RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Gale done for 2019
Re: Gale done for 2019 Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 pm  

User avatarGronk! wrote:
Gronk! User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 5035
I mean they could also just sign someone for 100k/175k and designate them as marquee and they don't count on the cap at all...
Re: Gale done for 2019 Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 pm  

User avatarHim wrote:
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14968
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
I’m struggling to think of a time where this has been done before.

It would seem a bit of a silly anomaly if allowed. If Gale had played in round 1 and been injured then presumably this couldn’t happen. Seems a bit daft to me. Either all players who are injured can be exempt from the cap or none.

Also I’d say if a team deregisters a player and so making them exempt from the salary cap, I think they should be able to be signed by other clubs without a transfer fee.
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 am  

User avatarTowns88 wrote:
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 4424
In 2016 we lost Shenton for the season 27 minutes in. There was nothing we could do. If the RFL do allow us to do this and we can bring someone in then why the hell not. Look at the shambles that is hardakers drug ban and maybe scrutinise that and compare that with other cocaine users in recent years.

That said, I legitimately don't see us signing anyone. We couldn't get a proper full back from the October before the season so how the hell will we get a first choice 7 4 weeks before the season?
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 am  

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Towns88 wrote:
In 2016 we lost Shenton for the season 27 minutes in. There was nothing we could do. If the RFL do allow us to do this and we can bring someone in then why the hell not. Look at the shambles that is hardakers drug ban and maybe scrutinise that and compare that with other cocaine users in recent years.


What’s drugs bans that aren’t set by the RFL got to do with this case?

Fair enough Cas having the cheek to ask but the RFL shouldn’t even be considering it. They actually should be some exemptions in case of long term injury such as injured onInternational duty or picking up a serious illness or stuff away from rugby like being hit by a drunk driver or beating attacked by a group of guys outside a club. But picking up an injury in training is just part and parcel of sport.

Also as previously mentioned, Leeds and other clubs usually leave some cap space in case of such a problem. Cas not doing and helping them out is just rewarding poor cap management.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 am  

User avatarNothus wrote:
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5644
Location: Bradford
The only thing setting this injury apart from many others before it is the timing. It's happened before a ball has even been kicked so Cas have time to salvage the situation.
But I still think other clubs will be annoyed if dispensation is granted. Danny Addy missed all of last season for Hull KR and they just dealt with it. Walmsley missed a hell of a lot of last season for Saints, Manfredi for Wigan, even Albert Kelly was absent with concussion for a while with Hull FC.
My point is that serious injuries are part and parcel of the sport and the timing of an injury should not determine how disadvantageous it is to the club in question.
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 pm  

User avatarGronk! wrote:
Gronk! User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 5035
So i think Cas have really gamed the system.

They've been given dispensation but aren't using it now, instead swapping Wardle for Rankin. That is dodgy for me.
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm  
TheDreadnought Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 1374
Why are Huddersfield so desperate to get Wardle back?
Am ya papi
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm  

User avatarcaslad75 wrote:
caslad75 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:15 am
Posts: 798
Location: Hemsworth
Gronk! wrote:
So i think Cas have really gamed the system.

They've been given dispensation but aren't using it now, instead swapping Wardle for Rankin. That is dodgy for me.


We're not making many friends at the moment are we?? If those are the RFL rules and we are just playing by them then fair enough but, even as a Cas fan, I don't agree with it. I don't care what anyone says about 'we are close to the cap', we always leave a little room in case we need anything mid season. Swapping Wardle for Rankin (if it turns out to be true, but the rumour is gathering pace) and replacing Wardle with Clarkson balances our squad more anyway. We have 4 other half backs that we can call upon, plus the likes of McShane, Millington that can play in the halves in an emergency. We shouldn't need cap dispensation. Let's say one of the other half options performs really well and makes the place his own, then we go out and sign someone of quality in a different position. What happens then? There will be uproar with people saying we have cheated the system and used the cap dispensation for another position. I'm not comfortable with it at all. The best thing we can do is to thank the RFL for allowing it, but state that we won't be using it. As always, only my opinion!
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:07 pm  
My Mate Ronnie User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am
Posts: 604
caslad75 wrote:
We're not making many friends at the moment are we?? If those are the RFL rules and we are just playing by them then fair enough but, even as a Cas fan, I don't agree with it. I don't care what anyone says about 'we are close to the cap', we always leave a little room in case we need anything mid season. Swapping Wardle for Rankin (if it turns out to be true, but the rumour is gathering pace) and replacing Wardle with Clarkson balances our squad more anyway. We have 4 other half backs that we can call upon, plus the likes of McShane, Millington that can play in the halves in an emergency. We shouldn't need cap dispensation. Let's say one of the other half options performs really well and makes the place his own, then we go out and sign someone of quality in a different position. What happens then? There will be uproar with people saying we have cheated the system and used the cap dispensation for another position. I'm not comfortable with it at all. The best thing we can do is to thank the RFL for allowing it, but state that we won't be using it. As always, only my opinion!


I wouldn’t worry about it Caslad . If the rule exists then utilise it , I’m sure fans of rival clubs commenting on Luke Gale and Castlefords situation would want their club to do the same , should it happen to one of their players .

The RFL have done clubs favours in the past , they show no consistency in the rules , So I wouldn’t feel guilty if I were you . Best of luck for the season .
Re: Gale done for 2019 Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm  

User avatarcaslad75 wrote:
caslad75 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:15 am
Posts: 798
Location: Hemsworth
My Mate Ronnie wrote:
I wouldn’t worry about it Caslad . If the rule exists then utilise it , I’m sure fans of rival clubs commenting on Luke Gale and Castlefords situation would want their club to do the same , should it happen to one of their players .

The RFL have done clubs favours in the past , they show no consistency in the rules , So I wouldn’t feel guilty if I were you . Best of luck for the season .


I shouldn't worry about it really, and when the season gets underway theres other things to worry about, but I just believe in whats right is right, thats all. I'll be happy enough with Wardle gone and Clarkson/Rankin in.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HXSparky and 79 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,167,73264278,6216,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TOMORROW 19:45
SL
Wakefield
v
Castleford
Thu 17th Jun 10:50
NRL
Brisbane
v
Souths
Thu 17th Jun 19:45
SL
St.Helens
v
Warrington
Fri 18th Jun 09:00
NRL
NQL Cowboys
v
Cronulla
Fri 18th Jun 10:55
NRL
Penrith
v
Sydney
Fri 18th Jun 19:45
SL
Huddersfield
v
Salford
Fri 18th Jun 19:45
SL
Wigan
v
Hull KR
Sat 19th Jun 06:00
NRL
Newcastle
v
NZ Warriors
Sat 19th Jun 08:30
NRL
St.George
v
Canberra
Sat 19th Jun 10:35
NRL
Melbourne
v
Wests
Sat 19th Jun 15:00
SL
Leigh
v
Hull FC
Sat 19th Jun 15:00
 L1
West Wales
v
Crusaders
Sat 19th Jun 15:30
 L1
LondonS
v
Barrow
Sat 19th Jun 17:00
SL
Catalans
v
Leeds
O
F
F
 
Sat 19th Jun : 18:00
 CH
Toulouse
v
Bradford
Postponed
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Mon 14th Jun
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury28-6St.George
Sun 13th Jun
WSL RND: 5 Hudds W8-44Wire W
NRL RND: 14 NZ Warriors16-42Melbourne
NRL RND: 14 Parramatta40-12Wests
CH RND: 9 Dewsbury12-56Toulouse
CH RND: 9 Featherstone44-0Bradford
CH RND: 9 Halifax30-6York
CH RND: 9 Swinton30-36Newcastle
CH RND: 9 Whitehaven20-24Batley
CH RND: 9 Widnes22-24LondonB
L1 RND: 6 Coventry12-30Workington
L1 RND: 6 Keighley70-12West Wales
L1 RND: 6 Crusaders0-68Doncaster
Sat 12th Jun
SL RND: 9 Leigh30-36Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
CH RND: 9 Oldham28-32Sheffield
L1 RND: 6 Barrow40-4Rochdale
L1 RND: 6 LondonS10-62Hunslet
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 14 472 178 294 24
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Parramatta 14 400 224 176 22
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 14 299 312 -13 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
NZ Warriors 13 281 347 -66 10
Wests 14 292 374 -82 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 13 162 366 -204 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 8 306 76 230 16 402.63 100
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
Batley 8 228 160 68 12 142.50 75
LondonB 9 226 216 10 11 104.63 61.11
Halifax 9 271 135 136 10 200.74 55.56
 
York 9 219 180 39 8 121.67 44.44
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 9 226 263 -37 7 85.93 38.89
Dewsbury 8 115 227 -112 6 50.66 37.50
Newcastle 8 168 246 -78 5 68.29 31.25
Whitehaven 9 160 278 -118 5 57.55 27.78
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Swinton 9 152 345 -193 0 44.06 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Wire W 4 86 154 -68 2 55.84 25
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Hudds W 4 46 222 -176 2 20.72 25
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X