Feb 16 200519 years311th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 14:3619th Apr 24 13:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:55 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
That corner? It happened closer to the middle of the pitch. It will certainly make interesting viewing because although Tangata is off the floor it looked like he simply pushed Wood. There was a lot to watch from that point and at one point I thought a Leigh player was laying in to a fax lad while the fax lad was been held back by a few Leigh players. Certainly the officials did not think the first tackle warranted a penalty otherwise the whistle would have gone when the ball came down. I cant wait for the video, from a Fax point of view abouts the most interesting thing that happened all afternoon. :D

On that note how soon do Leigh normally get the video out? Our media department has been pretty poor for a few months now and its rare we even get highlights never mind a full game

Watching the highlights on LCTV, touch judge was on as soon as Tangata made the challenge. Can't really say much about the punch up, the cameraman understandably didn't seem to know which bit of play to follow.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 21 18:172nd Apr 20 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:24 pm  
Norman Bates wrote:
Are you sharing Toronto’s salary cap?

Norman ,it’s just been announced we have re signed Jordan Thompson on permenant contract,with immeadiate effect. :thumb:
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 20 07:1217th Mar 20 21:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 pm  
That corner? It happened closer to the middle of the pitch. It will certainly make interesting viewing because although Tangata is off the floor it looked like he simply pushed Wood. There was a lot to watch from that point and at one point I thought a Leigh player was laying in to a fax lad while the fax lad was been held back by a few Leigh players. Certainly the officials did not think the first tackle warranted a penalty otherwise the whistle would have gone when the ball came down. I cant wait for the video, from a Fax point of view abouts the most interesting thing that happened all afternoon. :D

On that note how soon do Leigh normally get the video out? Our media department has been pretty poor for a few months now and its rare we even get highlights never mind a full game

Hi 'GFB'.

I've not watched the video/DVD/whatever the recordings are called these days, but my initial view on the incidents, was that they were very much a case of 'six of one and half a dozen of the other'. It's a very physical game, and these little misunderstandings are always likely to occur!I would have thought that a sin binning for each of us, in both incidents would have possibly dealt with things fairly. It could well be that the Disciplinary eventually mete out punishments equally!

As for the game, we were definitely convincing winners, just as you were at the Shay. Maybe you suffered a reaction to the Challenge cup game, maybe you missed Murrell, when he was injured, but it's all gone now, and roll on the next meeting between us, although that may well be next season, unless we both make it into the top 5.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 201014 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Nov 23 07:519th Jul 23 16:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:
Norman ,it’s just been announced we have re signed Jordan Thompson on permenant contract,with immeadiate effect. :thumb:

Say no more. :wink:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9336
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 16:2318th Apr 24 07:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 pm  
Alan wrote:
Hi 'GFB'.

I've not watched the video/DVD/whatever the recordings are called these days, but my initial view on the incidents, was that they were very much a case of 'six of one and half a dozen of the other'. It's a very physical game, and these little misunderstandings are always likely to occur!I would have thought that a sin binning for each of us, in both incidents would have possibly dealt with things fairly. It could well be that the Disciplinary eventually mete out punishments equally!

As for the game, we were definitely convincing winners, just as you were at the Shay. Maybe you suffered a reaction to the Challenge cup game, maybe you missed Murrell, when he was injured, but it's all gone now, and roll on the next meeting between us, although that may well be next season, unless we both make it into the top 5.

Watching the highlights I were probably a bit harsh on Wood. I don't think Tangata's tackle is late but it is 2 feet off the floor and high, I don't think bad enough for a red as it looks a push but yellow we couldnt have moaned about. I can't see what Flemming does as the camera moves but assuming the linesman was in a good position he probably got what he deserved. The other stuff I have a problem with is Sam Brooks, who I have no idea how he didnt get sent off swinging bombs while our player is held back defenceless in front of the lino. The Leigh no 11 also gets a couple of cheapshots in and Thornley got a few in although Thornley's didn't look as bad but would have liked to see the full incident as I doubt he just stood there while Flemming threw punches. I think Tangata Yellow and Flemming Red would probably have been fair but at least 2 Leigh players should have been red carded for the afters so Im not quite sure how all that got missed.

Not a gripe at the result like as we were totally outclassed and never looked at the races. Anyway its not a Leigh V Halifax match without a bit of fire is it. :D
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm  
Watching the highlights I were probably a bit harsh on Wood. I don't think Tangata's tackle is late but it is 2 feet off the floor and high, I don't think bad enough for a red as it looks a push but yellow we couldnt have moaned about. I can't see what Flemming does as the camera moves but assuming the linesman was in a good position he probably got what he deserved. The other stuff I have a problem with is Sam Brooks, who I have no idea how he didnt get sent off swinging bombs while our player is held back defenceless in front of the lino. The Leigh no 11 also gets a couple of cheapshots in and Thornley got a few in although Thornley's didn't look as bad but would have liked to see the full incident as I doubt he just stood there while Flemming threw punches. I think Tangata Yellow and Flemming Red would probably have been fair but at least 2 Leigh players should have been red carded for the afters so Im not quite sure how all that got missed.

Not a gripe at the result like as we were totally outclassed and never looked at the races. Anyway its not a Leigh V Halifax match without a bit of fire is it. :D

Like I said on initial thoughts - 'six of one and half a dozen of the other'. Our highlights don't show much of the fracas after Tangata's (slightly) late and high shot. In my opinion, it was high, but not with any particular force. Our cameraman follows the ball, and only belatedly pans back to show a Leigh player throwing punches. Much of the punishment is likely to come from the ref/tj's evidence and I suspect that punishment might be somewhat different to that doled out by the ref. :wink: Although you never know - Adamson's citing at the Summer Bash, certainly wasn't for what the Sky team showed! :wink:
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:35 pm  
Jacob Fairbank (Halifax) – Grade A Punching – 0 Match Penalty Notice
Dan Fleming (Halifax) – Grade A Punching – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Sam Brooks (Leigh) – Grade B Punching – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Toby Adamson (Leigh) – Grade A Punching – 0 Match Penalty Notice
James Woodburn-Hall (Halifax) – Grade A Punching – 0 Match Penalty Notice

I should have looked at the RFL website, before my last post. Punishments meted out equally, as I suspected. Brooks' offence was considered more serious than Fleming's - with the same outcome! It doesn't look like they thought Tangata's challenge was worthy of punishment - which I think is fair enough.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1062No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 24 201212 years181st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 21:0316th Apr 24 09:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 am  
Alan wrote:
Brooks' offence was considered more serious than Fleming's - with the same outcome!

This almost certainly relates to previous records - the guidelines for Grade A punching are 0-1 games depending on whether they have previuously been found guilty during a certain timeframe, and for Grade B punching it would be 1-2 games, again depending on previous record.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 21 18:172nd Apr 20 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:34 pm  
Norman Bates wrote:
Say no more. :wink:

Norman, just been announced we have signed Corey Patterson, who played for at Toronto last season,with another signing to be announced very soon. :shock:
RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 201014 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Nov 23 07:519th Jul 23 16:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh v Halifax : Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:37 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:
Norman, just been announced we have signed Corey Patterson, who played for at Toronto last season,with another signing to be announced very soon. :shock:

Bloody hell this is getting beyond a joke.

But, that’s a good signing, will he be allowed to play against Toronto, they are usually pretty tight on this if they can.
PreviousNext