City on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:14 pm
Wakefield City Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 150
Rep Position: 169th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Posts: 325
ricardo07 wrote:
What a disgrace that was tonight.

Who is going to accept ownership of such a performance.

We are now into the third month of underperformance and no action has been taken to address the threat of relegation.

We seemed to be strong in attack earlier in the season and this masked our inability to defend.
Our average points against is an absolute disgrace and I fail to understand why this has not been seen as a priority to address. Tonight there was a lack of willingness to put bodies on the line and numerous tries were scored without a tackle being made. This smacks of a side not being fit enough or worse still a lack of effort.

It is the job of the coach to sort this out and CC has failed miserably.

We defend poorly and instead of quickly moving up forward at the play the ball we are slow and therefore put little pressure on the opposition. Indeed when errors are made and the ball hits the floor we rarely capitalise on the mistake thereby allowing the opposition time to recover. Similarly we hang back instead of pressuring opponents, a fact illustrated by George William's tonight when he was allowed to run across the field without a hand being laid upon him prior to delivering a defence splitting pass which led to a score.

Presently our attack has dried up because our half backs are not running at the defence before making a pass. Consequently our attack is constantly flat footed and easily defended by the opposition. Our three quarters have lost all their confidence and no longer can attack or defend. Our forwards lack aggression and lose all battles in terms of domination.

Something has changed but can the coach fix it.

I don't think so. He has failed to drop underperforming players and stuck with favourites when they have not deserved his support.

Questions now need to be asked as to whether the dressing room has been lost. I hope not because Chester deserves better but if the players are letting him down it is his job to sort it and presently he is failing to do so.

Time is running out and anyone putting their faith in beating London in the last game of the year is a fool.

We need to be taking action in the next 2 weeks before we go to St Helen's. We have not conceded 50 so far but a cricket score awaits if we don't sort it now!


Agree, the last 3-4 years hard work has been undone with the last 10 weeks lack of effort.
Re: Embarrassing
Post Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:18 pm
Posted by BOJ042 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:18 pm
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 117th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 898
Our attack has been bad for 3 years
Re: Embarrassing
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 am
Posted by wakeytrin on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 am
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 238
Rep Position: 110th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
The club will find it increasingly hard to sell season tickets for next year if the slide continues.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Embarrassing
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 am
Posted by Emley Cat on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 am
Emley Cat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 305th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 344

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 513
BOJ042 wrote:
Our attack has been bad for 3 years



Don't agree with that at all, our attack has generally been pretty potent since Chester came in ( until recently that is. ) Defence on the other hand has been nothing short of pathetic. We concede try after try from every angle, at least 6 a game. You won't win any games conceding at that rate. Get the goal line defence sorted and we may stand a chance. I have been hoping for an improvement week on week but it seems to be getting worse???
Re: Embarrassing
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 am
Posted by snowie on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 727
Rep Position: 15th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 232

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 19471
maybe we should revert to the same tactics they used to play at the swan with two necks where the player used to bend over and another player used to kick the ball as hard as he could up his arris :roll:
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS
Re: Embarrassing
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 328
Rep Position: 74th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1480
BOJ042 wrote:
Our attack has been bad for 3 years


Since when! 2016/17/18 we were one of the highest-scoring teams in the comp, we had three wingers who regularly got close to or over 20 tries a season! You do talk some trash at times.

This year, however, it has been appalling in recent month
Re: Embarrassing
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:05 pm
Posted by Redscat on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:05 pm
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 240
Rep Position: 109th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 1463
What disappoints me more than anything during this last couple of months is the way that MC and the Board have maintained total anonymity. No words of apology for such a poor product on display; explanations of such, or how they intend to rectify the situation.....total silence. Mr C seems very much a "fair weather" sort of person. If eveything is going ok he pops on here with the odd joke or comment. but in these darker times, NOTHING.

We spectators are major stakeholders in your business, Mr C and as such are entitled to an explanation.
Re: Embarrassing
Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Posted by Little willy on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Little willy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 255th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 am
Posts: 115
Redscat wrote:
What disappoints me more than anything during this last couple of months is the way that MC and the Board have maintained total anonymity. No words of apology for such a poor product on display; explanations of such, or how they intend to rectify the situation.....total silence. Mr C seems very much a "fair weather" sort of person. If eveything is going ok he pops on here with the odd joke or comment. but in these darker times, NOTHING.

We spectators are major stakeholders in your business, Mr C and as such are entitled to an explanation.


I'd prefer action more than an explanation but your right in what you say
Re: Embarrassing
Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:31 am
Posted by PopTart on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:31 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 992
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12294
Location: wakefield
Redscat wrote:
What disappoints me more than anything during this last couple of months is the way that MC and the Board have maintained total anonymity. No words of apology for such a poor product on display; explanations of such, or how they intend to rectify the situation.....total silence. Mr C seems very much a "fair weather" sort of person. If eveything is going ok he pops on here with the odd joke or comment. but in these darker times, NOTHING.

We spectators are major stakeholders in your business, Mr C and as such are entitled to an explanation.


1 He's got better things to be doing. I'd rather he did them.
2 We are customers not stakeholders
3 He'd just get loads of grief if he came on here.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,60175977,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)