WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Catalans
Re: Catalans Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 2021
Kettykat wrote:
Didn’t take Catalan long to exploit finny’s side on two occasions in the first half which left him grasping at thin air.
Have said for a long time that our players are stood receiving the ball and get little or no forward momentum before being tackled
Every Catalan player was running onto the ball and making good metres them selfs or offloading gaining more metres .
Catalan did the basics very well ,running hard and tackling well,both of which we were very poor at tonight .
On tonight’s performance I’d drop keegan and Finn ,keegan was bossed about all night and made no impact what so ever either going forward or in the tackle ,if he made one .
Poor Finn must realise that he can no longer offer us what we need in a half back ,we just seemed clueless near their line .
Tonight I’d say plenty of effort from most but very poor execution and game plan .
I had this game down for a tuff win but if we stick with this side I honestly don’t know where our next points are coming from .
Can’t think of another team that swing so far between good and bad performances like that .
Yet again when destiny was in our own hands we now have to rely on others to help.
On a side note ,good crowd turned out tonight just don’t know how many will want to come back after the performance.
We seem to be the masters at shooting ourselfs in the foot.


V Good post Ketty. I agree with everything that you said there
Re: Catalans Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:55 pm  
Eastern Wildcat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am
Posts: 2792
Agree with pretty much everything there Kettycat, good post
Re: Catalans Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:59 pm  

leedscat wrote:
leedscat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 692
PopTart wrote:
I kind of agree about Keegan but who replaces him.
England looks injured
Huby still out
Balwinson away on loan.

We are down on numbers in front row.

Well thats poor coaching why let players go on loan when uour short
Re: Catalans Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13576
Location: wakefield
Because we weren't short when he went on loan.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Catalans Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:30 am  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 630
Makes you wonder the coaches reason for keeping Finn on the whole game when even we could see he was been exploited by Catalan,who soon picked up on his weakness.
It seems unbelievable that we can put in performances like that yet we can beat saints at our place ,and should have won at theirs ,run warrington so close at home, and put in some really top draw performances along the way .
We are well into the season now so no excuses that we are gelling or getting used to each other ,
Is it the coaching that’s the problem or the players attitude or something else, I which I knew but whatever it is it’s needs sorting real quick so we don’t get dragged into the dogfight at the end of the year
Re: Catalans Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10344
Im afraid we are in a dogfight Kettycat, last nights result has put us into the mix, whichever makes the performance all the more infuriating.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Catalans Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 am  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7431
Sacred Cow wrote:
Baldwinson back next week.[b] Arona is more than capable than doing the job whilst England has a week off to recover.[/b] There’s a lad called Crowther that wouldn’t have minded a craic at the first team as well.

Talking of which, last night at the match I dropped on a friend of everybody on here, he's affectionally called somebody in the know, anyway he's telling me that the club are after off loading Arona which I think everybody and his dog knows, so not wanting to appear rude I asked him why and he says it's because of the wages, personally I could not care less what he's on as it's out of my control, but I will say one thing whatever he's on comparing with that Pauli he's certainly value for money.

I took a friend to last nights game ex player and ex Leeds fan, who as he says has better things to do with his time and money, anyway after the game he made 2 comments, the first one was Catalans were the better team and deserved their win, the second one was what's pauli's role in this team other than to play the ball after Cats turned the ball over, if he'd have asked me a question on pop music i might have been able to answer him.

With regards to Jordan Crowther I simply can't pass comment as I have never seen him play, but I'm quite sure he'd have shown far more passion than that lump who for me only broke sweat when he rushed for the ball to play it when they turned it over on the last tackle leaving young Rocky to take it up on our ten metre line, just thought I'd give it a mention and balance things out as the rest of the forwards have been criticised.
Re: Catalans Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 am  
Adam_Harrison9 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 925
chissitt wrote:
Talking of which, last night at the match I dropped on a friend of everybody on here, he's affectionally called somebody in the know, anyway he's telling me that the club are after off loading Arona which I think everybody and his dog knows, so not wanting to appear rude I asked him why and he says it's because of the wages, personally I could not care less what he's on as it's out of my control, but I will say one thing whatever he's on comparing with that Pauli he's certainly value for money.

I took a friend to last nights game ex player and ex Leeds fan, who as he says has better things to do with his time and money, anyway after the game he made 2 comments, the first one was Catalans were the better team and deserved their win, the second one was what's pauli's role in this team other than to play the ball after Cats turned the ball over, if he'd have asked me a question on pop music i might have been able to answer him.

With regards to Jordan Crowther I simply can't pass comment as I have never seen him play, but I'm quite sure he'd have shown far more passion than that lump who for me only broke sweat when he rushed for the ball to play it when they turned it over on the last tackle leaving young Rocky to take it up on our ten metre line, just thought I'd give it a mention and balance things out as the rest of the forwards have been criticised.


Pauli might not have been great yesterday. Unfortunately, I was ill so couldn't make it. However, he has been great for the last 7 or 8 games so I can forgive that. I find it odd that the entire team plays pretty badly and then back comes up the Pauli criticism. There are players that haven't pulled their weight for the last 8 games/season... no hints needed.
Re: Catalans Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:35 am  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7431
Adam_Harrison9 wrote:
Pauli might not have been great yesterday. Unfortunately, I was ill so couldn't make it. However, he has been great for the last 7 or 8 games so I can forgive that. I find it odd that the entire team plays pretty badly and then back comes up the Pauli criticism. There are players that haven't pulled their weight for the last 8 games/season... no hints needed.

It was quite clear with a couple of your comments that you weren't at the match, I could not care less about the last 7 or is it 8 games that you think he's been great that's your opinion, although you did not go you say that the entire team played badly, presumably that's the opinion of somebody that did go, I find it odd myself that although the team played pretty badly in your words, you find time to defend a player who you did not see play, on the balance of the last 7 or 8 games, other than last nights game I don't have a problem with Pauli, unlike you I went to the match and all the forwards have been criticised on here for yesterdays game except in my opinion our worst forward on the night Pauli, what's odd about that?
Re: Catalans Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 am  

Wildmoggy wrote:
Wildmoggy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 661
After watching the post match interview, does anybody know who the forward is we have signed for next season?? I can't believe there's been no names flying around, either on here or at games, I haven't heard anyone being mentioned, unless I've missed something on here.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coco the fullback and 88 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,118,64067378,4374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X