WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Rumours and signings v9

Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14557
MelbourneWarrior wrote:
Not sure how strong the links to Christian Welch are. But unfortunately, he is now facing a knee reconstruction. Limped off at half-time against Wests. Probably out for the season and it is the knee he injured before.


I don't think there've been any actual links to Welch. Or McKeeken for that matter.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 3:44 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1154
Cruncher wrote:
I don't think there've been any actual links to Welch. Or McKeeken for that matter.


Welch was mentioned by someone on here but I have seen nothing more, McMeeken was just pulled out of the air as someone who would improve us, same as Watts.
At the moment there seems genuine links to Clark (done deal) Aktin, Josh Jones, Jackson Hastings and Corey Jensen.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4955
sergeant pepper wrote:
If quality players become available then you have to be in with a shout. It's a cliché, but you never know what's around the corner. At one point in time Wigan had HH, Hock, Joel, Hughes & Faz all competing for 2 spots, but in the space of a few seasons only Fax was left. I doubt many fans would have predicted that.

Whilst it might not be a priority, it could have a decent impact on the overall team too. McMeeken & Greenwood would give us a quality/massive 2nd row partnership. That might help lay a better platform for guys like Sammut or help Sarge in defence as well.


You see your back row then? In the backs we had Richards, Carmont, Bowen/Tomkins, Smith and Blake Green. Is someone telling me that the money that paid for them is being spent on what we have now? No chance, not even half.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 5:49 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1154
post wrote:
You see your back row then? In the backs we had Richards, Carmont, Bowen/Tomkins, Smith and Blake Green. Is someone telling me that the money that paid for them is being spent on what we have now? No chance, not even half.


6 of our first choice back 7 are internationals and the only one who isn’t would have been without injury so I wouldn’t be so sure.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 6:27 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4955
CobraCraig wrote:
6 of our first choice back 7 are internationals and the only one who isn’t would have been without injury so I wouldn’t be so sure.


My point was we had decent backs and forwards, whereas now only our backs are half decent.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1154
post wrote:
My point was we had decent backs and forwards, whereas now only our backs are half decent.


It doesn’t help that some of the players have gone down hill since getting contracts, Clubb and Tautai could be on pretty high wages which seems terrible business now but at the time they where deemed worth it. IL has said we are pretty much at our cap limit and now we have the marquee rule we will be spending more, so your theory is wrong....unless IL is lying.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6330
CobraCraig wrote:
It doesn’t help that some of the players have gone down hill since getting contracts, Clubb and Tautai could be on pretty high wages which seems terrible business now but at the time they where deemed worth it. IL has said we are pretty much at our cap limit and now we have the marquee rule we will be spending more, so your theory is wrong....unless IL is lying.


Well he does have form...
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 7:27 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6330
sergeant pepper wrote:
If quality players become available then you have to be in with a shout. It's a cliché, but you never know what's around the corner. At one point in time Wigan had HH, Hock, Joel, Hughes & Faz all competing for 2 spots, but in the space of a few seasons only Fax was left. I doubt many fans would have predicted that.

Whilst it might not be a priority, it could have a decent impact on the overall team too. McMeeken & Greenwood would give us a quality/massive 2nd row partnership. That might help lay a better platform for guys like Sammut or help Sarge in defence as well.


I agree with everything in your post other than “lay a better platform for guys like Sammut”

Players like Sammut should never be signed by a SL side vying for titles and cups. He should be nowhere near a Wigan shirt and is a far cry from the quality we want and need.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 7:55 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1154
I see Mitch Clark is playing for cas, putting the rumour he’s been frozen out to bed.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pm  

User avatarAshton Bears wrote:
Ashton Bears User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 1248
Location: Around the three Sisters
Was not impressed running round like a headless chicken
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adi, Cherry toffee, Cherry_&_White, Choc Ice, CyberPieMan, Egg Chasing, JIMMY MAGNETS, Jukesays, KingRoss11, LewCharnock, LondonRobster, MadDogg, moto748, NickyKiss, Pieman, sergeant pepper, SubjectNine, wigginswarrior and 189 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,4441,26578,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X