Posted by Willzay on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:08 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 813
Rep Position: 10th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Jukesays wrote:
Something along those Lines - Yes - And?

Sounds like an instruction to me.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Re: GRAND FINAL WEEK
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:59 pm
Posted by Sal Paradise on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:59 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 88th / 77,905

Mash Butty wrote:
We've never seen anything like that at Wigan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HCyzM0V4pk
It was his last season

Morley never actually connected he just ran over him - unlike Mick Cassidy in the same game :D So yes you have seen something equally as bad at Wigan :D Did you forget that? I also remember a great try from Brad Godden :D
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 pm
Posted by Phuzzy on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 pm
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 290
Rep Position: 90th / 77,905

Sal Paradise wrote:
The player was never the same again - seldom do people get such a direct hit from a defenceless prone position as Hohaia was and seldom from a athlete that so highly trained. We see plenty of cases where one punch can kill someone. I think you need to read the research.

He should have received a life ban - there is a difference between throwing punches that can be defended but to hit someone who cannot defend themselves is gutless and has no place in our game.

I have read the research. I suggest you do the same but I'll summarise here for you. The condition Hohaia retired from cannot be caused by a single blow. It is a cumulative condition. The research was carried out on NFL players who essentially wear crash helmets so the effects of large blows should, in theory, be largely diminished. What the research found was that it wasn't large blows that were the cause of the condition but repetition of small impacts. In fact the impacts could be quite small. Hohaia has had numerous concussions throughout his career (it came out in the aftermath of the GF incident) and had actually suffered similar symptoms previously. Why do you think he didn't sue?

Daryl Goulding similarly had to retire early and Kevin Brown is currently under observation. Again, these are the results of continuous and regular blows to the head, not from one single blow. In both cases (if and when it happens to Brown) a single incident will be the last thing that happens before they need/needed to retire. However, in no way, would that incident be the cause.

Let me liken it to a car crash. You see a car plough into a wall. On investigation it turns out the brakes had failed. It would be like you saying "of course the brakes have failed... it's just ploughed into a wall!"

You're confusing cause and effect.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 pm
Posted by Jukesays on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 pm
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 272
Rep Position: 97th / 77,905

Sal Paradise wrote:
Morley never actually connected he just ran over him - unlike Mick Cassidy in the same game :D So yes you have seen something equally as bad at Wigan :D Did you forget that? I also remember a great try from Brad Godden :D

I remember a couple more later in the season in the semi final and final.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:58 pm
Posted by Sal Paradise on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:58 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 88th / 77,905

Phuzzy wrote:
I have read the research. I suggest you do the same but I'll summarise here for you. The condition Hohaia retired from cannot be caused by a single blow. It is a cumulative condition. The research was carried out on NFL players who essentially wear crash helmets so the effects of large blows should, in theory, be largely diminished. What the research found was that it wasn't large blows that were the cause of the condition but repetition of small impacts. In fact the impacts could be quite small. Hohaia has had numerous concussions throughout his career (it came out in the aftermath of the GF incident) and had actually suffered similar symptoms previously. Why do you think he didn't sue?

Daryl Goulding similarly had to retire early and Kevin Brown is currently under observation. Again, these are the results of continuous and regular blows to the head, not from one single blow. In both cases (if and when it happens to Brown) a single incident will be the last thing that happens before they need/needed to retire. However, in no way, would that incident be the cause.

Let me liken it to a car crash. You see a car plough into a wall. On investigation it turns out the brakes had failed. It would be like you saying "of course the brakes have failed... it's just ploughed into a wall!"

You're confusing cause and effect.

You confuse my post - you suggested it wasn't possible to die from a single punch to the head even if it were Mike Tyson - that is simply untrue. Research supported by tangible evidence sugests your theory is wrong.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 pm
Posted by Jukesays on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 pm
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 272
Rep Position: 97th / 77,905

Sal Paradise wrote:
You confuse my post - you suggested it wasn't possible to die from a single punch to the head even if it were Mike Tyson - that is simply untrue. Research supported by tangible evidence sugests your theory is wrong.

No he didnt
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:28 pm
Posted by Judder Man on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:28 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 232
Rep Position: 115th / 77,905

Sal Paradise wrote:
The player was never the same again - seldom do people get such a direct hit from a defenceless prone position as Hohaia was and seldom from a athlete that so highly trained. We see plenty of cases where one punch can kill someone. I think you need to read the research.

He should have received a life ban - there is a difference between throwing punches that can be defended but to hit someone who cannot defend themselves is gutless and has no place in our game.

What the club doctor was most concerned about was the vertical direct impact because the skull couldn't deflect and take some of the shock. For example drive over a pothole with no suspension and you are going to know about.

That punch wasn't anything to do with sport it was split second madness of GBH.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 868
Rep Position: 8th / 77,905

I wonder if some rugby might break out during everyone's anticipated thug fest, that will hopefully be talked about after the game?
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:51 pm
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:51 pm
Psychedelic Casual User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 527
Rep Position: 31st / 77,905

Calmer winds but more rain tomorrow
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 pm
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 pm
Psychedelic Casual User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 527
Rep Position: 31st / 77,905

Willzay wrote:
Wasn't there's actual footage of Wane saying something along the lines of "go out there and cause f#####g mayhem" on the Auz WCC?

“Knock people out... I can’t give you more of a free reign than that... Create loving mayhem, be reckless, because that’s what’s going to get us a loving win.”

I find it funny when Wigan fans constantly bring up that Westwood punch on Green (must see it posted on here half a dozen times a year) when their own coach said that.

“be reckless”!
PreviousNext