WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Do the Math
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:32 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13081
Location: wakefield
I think the point is that he doesn't think he's picking the wrong players.
It's easy for fans to call after the fact.

Finn wasn't actually at fault for any of the tries, maybe one. But did a great thing to get us a try.
I'm not defending him. I'd drop him personally. But it isn't an easy decision if you don't have confidence in the alternatives.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 pm  

User avatarTricky2309 wrote:
Tricky2309 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:03 pm
Posts: 4163
PopTart wrote:
I think the point is that he doesn't think he's picking the wrong players.
It's easy for fans to call after the fact.

Finn wasn't actually at fault for any of the tries, maybe one. But did a great thing to get us a try.
I'm not defending him. I'd drop him personally. But it isn't an easy decision if you don't have confidence in the alternatives.


Chester acknowledged he got his selection wrong on Saturday. Let’s see what he does on Friday
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:52 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14377
Wildmoggy wrote:
I said ages ago those close defeats earlier on were missed opportunities, and the likes of Catalans, HKR and Hudds had wins in them, although I didn't think Catalans & Hudds would beat us, and win as many as they have. We have had 9 games where the result has been by 6 or less, we have won 3 and lost 6. 50% ratio would have seen us sitting pretty now........but hey ho, I disagree with you, I think we will win one, but even that may not be enough.


It's not the close defeats earlier in the season that will harm us. It's failure to beat the teams around us in the latter part of the season that COULD cost us.
Victory against Huddersfield and Catalan have put us into the dogfight to avoid the bottom 4 and victories against either Leeds or Huddersfield (or even Hull) will make us safe.
This is entirely in our own hands but, we need a performance sooner, rather than later.
Despite criticism on here for saying that Catalan and Huddersfield were in good form, only to be put down and told that neither side had beaten anyone decent, we seem to have sleep walked into a dangerous position.
We need to treat each of our last 3 games as MPG's (or cup finals).
Leeds will throw everything they have at us on Friday, as they tried to do at Cas in the early part of the game and we have to match them blow for blow until they break.
However bad we think our own form is currently, Leeds' is far, far worse and despite their new coaching set up, their confidence will be almost zero.
5 drives and a kick will do and let Leeds make the mistakes coming out with the ball.
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 pm  

Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 3918
Location: Orange street
You have to remember we are not just playing Leeds on Friday we are also playing the ref, the RFL, Superleague, Sky and anyone else you can think of. The is the messiahs first home game, how can the world allow Sir Kev to loose it !!!

In fact I have heard Eddie Hemmings has already suffered bouts of premature ejaculation at the thought of his return.
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 pm  

musson wrote:
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 1349
Prince Buster wrote:
You have to remember we are not just playing Leeds on Friday we are also playing the ref, the RFL, Superleague, Sky and anyone else you can think of. The is the messiahs first home game, how can the world allow Sir Kev to loose it !!!

In fact I have heard Eddie Hemmings has already suffered bouts of premature ejaculation at the thought of his return.


The last bit made me lol
They may bring Stevo back to help in the creaming
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:39 pm  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 570
This is why games much earlier in the season when some on here were saying (must win game )and got their heads bitten off for their audacity are now proven to have a point .
As much as we would like to be able to target games for wins we have fallen short too many times this season and now find ourselfs in a battle royal to keep in the top eight.
We must go into every game with the mindset of it’s a must win game ,eventhe cup games which we so badly cocked up this year .
We have at our disposal the best squad we have had for a very long time give or take a few injuries.
If we as a team cannot get ourselfs up for the coming battles in the weeks ahead ,staff and players need to have a good look in the mirror and ask them self’s are they really fit and proud to wear the famous red,white and blue.
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 pm  
Eastern Wildcat Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am
Posts: 2738
Couldn't agree more Kettycat.

Players and coaches alike should have that mindset, that every game is important, and must be looking to win the game, especially as the league, generally speaking is so tight.

We are now in a dogfight to avoid what looks like it could well be a very tight and difficult middle 8s campaign.

People will start going on again about how far we've come since the MPG in 2015.

Do we really want to be in that position again?
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:38 pm  

leedscat wrote:
leedscat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 692
wakey warrior wrote:
So who is at fault for picking the wrong players us the supporters or dare i say it the man who can do no wrong CC I'm confused!

Mr chester can do no wrong your correct looking at the teams i the championship who will be top4 toronto toulouse and most likley leigh or london add to that the inform hull kr and the inconsistant but strong salford i see the 4 spots for sl been between 6 and no easy games.really hope it doesnt go titts up but the man who cant do no wrong really could be the man to relagte us
Re: Do the Math Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:44 pm  

User avatarmetallicat wrote:
metallicat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 639
Have to say I agree with Belly, doom though it is.
5 wins in our last 17 games tells me defeats are more likely. Great win v Sts in those 5, but its the performances v Salford, Hudds and last Saturday which I fear a repeat of.
Current Yorkshire Cup holders - Trinity
Re: Do the Math Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:10 am  

BOJ042 wrote:
BOJ042 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 1104
we wont get a 50/50 call on Friday night (who do they want in the top 8 leeds or wakey) so we have to smash them to win -
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1873, BarnsleyGull, cocker, Fordy, Little willy, LyndsayGill, Pat Bateman, Redscat, The Avenger, trin77, wakefield1990, wakefieldwall and 115 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,074,7251,05478,2384,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts