WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Team for Salford

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Team for Salford

Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 am
Posted by homme vaste on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 am
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 445
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 184

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1470
Location: Tomorrowland
wrencat1873 wrote:
I dont think anyone is writing him off.
This was all in response to a certain poster writing off half of the current side and wanting to replace them with just about anyone, regardless of their ability to play in the positions that suited that particular poster's agenda.
All youngsters develop at differing speeds and some dont make the grade but, that's a whole different subject to wanting to replace 4/5 first team regulars with untried youngsters (Reynolds apart) although our "friend" wanted him to play #9.


Avenger posted "Gwaze is never going to be SL level " if that is not writing him off then I don`t know what is?

Lets not get dragged down to the posters level.
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 am
Posted by TheDreadnought on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 am
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 54th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 765
PopTart wrote:
So you want to play a guy with a broken hand at full back?
A prop who has never played super league at 13
A half back at hooker
And a young prop who I think is still actually competing his studies at college.

Sure. You're not trolling at all.


Please do not derail the thread.

Hampshire - Max Jowitt - As already mentioned I swapped Max to Hooley.

Hirst- Yusuf Aydin - Aydin is literally known for his effectiveness at loose forward during his time at Eastmoor (albeit amateur). Does this mean he should never get his chance because he's never played there?

Randell - Ben Reynolds "Half back at hooker" Kyle Wood was originally a halfback? Reynolds as I said earlier has played 1, 6, 7, 9, 13 and I beleive back in the Champ days he played on the wing.

Crowther -Titus Gwaze Why have him in our squad if the excuse of college means he can't play rugby?
“Yeah, I’ve been about a bit”
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 am
Posted by TheDreadnought on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 am
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 54th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 765
financialtimes wrote:
I suggest you go and watch a few academy games as he hasn't played in one this season, he's been out on loan, he is sa totally different kind of player to Jordy and offers no where near the work rate in defence, and can only run in a straight line as most props do, you do know Jordy is a 2nd rower/loose forward don't you?
Seems you don't watch many games :CRAZY:


Jesus... at what point did I state I'd watched him this season?
“Yeah, I’ve been about a bit”
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am
Posted by PopTart on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 976
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12233
Location: wakefield
TheDreadnought wrote:
Please do not derail the thread.

Hampshire - Max Jowitt - As already mentioned I swapped Max to Hooley.

Hirst- Yusuf Aydin - Aydin is literally known for his effectiveness at loose forward during his time at Eastmoor (albeit amateur). Does this mean he should never get his chance because he's never played there?

Randell - Ben Reynolds "Half back at hooker" Kyle Wood was originally a halfback? Reynolds as I said earlier has played 1, 6, 7, 9, 13 and I beleive back in the Champ days he played on the wing.

Crowther -Titus Gwaze Why have him in our squad if the excuse of college means he can't play rugby?


Nothing says they can't play those positions but to choose them randomly to fill positions for the first time is just not right for them or the club.
If you want to replace Crowther (which I wouldn't but it's your choice) you have King, Batch, Annakin, Randall and Tanginoa all with more experience than the kid who is still learning his trade. You'd cause more damage than good.
But you knew that already of course.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am
Posted by PopTart on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 976
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12233
Location: wakefield
TheDreadnought wrote:
Jesus... at what point did I state I'd watched him this season?


You suggested a poster above go watch some games rather than use Google..... So I'm assuming your logic for these picks is in fact from Google then?
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 am
Posted by PopTart on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 976
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12233
Location: wakefield
To get back on track I think id go with this team.

Rocky
Kershaw
MCB
Lyne
BJB
Miller
Brough
Fifita
Randell
England
Kirmond
Kelepi
Crowther

Wood
Hirst
Pauli
King

Assuming Ashurst, Batch and Tupou are still out.
Croft saved for another day. If Tupou plays I'd probably put MCB on the wing but I do like Kershaw.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am
Posted by TheDreadnought on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 54th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 765
PopTart wrote:
Nothing says they can't play those positions but to choose them randomly to fill positions for the first time is just not right for them or the club.
If you want to replace Crowther (which I wouldn't but it's your choice) you have King, Batch, Annakin, Randall and Tanginoa all with more experience than the kid who is still learning his trade. You'd cause more damage than good.
But you knew that already of course.


That's quite hypocritical wouldn't you say? James Batchelor aged 21 with 28 SL games under his belt, personally I would say he's also still learning his trade and Batch has prodimiatley played in the SR so I reckon it'd be fair to say you'd cause more damage than good.

But you knew that already of course.
“Yeah, I’ve been about a bit”
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 am
Posted by TheDreadnought on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 am
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 54th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 765
PopTart wrote:
You suggested a poster above go watch some games rather than use Google..... So I'm assuming your logic for these picks is in fact from Google then?


I'd don't know why you're trying so hard to make out that I'm trolling but no, you assumed wrong. I went down and watched him in the academy but not once did I state that it was this season.
“Yeah, I’ve been about a bit”
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:38 am
Posted by Willzay on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:38 am
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 792
Rep Position: 10th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 8875
Sacred Cow wrote:
Not sure about Salfords form, they’ve lost their last four games. Chuck in a couple of injuries they’ve got and i reckon we’ve a decent chance.


We couldn’t score against Leeds - and Brough even missed the penalty kick. Either our attack steps up or Salford’s defence crumbles, perhaps both have to happen.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Re: Team for Salford
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:59 am
Posted by The Avenger on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:59 am
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 167
Rep Position: 146th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 3935
homme vaste wrote:
Avenger posted "Gwaze is never going to be SL level " if that is not writing him off then I don`t know what is?

Lets not get dragged down to the posters level.


Gwaze is no where near SL level and IMO won’t make it to that standard. I understand that he’s still developing but he’s a long way off
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 60sCat, Big lads mate, Dunkirk Spirit, Fishermanscap, Jethro Gibbs, JINJER, Khlav Kalash, Mick Amos 9 WTW, musson, RickK, Sandal Cat, Shifty Cat, The Phantom Horseman, Trinity 61, wakeytrin and 145 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,977,8331,78377,8894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Thu 6th Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)