WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 786
Rep Position: 11th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3546
Strinket wrote:
Let’s hope Corbyn is smarter than you and sees this for the trap it is.

Whether Brexit does or doesn’t happen as a result of this ‘meeting’, I’ll guarantee you that the blame will be laid at the door of Corbyn/Labour by the MSM.

He should call another vote of no confidence.

You are absolutely right this is a trap to try and blame the monumental cockup on Corbyn and Labour. In the 2 years since article 50, May hasn’t even been able to get her cabinet to agree on a plan, never mind her own party to back a plan of hers.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:26 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:26 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1133
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12432
Sal Paradise wrote:
I think we would be more agile - how is the EU's deal going with the US!! guarantee we would have a deal sorted quicker and on similar terms to the EU. Has the EU got advantageous terms compared to any other smaller country?

The EU is slow growth area - why would consider this a better option than dealing with the likes of India/China etc in the longer term?

The UK is the EU largest single market perhaps it is in their interest also to do a preferential deal with us?


Come on, you've seen our negotiations with the EU and the stalemate which "we" have arrived at.
Do you really rate the UK's chances of obtaining better deals around the world than the EU have managed.

Also, how long do you think these will take ?? Some of the hard line Brexitiers seems to suggest that it was akin to on line shopping but, any serious trade deal will take years - unless we sell ourselves on the cheap ??

Anyway, it may all be for nowt as May, having totally lost the support of her cabinet, is now begging for help from Corbyn.
Who would have thought that this would be her next move :oops:
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:18 am
Posted by Sal Paradise on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:18 am
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 291
Rep Position: 86th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 16987
Location: On the road
wrencat1873 wrote:
Come on, you've seen our negotiations with the EU and the stalemate which "we" have arrived at.
Do you really rate the UK's chances of obtaining better deals around the world than the EU have managed.

Also, how long do you think these will take ?? Some of the hard line Brexitiers seems to suggest that it was akin to on line shopping but, any serious trade deal will take years - unless we sell ourselves on the cheap ??

Anyway, it may all be for nowt as May, having totally lost the support of her cabinet, is now begging for help from Corbyn.
Who would have thought that this would be her next move :oops:


You are talking about the worst PM we have ever had who has been a disaster at every job she has ever had. I could negotiate a better deal than her - it is no wonder she can't keep her party together she has under mind them at every opportunity but rather than lead by example has simply crumbled as soon as the pressure has been exerted.

As I asked before show me an example of where the EU have negotiated a better trade deal?

Corbyn is so stupid he is walking into a trap - he can't win here: No brexit is political suicide and he will get the blame for not supporting the withdrawl agreement, a soft brexit and a huge volumes of voters will feel betrayed.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:20 am
Posted by Sal Paradise on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:20 am
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 291
Rep Position: 86th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 16987
Location: On the road
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
That could still happen, we haven’t left yet, if we leave without a deal the economy will more than likely go into a recession.


No - the remainers said it would be immediate - even you have to admit that hasn't happened
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 am
Posted by LeythIg on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 am
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 116
Rep Position: 187th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 16

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Landan
Sal Paradise wrote:
You are talking about the worst PM we have ever had who has been a disaster at every job she has ever had. I could negotiate a better deal than her - it is no wonder she can't keep her party together she has under mind them at every opportunity but rather than lead by example has simply crumbled as soon as the pressure has been exerted.

As I asked before show me an example of where the EU have negotiated a better trade deal?

Corbyn is so stupid he is walking into a trap - he can't win here: No brexit is political suicide and he will get the blame for not supporting the withdrawl agreement, a soft brexit and a huge volumes of voters will feel betrayed.


So, what sort of Brexit will not have people screaming betrayal, whilst at the same time sticking to the Good Friday Agreement and continuing to treat NI the same as the rest of the UK?
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:00 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:00 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1133
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12432
Sal Paradise wrote:

As I asked before show me an example of where the EU have negotiated a better trade deal?


There is no example of the EU negotiating a better trade deal than the UK as we have, for the last 40+ years, come under their umbrella.
The argument for the EU is whether as a trading bloc, they have struck the right balance between protecting their member nations, whilst achieving "good" deals with other nations and on balance, I would suggest that they have.

Of course, there will be instances of certain trading sectors in particular nations where someone may not be happy but, the overall picture is ok and we know where we are.
The "leave" brigade want us to believe the scmidt that comes out of the mouths of Boris "two faced" Johnson, Gove, Farage etc.
I dont like Corbyn's politics but, even he is more honourable than these people, who are bothered about NOBODY, other than themselves.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:41 am
Posted by Sal Paradise on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:41 am
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 291
Rep Position: 86th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 16987
Location: On the road
wrencat1873 wrote:
There is no example of the EU negotiating a better trade deal than the UK as we have, for the last 40+ years, come under their umbrella.
The argument for the EU is whether as a trading bloc, they have struck the right balance between protecting their member nations, whilst achieving "good" deals with other nations and on balance, I would suggest that they have.

Of course, there will be instances of certain trading sectors in particular nations where someone may not be happy but, the overall picture is ok and we know where we are.
The "leave" brigade want us to believe the scmidt that comes out of the mouths of Boris "two faced" Johnson, Gove, Farage etc.
I dont like Corbyn's politics but, even he is more honourable than these people, who are bothered about NOBODY, other than themselves.


I didn't ask whether the EU had negotiated a better deal than the UK I asked for an example of where the EU had used its size to negotiate a better deal than a smaller nation. The US is an example of where the EU falls down when negotiating trade deals. Do you honestly think the UK could not get the same/better deal in quicker time?
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:32 am
Posted by Backwoodsman on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:32 am
Backwoodsman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 60
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 1380
Location: Deepest North Yorkshire Woodland
Regarding the Irish border problem, the DUP not supporting any of Teresa May proposals may ultimately bring in a Corbyn government. It’s a well known fact both Corbyn and McDonnell have always supported the movement for a United ireland. Any kind of movement towards this could potentially trigger another Scottish referendum. I always assumed that whoever paid the piper called the tune. Bearing in mind the money Teresa May has shoveled towards Northern Ireland it’s obviously not the case.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 am
Posted by tigertot on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 593
Rep Position: 21st / 77,889

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16963
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
If May thought a bit of money would permanently win over a bunch of medieval fascists then she is even more stupid than I gave her credit.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am
Posted by bren2k on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 628
Rep Position: 19th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15246
Location: Ossett
Backwoodsman wrote:
Regarding the Irish border problem, the DUP not supporting any of Teresa May proposals may ultimately bring in a Corbyn government. It’s a well known fact both Corbyn and McDonnell have always supported the movement for a United ireland. Any kind of movement towards this could potentially trigger another Scottish referendum. I always assumed that whoever paid the piper called the tune. Bearing in mind the money Teresa May has shoveled towards Northern Ireland it’s obviously not the case.


The DUP are hard-nosed and tough to deal with - if she thought that bunging them a few quid would secure their votes, then she's clearly spent no time researching their history; or, it demonstrates the level of desperation when her snap election utterly backfired and reduced the Tories to a minority, relying on Arlene and the ERG to prop her up - hence the dogged determination to stick to the red lines that kept the more swivel-eyed of JRM's cabal of lunatics tentatively on board.

With regards her offer to Mr Corbyn - it's 2 years too late, and is clearly a trap; if not, the hardline Brexiteers in the cabinet would have walked out of that long meeting and resigned on the spot - and I'm sure JC and his team will recognise that. If I were him, I'd insist on live-streaming it, so she can't claim to have been conciliatory and reasonable, but that nasty Marxist wouldn't play ball.

Once again, Corbyn has played a blinder - he's now the de-facto PM.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,978,3642,07677,8894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Thu 6th Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Sat 8th Feb 14:00
SL
SALFORD
v
TORONTO
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)