WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sky TV games non Wire.

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Sky TV games non Wire.

Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:10 am  

OSWire1993 wrote:
OSWire1993 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:32 am
Posts: 55
two poor teams...defence awful for both sides. Wigan improved a bit in second half don't think either will get close to top four. how bad is Myler on the last tackle??
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:31 am  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:36 pm
Posts: 1856
For all the money they’ve spent, Leeds look poor. Centres look very good, props look awful, halves even worse. Waiting for Merrin to show some Marquee value at the minute.

Singleton on dual reg to Featherstone this week, Peteru doesn’t look like he could break out of a wet paper bag, Cuthbertson is never going to do the hard yards, he’d probably look decent for us playing alongside Cooper and Hill, but he needs people doing the hard yards for him, so he can do the flashier stuff. Crosby will unfortunately probably struggle to play 50% of the games.

They need 3 props, a backrower and two new halves for me.
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:33 am  

KingRoss11 wrote:
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Out and about in Wigan
rubber duckie wrote:
Well let's see Pie guy.


I’ve no doubt Roosters will win and probably win easy. 16-20 points defeat I can see for Wigan but to say Wigan will embarrass the British game is just plain stupid. I highly doubt Wire would beat Roosters and would also probably lose by 12+
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:06 am  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:01 pm
Posts: 4355
Location: newton-le-willows

Leeds badly missing players of the quality of Burrow, McGuire, Sinfield & Peacock & Walker was flippin awful, just like last week.
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 14784
KingRoss11 wrote:
I’ve no doubt Roosters will win and probably win easy. 16-20 points defeat I can see for Wigan but to say Wigan will embarrass the British game is just plain stupid. I highly doubt Wire would beat Roosters and would also probably lose by 12+

Well that is where I concede because Wire haven't got the opportunity to prove otherwise.
On embarrassing the British game...it will happen because Wigan are representing England, Britain and Northern Hemisphere SL and they will trounce us (ouch). You probably have a different threshold of embarrassing than I do. As officially the best team we have, the perspective of defeat is the level of shame to me.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 am  

User avatarUncle Rico wrote:
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 4449
Location: Stuck in 1982
ninearches wrote:
Leeds badly missing players of the quality of Burrow, McGuire, Sinfield & Peacock & Walker was flippin awful, just like last week.


I know he's only young, it's only a couple of games in, he's playing in a poor side at the moment and I actually feel a bit sorry for him because he's exposed on the pitch and also with the hype BUT I'm glad we didn't go all out to sign this Walker

As far as the game goes I thought Leeds were unlucky with a few calls first half and they might fare better being in front by a couple of scores but they look poor and fragile all over the park Does anyone know whether there is there an injury crisis or is this it?
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:16 am  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:01 pm
Posts: 4355
Location: newton-le-willows

I only managed to see the second half & i thought Walker looked dejected at times & i hope he doesn't lose confidence because up & coming youngsters still are the life blood of the game.
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 14784
Uncle Rico wrote:
I know he's only young, it's only a couple of games in, he's playing in a poor side at the moment and I actually feel a bit sorry for him because he's exposed on the pitch and also with the hype BUT I'm glad we didn't go all out to sign this Walker

As far as the game goes I thought Leeds were unlucky with a few calls first half and they might fare better being in front by a couple of scores but they look poor and fragile all over the park Does anyone know whether there is there an injury crisis or is this it?

We're very familiar with half the spine. I think that is where the issue lies, not good enough for us. I think the 6 and 7 lack presence...where I've always been a vocal fan of bigger halves. Pryce Schofield Sculthorpe Harris Farrell Sinfield Lockers Ratchford Tomkins and Austin...some of them not natural 1st picks as half backs and some bigger than others but these guys are generally all bigger than the assumed idea of what a halfback should be and drag with it almost all the success in British RL for 25 years or more.
Without size and with it presence the half back of success is genuinely someone very special.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 pm  

Paul Youane wrote:
Paul Youane Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:52 pm
Posts: 7475
KingRoss11 wrote:
I’ve no doubt Roosters will win and probably win easy. 16-20 points defeat I can see for Wigan but to say Wigan will embarrass the British game is just plain stupid. I highly doubt Wire would beat Roosters and would also probably lose by 12+


If Thaler is reffing I'd make Wigan slight favourites after what I witnessed last night.
Re: Sky TV games non Wire. Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:08 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 14784
Paul Youane wrote:
If Thaler is reffing I'd make Wigan slight favourites after what I witnessed last night.

Can't give you an argument over that.
once a wire always a wire
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Builth Wells Wire and 61 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,074,2481,70678,2374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts