WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 21 | Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 21 | Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity

Posted by chapylad on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:29 pm
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 286
Rep Position: 92nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Christopher do you have selective reading syndrome?
If you read my post I said he is still young and will develop.
But wrt your eyesight I think if you watch the game again Walker made more than one mistake on Friday.
At the moment he is no Ben Barba, Sam Tomkins or Zak Hardaker but he might get near in the future but not at present is all I was saying.
For me the best full back on the pitch was in a Wakefield shirt.
So less of the ffs hey.
Posted by Ferdy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:00 pm
Ferdy User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 287th / 77,905

tad rhino wrote:
handleys not a strike centre for me. average at best

While no world beater he’s doing a lot better than sutcliffe. Read his own hype too young and he is average at best
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 pm
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 88
Rep Position: 226th / 77,905

Sal Paradise wrote:
Anyone who thinks Handley compares in any way favourably with Watkins needs medical help

Read my posts Sal.

I was not comparing Handley and Watkins as rugby players period and I pointed out Handley's shortcomings in defense.

However what you cannot argue with is the Handley this season has been one of our best attacking players and not below average as Tad claimed. He is our top try scorer and has outperformed Watkins in many of the attacking aspects of the game such as try assists, clean breaks, tackle busts and of course tries.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:31 pm
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 88
Rep Position: 226th / 77,905

son of headingley wrote:
…and this all goes to prove that it is ALWAYS better to base your opinion on what your eyes tell you than from a piece of paper/web page.

The only thing that has been proven is that the facts recorded for the number of tries scored, clean breaks made, tackles bust and try assists which provide the KPIs for each player. I have seen most of these on TV which are often show from different angles from which I too form my own opinion with what my eyes tell me. But in my case the KPIs back up my eyes and my opinion.

I am only commenting on Handley's attacking performances this season and not his defensive liabilities.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
Posted by snowie on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:19 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 727
Rep Position: 15th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 232

I wouldn't of given that try of Woods, but it makes up for the crap that Child served up v sts
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:11 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 413
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,905

Handley is poor defensively, but he's getting tries whilst also not completely blocking Hall out of the game. That's important because we're scoring less than 20 points per game across all games this year. At least that edge is a threat.

Walker just looked a really average full back. He has zero presence running the ball back, is pretty ineffectual in the tackle and creates little in attack when we have the ball. His biggest issue by far is his lack of size and strength. He'll never be a man mountain, but in the off-season he needs to put on some serious bulk. I'm completely serious in saying he wouldn't be playing anything other than U19s in Australia. He wouldn't be up to the physicality of the Queensland Cup, never mind NRL (where Hardaker was considered 10 kg too light).

My main fear is that if he continues playing full back the way he does, he'll end up being another kid with promise who gets his confidence blown away and ends up in the Championship or worse. Walker has got talent, but right now for full back is a weakness in our first 17, and he's only marginally better than Golding.
Posted by tad rhino on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:47 am
tad rhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 424
Rep Position: 50th / 77,905

don't care what the stats say about clean breaks or trys scored he's nowhere near good enough to be a regular. not if we want to be a top side again
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 413
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,905

Assuming you're talking about Handley, he definitely needs to get better, but compared to other positions its simply less important. To me we look weak as the proverbial at fullback and stand off in the backs, and backrow in the forwards. Prop we just need more of a group. Average is the best that far too many of our squad could aspire to. I can't think of more than a couple of our forwards who'd be automatic in a top 4 first 17 - Ward and Garbutt. Both of them miss a lot of games. The rest, and I include Cuthbertson in the core role of prop - taking the ball in hard and tackling - are average plodders.
Posted by krisleeds on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:12 pm
krisleeds User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 209th / 77,905

BrisbaneRhino wrote:
Assuming you're talking about Handley, he definitely needs to get better, but compared to other positions its simply less important. To me we look weak as the proverbial at fullback and stand off in the backs, and backrow in the forwards. Prop we just need more of a group. Average is the best that far too many of our squad could aspire to. I can't think of more than a couple of our forwards who'd be automatic in a top 4 first 17 - Ward and Garbutt. Both of them miss a lot of games. The rest, and I include Cuthbertson in the core role of prop - taking the ball in hard and tackling - are average plodders.

Agreed, Handley is awful.

One trick pony.
Previous