WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - KR @ Magic
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm
knockersbumpMKII

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 244th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

bonaire wrote:
Logan wont make it.
If Miloudi and Harris start at Half back the back line could be Connor,Griffin,Scott and possibly a forward or yeaman
That backline has no pace

You mean not as speedy as the fastest in the league, binman isn't exactly quick off the mark and we've hardly relied on outright speed in the backs, well since a long time ago so it really isn't an issue.
And with all due respect to the dobbins their full strength team isn't close to a top 4 team and they have around as many out as us so that supposed lack of pace really is neither here nor there. We play to our strengths with the team we have, don't dick around and we win by at least 2 scores.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Fri May 18, 2018 11:36 pm
Posted by the cal train on Fri May 18, 2018 11:36 pm
the cal train User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 240th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 64

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 pm
Posts: 2765
Location: West Hull
People have said Miloudi and Harris have been training in halves this week. If there's any truth in that I'd guess a backline of:

Shaul
Scott
Connor
Yeamo
Griffin

Griffin on wing doesn't really make sense to me but - who else?
All men are created equal, some work harder in preseason.
-Emmitt Smith
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 5:19 am
Posted by Jake the Peg on Sat May 19, 2018 5:19 am
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 599
Rep Position: 20th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28699
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
How can you say we have no half backs when we clearly have two in Harris and Miloudi, a pair who have worked together, frankly it's a no brainer to play them there together. Are they going to set the world on fire, maybe not but they have experience and know each others game. I'd also rather have Connor and Griffin in the centres all things considered (putting Hadley there was a big mistake before).
Get the ball to a guy with pace and an inch of space and they are a winger, you know what the score is, I'm plenty sure whoever is out there will dot down a couple of time if we spray it about a bit.
I think you're being far too pessimistic, as I said previously I reckon we'll do them by two scores but now actually thinking we'll beat them by more.

harris and miloudi have played about 3 SL games between them so how can they be experienced? Playing a few 3rd tier games together is hardly preparing them for steering around a SL team in a fierce derby game
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm
knockersbumpMKII

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 244th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Jake the Peg wrote:
harris and miloudi have played about 3 SL games between them so how can they be experienced? Playing a few 3rd tier games together is hardly preparing them for steering around a SL team in a fierce derby game


How many games has Connor played with either, NONE, how do you know Connor is a better halfback than Miloudi, you don't.
Each time Miloudi has played with Harris Donny have racked up a hatfull.
Miloudi serves us better in the halves where he is used to playing and is a direct replacement for Kelly in style of play, Connor serves us better in the centres along with Griffin, it isn't rocket science it's logic based on players playing in their best positions that they are more used to playing.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 2:52 pm
Posted by Hasbag on Sat May 19, 2018 2:52 pm
Hasbag User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 158
Rep Position: 150th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm
Posts: 2798
Location: Hull
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
How many games has Connor played with either, NONE, how do you know Connor is a better halfback than Miloudi, you don't.
Each time Miloudi has played with Harris Donny have racked up a hatfull.
Miloudi serves us better in the halves where he is used to playing and is a direct replacement for Kelly in style of play, Connor serves us better in the centres along with Griffin, it isn't rocket science it's logic based on players playing in their best positions that they are more used to playing.

I'm with you on this. I'd like to see Miloudi and Harris start in the halves and Connor at centre. It would massively strengthen our backline. I like the thought of Connor going up against that Rovers winger who only made his debut last week (Griffin would also cause the lad plenty of problems).
If things aren't going well we can always swap Miloudi and Connor around, but that's the way I'd like to see things start.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 3:11 pm
Posted by number 6 on Sat May 19, 2018 3:11 pm
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 104
Rep Position: 195th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 10971
connor can always step into the halves when needed, but feel we need him more in centre tomorrow, clearly obvious rovers will attack us out wide
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 599
Rep Position: 20th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28699
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
How many games has Connor played with either, NONE, how do you know Connor is a better halfback than Miloudi, you don't.
Each time Miloudi has played with Harris Donny have racked up a hatfull.
Miloudi serves us better in the halves where he is used to playing and is a direct replacement for Kelly in style of play, Connor serves us better in the centres along with Griffin, it isn't rocket science it's logic based on players playing in their best positions that they are more used to playing.


If miloudi were a better half than Connor I think we'd have seen him there by now although no doubt you'll come back and blame Radford for that.

Playing miloudi and Harris together might be better for the shape of the team if it frees Connor up to play centre but does leave us desperately short of experience at half back. We may see Connor lining up at half back on attack but defending out wide
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 4:32 pm
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Sat May 19, 2018 4:32 pm
knockersbumpMKII

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 244th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Jake the Peg wrote:
If miloudi were a better half than Connor I think we'd have seen him there by now although no doubt you'll come back and blame Radford for that.

Playing miloudi and Harris together might be better for the shape of the team if it frees Connor up to play centre but does leave us desperately short of experience at half back. We may see Connor lining up at half back on attack but defending out wide

Get a grip, first you say I'm going to blame Radford for playing a weaker team in the CC when it was I who suggested that that might be a better option, now you're saying I'll blame radford if we play Miloudi therere when that's exactly what I and others have suggested. :CRAZY:
You're totally losing the plot and simply trying to start an argument over nothing simply because I unpicked what you said with a logical argument as to why Miloudi should be picked in the halves. You yet again came back with 'well you'll blame Radford if we lose' nonsense ... AGAIN.

how can we know if Miloudi is better when Radford hasn't picked him and so far he has had kelly for the most part to play and will obviously go with a player he knows more about in Connor at 6 if Kelly is injured, yet whilst playing for Doncaster with someone he supposedly has only played three games with has absolutely ripped it up in the no.6 position.
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 5:08 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Sat May 19, 2018 5:08 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 599
Rep Position: 20th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28699
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
Get a grip, first you say I'm going to blame Radford for playing a weaker team in the CC when it was I who suggested that that might be a better option, now you're saying I'll blame radford if we play Miloudi therere when that's exactly what I and others have suggested. :CRAZY:
You're totally losing the plot and simply trying to start an argument over nothing simply because I unpicked what you said with a logical argument as to why Miloudi should be picked in the halves. You yet again came back with 'well you'll blame Radford if we lose' nonsense ... AGAIN.

how can we know if Miloudi is better when Radford hasn't picked him and so far he has had kelly for the most part to play and will obviously go with a player he knows more about in Connor at 6 if Kelly is injured, yet whilst playing for Doncaster with someone he supposedly has only played three games with has absolutely ripped it up in the no.6 position.

You are a fuggin drama queen. It's impossible to debate anything with someone who steadfastly believes everything he comes out with is right an nothing anyone says which doesn't agree with him is relevant.

How many Doncaster games have you watched miloudi play? I presume you're a regular down there with you being so certain he's a better half back than one of the best young ball players in sl
Re: KR @ Magic
Post Sat May 19, 2018 6:04 pm
Posted by ccs on Sat May 19, 2018 6:04 pm
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 449
Rep Position: 42nd / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm
Posts: 3998
A Doncaster fan commented a few weeks ago that Miloudi is a fullback, not a standoff, so who knows?

Not sure where "absolutely ripped it up in the no.6 position" comes from.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris71 and 67 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,977,5971,22877,8824,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Thu 6th Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)