WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Compared to last season

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Compared to last season

Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:56 am
Posted by wildshot on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:56 am
wildshot User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 238th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: The world is my oyster!

After the recent string of results I think we should look at last season for perspective, our results before the split for the 8s included:

Cas at home - lost
Warrington away - lost
Hull away - lost
Leeds at home - lost
Saints at home - lost

The only difference this year is that we lost away to Wigan whereas we won last year. We also have to play Wigan at home (which we lost last year in the normal season) so if we reverse that we are no worse off than last year.

Admittedly the fixture list hasn't been kind to us recently but you can only play what is put in front of you.

I think we are still strong contenders for the 8s and where we finish beyond that....?????
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 am
Posted by BOJ042 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 am
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 222
Rep Position: 101st / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 828
I still think we should make the 8 but it will be 8th.......but its a hope at moment... top 4 is not on the radar ....

we have not played as good as last year once this year I don't think -our wins have been just wins against the bottom 4 teams we have not been impressive as we were last year
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:32 am
Posted by PopTart on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:32 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 836
Rep Position: 7th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 11843
Location: wakefield
Makes sense Wildshot.
Would have been great to win them but if we win the others no one will be bothered. It's just the order the games have come.
We made some errors defensively and at orb yesterday but it will come. We'd have beaten many teams in SL on yesterday's performance.
Keep the faith.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 am
Posted by Trinity1315 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 am
Trinity1315 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 139
Rep Position: 158th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 pm
Posts: 1122
BOJ042 wrote:
I still think we should make the 8 but it will be 8th.......but its a hope at moment... top 4 is not on the radar ....

we have not played as good as last year once this year I don't think -our wins have been just wins against the bottom 4 teams we have not been impressive as we were last year


well we played very well yesterday and we're not far away from those teams we are marginally losing games to.
All that on a low budget!
If the teams we were playing spent the same as us we'd whip the lot of 'em!
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:42 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:42 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 377
Rep Position: 49th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7271
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
I really can't see any one can look at the table and results so far and not think we look nailed on for 7th at worst. I know things can change.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 am
Posted by bellycouldtackle on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 am
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 111
Rep Position: 182nd / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:46 am
Posts: 1977
Location: wakefield
We have the players to finish in top 8, top 6 is a bridge to far, there is plenty of effort but our game plan is poor, game management is poor. Need to go back to basics if we want to secure 7th / 8th
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:35 am
Posted by homme vaste on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:35 am
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 396
Rep Position: 44th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 184

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1280
Location: Tomorrowland
bellycouldtackle wrote:
We have the players to finish in top 8, top 6 is a bridge to far, there is plenty of effort but our game plan is poor, game management is poor. Need to go back to basics if we want to secure 7th / 8th


I disagree, i think our squad is capable of competing and getting in that top 4. Some would say we have been extremely unlucky over the past 4 games but you make your own luck in this game and i think we have thrown away games that we should have won in Leeds, Hull and probably Cas. Our game management needs to be better and if it does not improve we will be looking at 8th/7th this season.
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:16 am
Posted by bren2k on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:16 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 591
Rep Position: 18th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15054
Location: Ossett
homme vaste wrote:
I disagree, i think our squad is capable of competing and getting in that top 4. Some would say we have been extremely unlucky over the past 4 games but you make your own luck in this game and i think we have thrown away games that we should have won in Leeds, Hull and probably Cas. Our game management needs to be better and if it does not improve we will be looking at 8th/7th this season.


So if the squad is capable, why have they thrown away the last 4 games and failed to manage games properly?

I think the reality is that we're beating who we would be expected to beat, and losing to better teams - so we're probably about where we deserve to be.

The only other conclusion is that Chester has suddenly become a bad coach - and I don't think that's the case; the players he has are not able to execute to win the fine margins over bigger, better resourced teams - hence the bombed tries, stupid penalties, rubbish last tackle plays and failure to shut down close games. It's not a disaster, but it's important to be realistic.
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:22 am
Posted by homme vaste on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:22 am
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 396
Rep Position: 44th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 184

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1280
Location: Tomorrowland
bren2k wrote:
So if the squad is capable, why have they thrown away the last 4 games and failed to manage games properly?

I think the reality is that we're beating who we would be expected to beat, and losing to better teams - so we're probably about where we deserve to be.

The only other conclusion is that Chester has suddenly become a bad coach - and I don't think that's the case; the players he has are not able to execute to win the fine margins over bigger, better resourced teams - hence the bombed tries, stupid penalties, rubbish last tackle plays and failure to shut down close games. It's not a disaster, but it's important to be realistic.


Hi Bren, the group of players that we have are capable, meaning that i think they have the ability to be up there come the end of the season. I also believe that they are capable of improving on the game management side of things, whether they do or not is another thing. I also thought our squad was capable of making the top 4 last season but a few things didn`t go our way in the Saints and Hull match.
Re: Compared to last season
Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:28 am
Posted by bren2k on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:28 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 591
Rep Position: 18th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15054
Location: Ossett
homme vaste wrote:
Hi Bren, the group of players that we have are capable, meaning that i think they have the ability to be up there come the end of the season.


The evidence would suggest otherwise; we've just played a series of games against teams we'd need to beat to be "up there come the end of the season," and failed to win a single one.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coco the fullback, eastardsley, KingRoss11, Lupsetbull, Mr Bliss, PopTart, Scarlet Pimpernell, The Avenger and 128 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


REST IN PEACE
ARCHIE BRUCE

RFL STATEMENT
--DONATE TO FUND--
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,941,0731,07577,7924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 22nd Aug 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
CANTERBURY
Fri 23rd Aug 09:00
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
PENRITH
Fri 23rd Aug 10:55
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SOUTHS
Fri 23rd Aug 19:00
 CH1
LONDON SKOLARS
v
HUNSLET
Sat 24th Aug 06:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
NZ WARRIORS
Sat 24th Aug 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
NEWCASTLE
Sat 24th Aug 10:35
NRL
ST.GEORGE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Sat 24th Aug 15:00
CC2019
ST.HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
Sat 24th Aug 17:30
1895
SHEFFIELD
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 25th Aug 05:00
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
GOLD COAST
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)