WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2018 Season Tickets
2018 Season Tickets
Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:49 pm
Posted by muttywhitedog on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:49 pm
muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 218th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 428

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 366
The waiting is over:

http://wiganwarriors.com/seasontickets

Frankly I'm underwhelmed that following a disappointing season where entertainment was at a premium and we finished in our lowest position for 9 years, the club have generously frozen the price for "up to" 14 home games at the DW, which unless there are some quality signings, will probably equate to 13 home games maximum.

I doubt there'll be a stampede for tickets.
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:19 pm
Posted by maurice on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:19 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 174
Rep Position: 113th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16402
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
Stop your whingeing and support your club
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:46 pm
Posted by muttywhitedog on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:46 pm
muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 218th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 428

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 366
It seems you are on the wrong forum Mo - this is for Super League clubs. 2nd division clubs can discuss issues relevant to them at the following link:

viewforum.php?f=123
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:00 pm
Posted by DaveO on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:00 pm
DaveO User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 102
Rep Position: 166th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14314
Location: Chester

muttywhitedog wrote:
The waiting is over:

http://wiganwarriors.com/seasontickets

Frankly I'm underwhelmed that following a disappointing season where entertainment was at a premium and we finished in our lowest position for 9 years, the club have generously frozen the price for "up to" 14 home games at the DW, which unless there are some quality signings, will probably equate to 13 home games maximum.

I doubt there'll be a stampede for tickets.


They have not frozen the price. It's actually a small increase. The super 8 games have been covered by your season ticket regardless of if we got three or four home games. In the past we have not had a refund if it's only three nor have we been asked to cough up for an extra fixture if it's four. The club implying the home fixture lost due to the Oz trip is made up by a fourth home game in the super 8's is disingenuous. They must think people are thick.
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20
Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm
Posted by maurice on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 174
Rep Position: 113th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16402
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
muttywhitedog wrote:
It seems you are on the wrong forum Mo - this is for Super League clubs. 2nd division clubs can discuss issues relevant to them at the following link:

viewforum.php?f=123



The sentiment applies to all RL fans, a bigger set of whingeing barstewards you will never meet. RL is too cheap, especially when your passion lies with a club who tend to hit one of the major finals most seasons, now get your white fivers out and buy one as any club is the sum of its fans.
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 pm
Posted by hatty on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 pm
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 161
Rep Position: 120th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3182
Location: wigan...where else!!
maurice wrote:
The sentiment applies to all RL fans, a bigger set of whingeing barstewards you will never meet. RL is too cheap, especially when your passion lies with a club who tend to hit one of the major finals most seasons, now get your white fivers out and buy one as any club is the sum of its fans.

It’s called freedom of choice.
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:56 pm
Posted by hengirl on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:56 pm
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 141
Rep Position: 133rd / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:16 am
Posts: 659
DaveO wrote:
They have not frozen the price. It's actually a small increase. The super 8 games have been covered by your season ticket regardless of if we got three or four home games. In the past we have not had a refund if it's only three nor have we been asked to cough up for an extra fixture if it's four. The club implying the home fixture lost due to the Oz trip is made up by a fourth home game in the super 8's is disingenuous. They must think people are thick.

Little doubt its an increase, and yes the club are treating fans as mugs.
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:21 pm
Posted by Levrier on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:21 pm
Levrier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 127
Rep Position: 145th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 986
What does it cost to pay at the gate? I will look at the games that I cannot go to, do the maths and decide whether to buy a season ticket. Season tickets are still good value but I find it more difficult each year to fit it around the increased demands from work to be always avaliable. That is what did for my Latics season ticket.
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:10 pm
Posted by hengirl on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:10 pm
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 141
Rep Position: 133rd / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:16 am
Posts: 659
Levrier wrote:
What does it cost to pay at the gate? I will look at the games that I cannot go to, do the maths and decide whether to buy a season ticket. Season tickets are still good value but I find it more difficult each year to fit it around the increased demands from work to be always avaliable. That is what did for my Latics season ticket.

For the first time this is what im doing, if theres a lot of Sunday games in particular then I'll more than likely pass on a season ticket as it costs me in terms of earning more of a weekend than on weeknights, and I'll pick and choose my games the danger there of course is you just get out of the habit of going of course.
Re: 2018 Season Tickets
Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:26 am
Posted by muttywhitedog on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:26 am
muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 218th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 428

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 366
Levrier wrote:
What does it cost to pay at the gate? I will look at the games that I cannot go to, do the maths and decide whether to buy a season ticket. Season tickets are still good value but I find it more difficult each year to fit it around the increased demands from work to be always avaliable. That is what did for my Latics season ticket.


The difference between a warriors and latics season ticket is that for almost the same price, you get either 13 or 23 games included. For those of a blue persuasion, if you intend to go to more than 10 games out of the 23, you are better off by having a season ticket, as the matchday price is around £25 for adults. For a warriors fan, in order to break even, you will have to go to 10 or 11 out of 13 games, some of which will be at unpopular times due to sky messing about with the fixtures.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arthur Warrior, Barrett was robbed, ChrisA, Edinburgh Warrior, endoman, FearTheVee, Froggy, Fujiman, Google [Bot], J L Hooker, Levrier, MadDogg, MattyB, NSW, post, stpatricks, Suzy Banyon, Trainman and 151 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,924,0461,68877,6924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 08:00
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 10:55
NRL
PENRITH
v
ST.GEORGE
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
TOMORROW 05:00
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
NEWCASTLE
TOMORROW 08:30
NRL
CANBERRA
v
WESTS TIGERS
TOMORROW 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
SOUTHS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
LONDON SKOLARS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH1
WEST WALES
v
COVENTRY BEARS
TOMORROW 17:00
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 21st Jul 05:00
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
MELBOURNE STORM
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)