WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Halifax RLFC v bulls.

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Halifax RLFC v bulls.

Halifax RLFC v bulls.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 378
Rep Position: 56th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

It's spring, that time of year when there is a distinct aroma of bullish!t in the air. Bulls fans descending on The Shay from their homes all over...well Halifax. Boring us with tales of past greatness when the map of the world was pink and The British ruled India. Pretending they're still in SL and not in 'our' league. Let battle commence. Can Fax build on last week's cup win against London, or will the bullies still be on a high after their comeback against Fev? It's about time we got some consistency and fingers crossed, with home advantage I'll go with Fax by 14 points. Up The Fax!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Halifax RLFC v bulls.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:51 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:51 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 498
Rep Position: 37th / 77,850

Hudd-Shay wrote:
It's spring, that time of year when there is a distinct aroma of bullish!t in the air. Bulls fans descending on The Shay from their homes all over...well Halifax. Boring us with tales of past greatness when the map of the world was pink and The British ruled India. Pretending they're still in SL and not in 'our' league. Let battle commence. Can Fax build on last week's cup win against London, or will the bullies still be on a high after their comeback against Fev? It's about time we got some consistency and fingers crossed, with home advantage I'll go with Fax by 14 points. Up The Fax!

Look on the positive side Pete.At least you will see a decent crowd,you will be outnumbered but the crowd will be good.
I’m forecasting a very close game Fax 18 v Bulls 24.And on Easter Monday Toulouse 34 v Fax 10, so a disappointing Easter for a Fax.

My tips for Leigh are Widnes 28 v Leigh 16 on Good Friday, and Leigh 30 v Dews 16 on Easter Monday so a bit better for us.However you know what my tipping is like.

Good news in the Cup though, I think you will beat Dews at Owl Lane, get maybe Saints at the Shay, for another good crowd.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:
Look on the positive side Pete.At least you will see a decent crowd,you will be outnumbered but the crowd will be good.
I’m forecasting a very close game Fax 18 v Bulls 24.And on Easter Monday Toulouse 34 v Fax 10, so a disappointing Easter for a Fax.

My tips for Leigh are Widnes 28 v Leigh 16 on Good Friday, and Leigh 30 v Dews 16 on Easter Monday so a bit better for us.However you know what my tipping is like.

Good news in the Cup though, I think you will beat Dews at Owl Lane, get maybe Saints at the Shay, for another good crowd.

Ian, 10 bullies dosen't 1 Fax fan make. Lol!
Allus do it for Thissen.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:43 pm
Posted by the fax in asia on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:43 pm
the fax in asia User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 69
Rep Position: 235th / 77,850

Thank you Charlie for tipping Bradford and Toulouse.
As always Charlie knows!
Gives Fax hope.
My Humble Opinion Only - let the knockers begin.

Part quote from The Beggars Littany by John Taylor circa 16C

From Hell,Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:06 pm
Posted by jensenFF on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:06 pm
jensenFF Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 121
Rep Position: 188th / 77,850

Its all very dependant on the team RM picks particulary against bfd all those fit from the london game deserve a chance on merit . Is chester butler any where near fit? Brandon moore fit? Those are the only additions that spring to mind . Mind you i thought the welsh lad did very well at hooker. Calcott has to be worth another punt . All good problems to have on selection form should dictate
Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

It's hard to change a winning team but surely Sharpy must come back in.
Allus do it for Thissen.
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:58 pm
Posted by Beaujangles on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:58 pm
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 250
Rep Position: 100th / 77,850

Very critical of RM selections most of time but it looks like Sharp/Fairank/Moore back in for Davies/Cooper/Morris making us as strong as possible for Dulls with a free hit on Monday-think he's got that spot on.
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:04 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:04 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Beaujangles wrote:
Very critical of RM selections most of time but it looks like Sharp/Fairank/Moore back in for Davies/Cooper/Morris making us as strong as possible for Dulls with a free hit on Monday-think he's got that spot on.

I would say so. Up The Fax!
Allus do it for Thissen.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:19 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:19 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 290
Rep Position: 84th / 77,850

If results go as expected in our next 2 games it is going to be a struggle for us to make the top 5 which would be a disaster for the club. Its now time for the BOD to show some bottle and act otherwise our season could be over very quickly. We have gone backwards from last year, once again RM is let loose with the purse strings and fails to deliver. IMO it would be wise to use the prize money from the next round of the cup to pay RM off and give the new coach as long as possible to sort out which players need to go and use the rest of the season to try the younger lads to work out which may be up to it for next season.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:48 am
Posted by faxcar on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:48 am
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 190
Rep Position: 136th / 77,850

Top 5, very difficult now.
On the one hand our slow start has cost us and we have dropped too many points in the opening games looking well off the pace of our rivals.

On the other hand there has been a marked improvement over the last couple of games and there’s definitely the potential for more to come with a few players still to come back into contention but as above likely too late.

Yesterday’s loss was down to one wrong flat pass and just not slowing the play and using our heads to close the game down.

We were the wrong side of a lot of decisions again rightly or wrongly and was the only way Bradford got down the field.

In open running play I don’t think they had one clean break all the game which again emphasises the need of controlled discipline.
Next