WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Golden Boot 2018
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 947
Rep Position: 4th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29725
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Whoosh
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:07 pm
Posted by wire-flyer on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:07 pm
wire-flyer User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 158
Rep Position: 152nd / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:53 pm
Posts: 675
Location: Reebok, 1800ft
They should have created a new trophy if they wanted an 'international player of the year' award instead of reusing (and devaluing) something as prestigious as the golden boot

It's like awarding the SL trophy to the winner of the challenge cup final
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 552
Rep Position: 27th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3327
supercat wrote:
Well done TM for winning the Golden Boot and being the best International player this year. Doesn’t mean he’s the best player in the world this year. I think with the rule changes the award recognition changes. Think some are over reacting and probably need to stop comparing him to previous players that have won it.

Then change the name if the award and give makinson international player of the year or something, why downgrade the award, because thats what is they have done, essentially an insult to previo winners.
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm
Posted by Karen on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 236
Rep Position: 105th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10963
Location: The right side of the river, by 49 miles!!
Thread cleared up. Please refrain from insults and bringing TJ into this. Thank you.
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm
Posted by QwerkyCat on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm
QwerkyCat User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 248th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:14 am
Posts: 99
Karen wrote:
Thread cleared up. Please refrain from insults and bringing TJ into this. Thank you.


Isn't this a forum where people can compare opinions, I think if Johnstone and Makinson are going to be compared; surely this is the place for it to happen?

You're correct on the insults bit, Homme Vaste was out of order.
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 pm
Posted by Karen on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 pm
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 236
Rep Position: 105th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10963
Location: The right side of the river, by 49 miles!!
QwerkyCat wrote:
Isn't this a forum where people can compare opinions, I think if Johnstone and Makinson are going to be compared; surely this is the place for it to happen?


No, this is the place for it to happen: http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=619901
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:44 pm
Posted by QwerkyCat on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:44 pm
QwerkyCat User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 248th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:14 am
Posts: 99
Karen wrote:
No, this is the place for it to happen: http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=619901


Eh and why is that sorry? Should there be a separate thread for every player I'd like to compare Makinson to? Surely this thread should be open to discuss anything surrounding the golden boot award; not only Johnstone but any player?

"The Rugby League World Golden Boot Award is a rugby league award handed out annually for achievements in rugby league by Rugby League World magazine. The Golden Boot is given, usually in December after the conclusion of all the year's matches, to the player adjudged to be the best in the world, as determined by a ballot of international media representatives."

I get why you deleted the insults, Homme Vaste was out of order but I think you've judged this one incorrectly.
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Posted by Karen on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 236
Rep Position: 105th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10963
Location: The right side of the river, by 49 miles!!
QwerkyCat wrote:
Eh and why is that sorry? Should there be a separate thread for every player I'd like to compare Makinson to? Surely this thread should be open to discuss anything surrounding the golden boot award; not only Johnstone but any player?

"The Rugby League World Golden Boot Award is a rugby league award handed out annually for achievements in rugby league by Rugby League World magazine. The Golden Boot is given, usually in December after the conclusion of all the year's matches, to the player adjudged to be the best in the world, as determined by a ballot of international media representatives."

I get why you deleted the insults, Homme Vaste was out of order but I think you've judged this one incorrectly.

We set up a separate thread to stop all threads being derailed by the current comparison between TM & TJ. Please use that thread for comparison discussions and this one for discussing the Golden Boot. Thank you.
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Posted by QwerkyCat on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm
QwerkyCat User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 248th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:14 am
Posts: 99
Karen wrote:
We set up a separate thread to stop all threads being derailed by the current comparison between TM & TJ. Please use that thread for comparison discussions and this one for discussing the Golden Boot. Thank you.


Ok
Re: Golden Boot 2018
Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm
Posted by QwerkyCat on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm
QwerkyCat User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 248th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:14 am
Posts: 99
Interestingly it is the first time a winger has won the award.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bewareshadows, Bing [Bot], ComeOnYouUll, little wayne69, normycat and 110 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,956,0821,30977,8194,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
CASTLEFORD
TOMORROW 10:50
NRL
SOUTHS
v
MANLY
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
Sat 21st Sep 10:50
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
PARRAMATTA EELS
Sat 21st Sep 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 22nd Sep 14:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
DONCASTER
Sun 22nd Sep 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
YORKW
Sun 22nd Sep 16:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
Sun 22nd Sep 18:30
 CH
TORONTO
v
TOULOUSE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)