WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fax v Leigh
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 pm
Posted by Beaujangles on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 pm
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 238
Rep Position: 96th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 672
Chapman-Smith in 19-a plus.Butler and Grady still missing which is annoying but no DR farce to concern us this week..
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:57 pm
Posted by Alan on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:57 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 781
Rep Position: 8th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11727
Location: Back in Lancashire
Here's our 19 man squad.

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2019/02/0 ... o-halifax/

Expect the four D/R's to play. And look out for Ashworth! :wink:
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:00 pm
Posted by bentleyman on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:00 pm
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 166
Rep Position: 140th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 2198
Location: On the Star Ship Andromeda Hope Lives Again !!
Disappointment for Hudd-Shay then nothing to grumble at :wink:
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:24 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:24 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 348
Rep Position: 58th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3367
Location: Shuddersfield
bentleyman wrote:
Disappointment for Hudd-Shay then nothing to grumble at :wink:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. PRF, Circa 2019. Up The Fax!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 348
Rep Position: 58th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3367
Location: Shuddersfield
Alan wrote:
Here's our 19 man squad.

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2019/02/0 ... o-halifax/

Expect the four D/R's to play. And look out for Ashworth! :wink:

That's a decent looking squad you and St Helens have assembled.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:01 pm
Posted by Beaujangles on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:01 pm
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 238
Rep Position: 96th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 672
Hudd-Shay wrote:
That's a decent looking squad you and St Helens have assembled.
:) .If you have to use DR at least make it work for you.Leigh's looks very strong as for our use-total embarressment...
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:08 pm
Posted by faxcar on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:08 pm
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 176
Rep Position: 133rd / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3076
Beaujangles wrote:
A virtul new team knocked together at the eleventh hour is further down the road than us at the present moment....really...that's damning if true..whatever the reality i'm expecting a fax win on sunday,last weeks shambles can't be allowed a repeat.

Would anybody be too surprised if Leigh did get the result as this 11th hour knocked together team are full of experienced quality players, their own and the additions from Saints.
As shown last week against Toulouse where they played for the full 80 minutes as a unit they are further down the road form wise coming into this game.

Fax form in reality so far amounts to showing nothing much preseason and last weeks shambles to go on, with settled team selection still not decided by a long way for a number of reasons.

My main concern goes back over a few seasons and the almost mandatory slow start which is being repeated again with Fax just doing the same easy to read plays and giving penalty after penalty after penalty away.
It's one thing to say we know we need to improve but not as easy to do it as we've seen often enough in the past.

Of course I'm hoping for a Fax win but I'm uneasy about it based on the above precisely because of how big a season it could be for us.
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 348
Rep Position: 58th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3367
Location: Shuddersfield
faxcar wrote:
Would anybody be too surprised if Leigh did get the result as this 11th hour knocked together team are full of experienced quality players, their own and the additions from Saints.
As shown last week against Toulouse where they played for the full 80 minutes as a unit they are further down the road form wise coming into this game.

Fax form in reality so far amounts to showing nothing much preseason and last weeks shambles to go on, with settled team selection still not decided by a long way for a number of reasons.

My main concern goes back over a few seasons and the almost mandatory slow start which is being repeated again with Fax just doing the same easy to read plays and giving penalty after penalty after penalty away.
It's one thing to say we know we need to improve but not as easy to do it as we've seen often enough in the past.

Of course I'm hoping for a Fax win but I'm uneasy about it based on the above precisely because of how big a season it could be for us.

I could have written that word for word. The frustrating thing about it is that almost everyone is in agreement with it, barring the coach.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 pm
Posted by Dbvada on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 pm
Dbvada Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 43
Rep Position: 248th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 10:22 am
Posts: 225
Such a hard game to call after last weeks results.

Did Fax simply not bother as they thought they couldn't win, or are they simply that bad?
Are Leigh a complete team and DR what makes them one?

I think our lack of creativity will be our downfall and I am sadly going for a Leigh win by two tries.
Re: Fax v Leigh
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:35 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:35 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 483
Rep Position: 31st / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12836
Location: blackpool tower circus
Hudd-Shay wrote:
I could have written that word for word. The frustrating thing about it is that almost everyone is in agreement with it, barring the coach.

Come on Pete, Fax must be favourites ,you have a settled Squad, and yer own spin doctor the BFG keeps telling us all how Fax are nailed on for a top 4 spot,we on the other hand have a so called cobbled together side, with a small pack, as BFG has described us, a banker Fax win.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fanfaxtic, Hudd-Shay, prince abdula and 45 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


REST IN PEACE
ARCHIE BRUCE

RFL STATEMENT
--DONATE TO FUND--
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,942,7521,85177,7994,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
CANTERBURY
TOMORROW 09:00
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
PENRITH
TOMORROW 10:55
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SOUTHS
TOMORROW 19:00
 CH1
LONDON SKOLARS
v
HUNSLET
Sat 24th Aug 06:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
NZ WARRIORS
Sat 24th Aug 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
NEWCASTLE
Sat 24th Aug 10:35
NRL
ST.GEORGE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Sat 24th Aug 15:00
CC2019
ST.HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
Sat 24th Aug 17:30
1895
SHEFFIELD
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 25th Aug 05:00
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
GOLD COAST
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)